[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

S3 Raids are a terrible money makers.

EliteBunnyEliteBunny
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited May 20, 2018 in General Discussion
I've literally spent years playing this game and the only market to make money is element stones. Spending the entire month getting 2 drops worth maybe 5m-10m. Your better off farming stones.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited May 21, 2018
    EliteBunny wrote: »
    I've literally spent years playing this game and the only market to make money is element stones.

You sure about that?
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Years and you still don't know how to make money? Join a guild with veterans willing to share their secrets for farming gold lul. I can understand if you're casual, but even then you shouldn't expect much if you're not putting the time in. And no element stones are not the only way to make money. Considering that I'm a casual myself I can still make a decent amount every 2 weeks and that's not coming from element stones so...
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    He does have a point though. S3 Raids are terrible money makers.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    sometimes i forget how scroll looks and i do all raids twice everyday , only what drops recently its lvl 90 armor parts what are worth nothing , drop rate is just horrible
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    edited May 23, 2018
    What's even the most effective way of making gold anyway? I remember back in the day you could just do Twilight BO runs and make mad money. Today you either do raids twice a day everyday and hope you get something (raid gold is still decent) or just do normal runs (which are super tedious).
  • JinyieJinyie
    I don't disagree that S3 raids are terrible. I'm not gonna go spreading all my ways of making money lul, but you can start by doing RAR on all your alts. Everything comes down to RNG and it will always be that way.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Element stones (or the requisite materials) are one of the only sources of consistent and reliable income - alongside ore, orbs, and some other expertise/synthesis materials.

Other markets are either purely RNG based, have very limited demand, revolve around selling airtight items, require a significant investment for uncertain returns (i.e. not feasible for people without a starting bankroll), or demand multiple alts or accounts.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Should just revamp the raid drops since the games main focus is that. Unless you do 2-4 raid trains a day, 20-40 hero muirs and RAR as many chars as are capable of doing it then it just becomes boring fast and you just burn out. Rise made farming a bit more tedious imo. Before you had various ways of making money. Neamhain is also a fairly "reliable" way of making gold albeit it is limited.

S2/S3 raids were more profitable due to no seal shop.
    Said seal could be used on orange box for weapon fragment which you could +10 and full orange and sell for 50-70m.
    Muir was and still is an option to consistently run on hero mode for those sweet empos and now S3 mats.
    You were able to do Keaghan and Lionotus for WB which sold for 1.5 - 2m and the drop rate wasn't bad if you had a multitude of characters.
    There was also the Twilight orb farming that you could do if you wanted.
    Elchulus BO(RAR) was profitable as well.
  • JinyieJinyie
    edited May 23, 2018
    There's no getting around the RNG aspect of this game period. I currently do not purchase cash items unless for outfitters and appearance and it is still possible to get gold without having current funds. Idk about most of you, but I rather have fun doing raids and maybe make money on the side than just mindlessly farm element stones for the sole purpose of making gold. Also if you are saving for something do not spend anything unless for repairs and hp pots. It also helps to know when and at what price to sell or buy the things you need. Lastly patience is key.
    BlueRappy
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Supply depot da best