[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Twenty missions a day to get Guild Certificates?

FlameSama1FlameSama1
Vindictus Rep: 1,960
Posts: 91
Member
in General Discussion
Seriously? Who has the time for ten raids and ten daily missions, on top of everything else? Unless I'm missing something.
VladinoWilkochicaneLoLoBootyAibou

Comments

  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,505
    Posts: 187
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    What else are you doing in Vindictus other than raiding, doing missions, farming dailies? Guess you wanted them for doing nothing.

    By doing those you also do your daily/weekly/monthly etc.
    PrettyyNaNaLynDrachusnoctred
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 231
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    Who is insane enough to do 10 dailies? Even if you go relevant content dailies (lvl 90-95) you are still forced to do super easy (even with +0 practice weapon) S1 and S2 dailies (that don't even have hero mode).

    Edit: After RISE it used to be maximum of 5 battles per day for a event reward. Increased to minimum 20 (or even 30) battles now. They rly don't want to give players rewards for enjoying the game anymore.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    Is the complaint that it's not fun or that it takes too much time? It's annoying for sure but burning through S1 dailies takes no time at all... and at least you get some dismantling fodder in the process.

    Prettyy
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Posts: 236
    Member
    what some people are trying to say is that not everyone has the time to farm all day as some people have a life to live. i feel that if you need to farm a game for 8 hours for the event, then the event is broken. it should never be that long, at the very least it should be 4 hours of farming to get it, in that case most people can attempt it and get it rather than the people who dont go outside or have a job.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    Bowner wrote: »
    what some people are trying to say is that not everyone has the time to farm all day as some people have a life to live. i feel that if you need to farm a game for 8 hours for the event, then the event is broken. it should never be that long, at the very least it should be 4 hours of farming to get it, in that case most people can attempt it and get it rather than the people who dont go outside or have a job.

    I just timed my 10 dailies - it took 21 minutes and 26 seconds. That was a 50/50 split between quicker ex-raids and the longer and more tedious S1 battles. The rest of the boss kills/raid battles come from everyone's typical daily routine and certainly don't take more than a couple of hours at *worst*.

    So - on average, this event will add approximately 30 minutes (worst case scenario on daily RNG) to what the typical Vindictus player was already doing every day.

    Clearly no life required.
    DrachusPrettyyRobertLivia
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 89
    Member
    noctred wrote: »
    Bowner wrote: »
    what some people are trying to say is that not everyone has the time to farm all day as some people have a life to live. i feel that if you need to farm a game for 8 hours for the event, then the event is broken. it should never be that long, at the very least it should be 4 hours of farming to get it, in that case most people can attempt it and get it rather than the people who dont go outside or have a job.

    I just timed my 10 dailies - it took 21 minutes and 26 seconds. That was a 50/50 split between quicker ex-raids and the longer and more tedious S1 battles. The rest of the boss kills/raid battles come from everyone's typical daily routine and certainly don't take more than a couple of hours at *worst*.

    So - on average, this event will add approximately 30 minutes (worst case scenario on daily RNG) to what the typical Vindictus player was already doing every day.

    Clearly no life required.

    Doing 10 daily missions is not the problem. 10 raids - every day is typical???
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    chicane wrote: »
    Doing 10 daily missions is not the problem. 10 raids - every day is typical???

    uhh... yes?

    I respect that some people may have very limited time to play games but if you're a level capped player and can't do 10 raids per day, then I honestly have no idea what you're doing with your in-game time. We're long past the era of Vindictus where you'd get kicked from boats for being undergeared, or had to hope you were able to catch a train, or where you'd spend 20 minutes on a boss only to wipe and have to restart. 10 raids in today's Vindictus is a comparatively minimal time investment.
    Prettyy
  • PrettyyPrettyy
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    Posts: 19
    Member
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    Seriously? Who has the time for ten raids and ten daily missions, on top of everything else? Unless I'm missing something.
    It takes an hour of my precious time to finish all the missions... well sure I could've been dancing and flashing my inners while pretending that I'm afk (i never ever afk btw unless i told so +shy), that is the best thing to do in this game we love so much... Unless I'm missing something. +cold
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Posts: 178
    Member
    ”Game has no content, what am I supposed to do other than staying AFK in CH1?"

    "WTF is this, game giving things to do? Are you out of your mind expecting me to do things"

    Make up your fucking minds, people
    noctredYagaminDrachusAnthonytonyboyAnduri
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 91
    Member
    Elyr wrote: »
    ”Game has no content, what am I supposed to do other than staying AFK in CH1?"

    "WTF is this, game giving things to do? Are you out of your mind expecting me to do things"

    Make up your fucking minds, people

    Explain to me how "do x number of raids a day" is content. It's busy work, and it's a solid two or three hour commitment, on top of all the other missions you need, for ONE ticket.

    It'd be different if this was pre-Rise, where old raids ACTUALLY still counted as raids. But for this it's Season 3 or bust, so that's a minimum of 15-20 minutes per raid, just to meet one of the daily requirements for this. And all to reward you with selecting an emblem by your name or a piece of novelty headgear lol. It's a complete waste of time.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 91
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    noctred wrote: »
    I just timed my 10 dailies - it took 21 minutes and 26 seconds. That was a 50/50 split between quicker ex-raids and the longer and more tedious S1 battles. The rest of the boss kills/raid battles come from everyone's typical daily routine and certainly don't take more than a couple of hours at *worst*.

    So - on average, this event will add approximately 30 minutes (worst case scenario on daily RNG) to what the typical Vindictus player was already doing every day.

    Clearly no life required.

    I've played this game since OG Glas and I don't know if I ever did 10 raids a day, regularly, even at this games peak. Daily missions are the easy part, for sure. 10 S3 raids is damn time-consuming.

    EDIT: I'm doing Fish RaR raids right now and there's literally not a single other raid up in QB at the moment lol. Ten raids is the daily routine for some who plays this game and no other game, maybe.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    I've played this game since OG Glas and I don't know if I ever did 10 raids a day, regularly, even at this games peak. Daily missions are the easy part, for sure. 10 S3 raids is damn time-consuming.

    Raids during OG Glas era are a world apart from raids today. I don't think I did 10 raids a day consistently back then either.

    If people in your party have decent gear, the early S3 raids take like 5 minutes a piece, scaling upwards somewhat as you hit the later raids. If you have VIP, you only need to do the early raids - and with VIP being in the AP shop, there's no excuse for anybody to not have it running 24/7. So really - you do 2x Regina/Glas/Lugh/Braha or whatever and then a couple RARs which are usually destroyed in record time if done during prime time.

    Rounding up and assuming you get parties with very poorly geared players (let's say 10 minutes per battle and a bit less for RARs), that's around 1.5 hours for your 10 raids and another 25-30 min for your dailies - realistically it'll most likely be less. If you can't host, I guess add a few minutes here and there waiting for boats to pop up.

    If a worst case scenario of 2 hours is damn time consuming, I guess we just have conflicting definitions of time consuming.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Posts: 935
    Member
    noctred wrote: »
    FlameSama1 wrote: »
    I've played this game since OG Glas and I don't know if I ever did 10 raids a day, regularly, even at this games peak. Daily missions are the easy part, for sure. 10 S3 raids is damn time-consuming.

    Raids during OG Glas era are a world apart from raids today. I don't think I did 10 raids a day consistently back then either.

    If people in your party have decent gear, the early S3 raids take like 5 minutes a piece, scaling upwards somewhat as you hit the later raids. If you have VIP, you only need to do the early raids - and with VIP being in the AP shop, there's no excuse for anybody to not have it running 24/7. So really - you do 2x Regina/Glas/Lugh/Braha or whatever and then a couple RARs which are usually destroyed in record time if done during prime time.

    Unfortunately, VIP from the AP shop only lasts 2 days, and you won't get another until the AP shop resets on Monday 12:00 AM PDT. With that said, I think they give a fair amount of time to get at least one thing that you want from the event, so waiting another week to improve your odds doesn't seem unreasonable. I totally understand the pain of committing 3 hours to a game so heartless though.

    As a potential workaround, has anyone tried Ein Lacher raids to see if they count?
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    Order5 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, VIP from the AP shop only lasts 2 days, and you won't get another until the AP shop resets on Monday 12:00 AM PDT.

    You're right, my bad. I guess if you don't have VIP and don't have the ability to QB the later raids, it might be more annoying for you. If you can QB them, then things don't change too much even without VIP.

    Regardless, 3 hours for 10 raids seems like an extreme high end estimate to me. That implies spending almost as much time waiting for raids as you spend actually doing them - a scenario I've personally never encountered (in recent history) during the times I play.

    ymmv.
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Order5 wrote: »
    As a potential workaround, has anyone tried Ein Lacher raids to see if they count?

    I think I tried it before to test ways to complete Weekly Missions before and it didn't work. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited May 30, 2018
    Why are you people mad? You've been given chores to do, shoo shoo, go ahead and do them, then again everyday until the game shuts down, shoo shoo!

    Same thing the game offered ever since launch, nothing new, you should be used to the daily chores by now!
    Drachus
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 69
    Member
    You guys are offered additional rewards for doing certain things, sure you can't classify it as "new content" but it does add something to it. Are you forced to do it? No you're not, so don't complain. Manage your time spent in game better.

    I understand that people are busy in real life, I am as well and it's one of the reasons why I left this game. If you don't feel like you can invest the time in Vindictus to the point where it makes you happy/pleases you, chances are that this game or any other MMO isn't for you.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 231
    Member
    Better having complaints than being quiet. When was it last time since we had an enjoyable event. You can get guild certificates only if you complete all of guild missions and if you fail to complete them all within a day they will reset. Guild missions as whole take more then 1 hour to complete (sometimes even 3-4 if you don't prefer easiest and fastest way) and that's too much IMO.

    Why couldn't it be that you'll get 1 guild certificate for every guild mission and exchange shop would change x3 more for each item?

    They should increase it to 15 raids, 15 dailies and 50 bosses so you can be happy doing even more of your chores since 4 hours in game per day is clearly normal for ppl here.

    As for Ein Lacher raids: I've tried it and no, they don't count.
  • SilverFenixSilverFenix
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Posts: 24
    Member
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, I agree with OT.

    Events should be fun and not a continuous farm (my opionion). Personally I'm completely ignoring the event because I do not have time to farm (not even one day), but I prefer to do the most important raids with my characters and stop.

    by the way .. Anyone of you fished something rare from the AFK fishing event? I still nothing ..
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Posts: 148
    Member
    Vladino wrote: »
    They should increase it to 15 raids, 15 dailies and 50 bosses so you can be happy doing even more of your chores since 4 hours in game per day is clearly normal for ppl here.

    Ironically, the only person in this thread who suggested that 4 hours per day would be an acceptable number for an event is a person who was actually trying to support the OP.

    lol