[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Make Vindictus Great Again!

Comments

• OrtixOrtix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,235
    Thanks for your statement Cedric
    I appreciate and respect
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Tried to read half of it. Couldnt bother reading more. Anyway;

4-8 player raids:
    The playerbase is not ready for 8 man parties. Balor will come soon so we will have an 8 raid party meaning again.
    If the playerbase is bigger, then I might agree. For now, its a 'fitting'solution.

Guild buffs:
    Sure, why not. In BDO there are alot of passive buffs aswell where people just join a guild for that, without really interfering with the other memebers.
    Playing together buffs, sure.

Whatever:
    Biggest problem atm is the amount of 200 channels. People are hiding, people that login think that there are barely people.
    If we move to 5-10 channels, people can go to other cities if they want to avoid lag/have privacy.
    This wont 'increase' the player base, but atleast makes it look more 'active' for starters.

Combo bonus:
    Back in XE, you had the combo bonus. The better you 'dodge' the more damage you do. This actually forced people to 'dodge' to push more damage.
    Personal, I facetank whatever I can, because aslong I dont die, it doesnt really matter.
    Ortix
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018
    JynXi wrote: »

4-8 player raids:
    The playerbase is not ready for 8 man parties. Balor will come soon so we will have an 8 raid party meaning again.
    If the playerbase is bigger, then I might agree. For now, its a 'fitting'solution.

Guild buffs:
    Sure, why not. In BDO there are alot of passive buffs aswell where people just join a guild for that, without really interfering with the other memebers.
    Playing together buffs, sure.

Whatever:
    Biggest problem atm is the amount of 200 channels. People are hiding, people that login think that there are barely people.
    If we move to 5-10 channels, people can go to other cities if they want to avoid lag/have privacy.
    This wont 'increase' the player base, but atleast makes it look more 'active' for starters.

Combo bonus:
    Back in XE, you had the combo bonus. The better you 'dodge' the more damage you do. This actually forced people to 'dodge' to push more damage.
    Personal, I facetank whatever I can, because aslong I dont die, it doesnt really matter.

In the matter of 4-8 players dungeon I meant that it’s basically killing the sense of the MMORPG game especially with guildmates.
    4-player party is an co-op. Ballor will be hard only at first, also probably accessible 3-4 times per week.
    I don't know about random players but my Guild is certainly ready for even Balor since we can make Neamhain with 2-3 players.
    Someday we had to make 5 parties because there was no option to go with more than 4 players. It's not good even for Action MMO.
    I think that Season 2 or 3 on Hero would be great if there would be opportunity to go as 8 members.
    Raids are more funny when larger group of players, often lots of classes with different skills (ex. Karok, Delia, Kai Bow etc.) to make better combo and ensure lots of fun together.

Combo bonus: It need to be reworked, facetanking hits is just aginst of sense in MMORPG’s like Vindictus where there is no Tank/Heal/DPS.
    All classes are DPS and good timeing of dodge is an evidence of skilled player as well.

amount of 200 channels it wouldnt be a problem if something like counter/meter of players on each channel, like “Channel 1 - 450 players online, Channel 2 - 213 players online” etc.
    For my opinion better than lowers the total number of channels.

Anyways thanks for your time and statement.
    I respect that.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Ortix wrote: »
    For my opinion better than lowers the total number of channels.

Nah, bullshit. Its totally useless and it makes the game look even more sh!t than it already is.
    We want people in all the towns, Make 5 channels max. Tadaa.

RaptorBugOrtix
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Is this TIR Coin petition 2.0 but gameplay oriented? Well, enjoy being ignored by Nexoff.
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018
    Is this TIR Coin petition 2.0 but gameplay oriented? Well, enjoy being ignored by Nexoff.

This is not the official petition it's just a forum thread as well, first step of something bigger.
    Maybe “Nexoff” will ignore it, and maybe we will change nothing for now, but it's not the reason to stop trying, we doing what we can it's always better than sit back and wait for miracle.

I'm not sure if you approved this changes or just comment kind of useless information.
    Anyway I recommend you to try think positive for now.
    Thank you.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    JynXi wrote: »

4-8 player raids:

Part of the player count dropping was the removal of 8-man. Putting it back in with an option to set 4, 6, or 8 would allow people to continue to run small parties if they like, but have the frame work for if numbers ever return to anything reasonable. Again, I don't think that would happen because it would mean the Director admitting his decisions were wrong, and so far he's refused to go back on a single one.
    Order5
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited May 22, 2018
    Push this to korea , its good ideas and pretty obvious for all but here this thread have no chance to be heard sadly , my vote for agree cause why not . Dont discourage yourselfs with some answears in here . Good luck in motivation .... dont add that 10 channels crap i dont want to see jynx character :P 200 is perfect , he just feel lonnely at ch 1 :(
    OrtixQuiJinn
  • SexyRevengeSexyRevenge
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    No offense, but posting it here won't make it a difference, is not like Korea will just come exclusive to read your ideas and so on, besides as I heard is quite hard to contact korea for something like this, but yeah! is good to be optimist, so good luck with your greater vindi thing, just pointing out that, posting it here won't do anything at all. x:
    Ortix
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited May 23, 2018
    Guild Housing has been confirmed already. If guildies want their private spaces (my guild wants the same), guild housing should allow for that.
    No other info on this feature is officially out however (KR will get this between next month to September), but that could be a decent trade for lowering the number of channels assuming we don't have to purchase it with NX.

That said, I share the sentiment as others who have settled in their channels for years. I've been in mine since the start of NA Vindi.
    Yakuzama
  • OrtixOrtix
    No offense, but posting it here won't make it a difference, is not like Korea will just come exclusive to read your ideas and so on, besides as I heard is quite hard to contact korea for something like this, but yeah! is good to be optimist, so good luck with your greater vindi thing, just pointing out that, posting it here won't do anything at all. x:

Yeah I realise that posting here will not change those things at once.
    That why after this action I want to go further and make another step for making Vindictus Great Again.
    Sometimes we need to act slowly and calmly, making small progress to achieve something really big and beautiful.

Thanks for your approval and best wishes,
    Yakuzama
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    First off, I want to just tell you it is close to impossible to get a petition going from NA/EU.

KR is always doing stuff like this, and even gathering offline in front of Nexon HQ to do petitions. Did this change anything or did the development team ever take our opinions? No. They closed their ears and eyes since DOL became the director.

If KR can't even communicate with DevCat, how are we supposed to do this? How are you going to communicate with the KR community? The forums and sites are all blocked to foreigners by Korean social security number. Even I, as a Korean living outside of Korea, am having hard times to register for KR communities.

I really appreciate your attemp but I don't think we can communicate with Nexon/DevCat.

Moving on to your suggestions, these are some of my opinions:

First about the new Guild Revamp, it is based on active players farming missions and dungeons individually to aquire points to buy limited time guild benefits like guild feather or additional core. The one you suggested is better where parties with guildies benefit.

ADD is overpowered. The game lost its main core of 'dodge/less deaths/skill = more damage'. Now people with no skills who spend money (or lucky ones) can just face tank everything and come out on top. Dodging became a waste of time if you can face tank and drink potions. However, it is extremely difficult to nerf ADD because of the amount of people who invested into the game and aquired ADD. It would be robbing off from them. Therefore, I like your idea of the old XE combo mechanic.

8 man raid is one of the things I miss after RISE. It makes the raids feel empty and make it less exciting. But due to the current state of the game, I think it was a good solution to lessen the burden of hosters to make more parties.

Despite of my negative view on communicating with the developers in the beginning, I really wish the best of your effort.
    Quinque
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 23, 2018
    First of all I appreciate your approval about changes, I see that you feel the same.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”
    If there is even low chance to communicate with Nexon/DevCat I will find a way. I've already made certain provisions.

However I don't think that “nerfing ADD” would be like ripping of players whose invested money into it. I totally disagree.
    If they would be able to add some kind of debuffs on Raid bosses it will be even more fun for them and fair for other players I think.
    To be honest I have never invested money for equipment, all I have I farmed as well.
    The only items that I ever bought for NX was appearance items and I don't have a problem to beat most of players with even 1k ADD difference.
    Purchasing items and investing real money in game can just speed up progress lil bit.
    If someone achieve something like High Tier of EQ by investing $$ it's ok but now that kind of need even more difficulty and challenges to make use of the items that he has bought to make it usefull and go further into next level of combat in Action MMO.
    If you have an good Gear it's time to show some skills its natural.
    I don't understand why some donate-player would like to disagree with those changes, all of it are superlatives.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    ADD changes were an abomination - no argument there.

Seeing people pop ironhide stims as soon as the battle starts and facetanking everything is laughably sad - no argument there.

8 man boats should make a return - agreed. Preferably as an option with 4 man boats still being the default as that's the most realistically sustainable scenario for the current state of this game.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    edited May 23, 2018
    All you guys telling op a forum post isn’t gonna do anything just chill. They said this is the first step and to gather input from us the community. I’m a little pessimistic when it comes to these things, but I guess I’ll try being optomistic.

+ Add Normal and PP Neam to quick battle
    + Add MP to Berbhe

Glad to see someone who appreciates Vindictus and is willing to take action. So I wish you the best of luck for whatever happens next.
    ZwittuOrtixnoctredSLAMMENING420
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Jinyie wrote: »
    All you guys telling op a forum post isn’t gonna do anything just chill. They said this is the first step and to gather input from us the community. I’m a little pessimistic when it comes to these things, but I guess I’ll try being optomistic.

+ Add MP to Berbhe

Glad to see someone who appreciates Vindictus and is willing to take action. So I wish you the best of luck for whatever happens next.

+Diannan, Videk to all towns
  • OrtixOrtix
    Jinyie wrote: »
    + Add MP to Berbhe

You brang here some great ideas, I will add those in for sure
    Thank you very much :)
  • MadeInKoreaMadeInKorea
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    edited May 30, 2018
    Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the bottom line. But this... does put a smile on my face.

ccIqBjn.png
    OrtixVladinoErinieIJinyiePrototypemindDrachusSLAMMENING420
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Let it end already..
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    ^ just realized 8man to 4man lel never gets old
    Anthonytonyboy