[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Make Vindictus Great Again!

OrtixOrtix
Vindictus Rep: 1,235
edited August 10, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hello there.
Honestly I'm not familiar to use Vindictus forums because there was no need to, all I’ve learned in around 7 years comes from game inside as well. I’m OrtRisa, one of the Arisha’s from EU server from EdgeOfGlory guild. I didn’t created this thread to complain, I am going to try change something and I think that with the help of other players and the interest of people who holds the lair over the cause of Vindictus, this will be achieved. Meanwhile I’m just preparing an official petition and for some time I will be gathering the votes of people who want to support the changes. I have gathered a large group of interested people already, or rather players disgusted by the current situation in Vindictus. For a long time the game has changed dramatically and it wasn’t always a bad changes of course, but still there are issues that need to be fixed which will increase amount of players immediately. Honestly… population in Vindictus is poor and players basically don't want to play this game anymore because of few things that I will state soon.

Just leave a note if you agree with that thread and to let everybody know that you want those changes; the more votes we gather, the more powerful this ticket become. Your own opinions about those things are also welcome. To the point.

I will start a little dreamily, however, I hope that the message will be well understood.

All of you spent a great time and many magic moments in Vindictus and for many years enjoyed an unconventional combat system, the beauty of character personalization, remarkable variety and many other magnificences that the game offers. After more than 7 years of playing both me, my guild and many other; completely random players thinks that it starts to doing badly. This is not the same game in which we could sit for hours and enjoy the unpardonable beauty of this production. I didn’t wanted to say it directly, but Vindictus evidently loses players through problems that can be easily fixed or changed in favor of both players and the publishers themselves. There are things that cause us incredible pain and discourage to the game.

1. 8-players Raids.
A flagship problem that hurts most players in Vindictus. Let's start with the fact that today the only eight-person dungeon is Neamhain (which can be done max 4 times per week). Where are the Raids designed for 8 players? You have no idea how many players want back the merciless battle with all of 8 great warriors into a square flooded with blood of Raid Boss.
This is the issue because of that around half of surveyed players left the game… its sad.
Raids s3 on Hero are a great ground on which you could just add more space in party like it was before - stronger bosses, maybe even with an increased Drop coefficient, that are designed for at least 6 or 8 people. This is undeniably the most beautiful aura of the old good Vindictus time from before the update (from 21th June 2017). In my opinion this is the greatest issue poking the game right now, cause guild’s can’t play in parties any longer, only 4-ppl coop..
nCQp687.jpg
2. More profits from belonging to active guilds.
What does a member of Guild gets? Guild Skills: 3% discounts on painting, sale of items and improvement and repair, +1 AP, Path EXP + 10%, EXP + 5% and Guild Feather ... Alright. They are just passive buffs, but what members of the Guild once got (it was Wednesday, January 18th) for a short period of time for participating in Raids together? More ATT, INT, DEF, Critical Power, + 10 LUK... AWESOME. Why not make it permanently? Or maybe different temporary buffs? Who knows, just think about it how pleasurable and natural it would be when players from the same Guild could get some kind of bonuses! Many of the players still playing Vindictus thanks to their guildmates and it is known that people create a guild as well. Everyone who cares about their Guild and great cooperation in Action MMORPG will surely understand what I am talking about. We need to feel that we are members of Vindictus Guilds, not only because of pink chat for communication or Guild Name above our character’s head, that's all.
3QyUikI.png
3. Consumable Items limited by the time-limit.
Currently, most consumable items like Potions, boosts and other such consumables things from events are limited in time. I'm not talking about epaulets, visual effects or occasional buffs, but about items that once didn’t had such a limit, for example, "Christmas Pudding", “Halloween Potions” and even Items from the last event "Clover Juice" or "Cherry Blossom Rice Cake" - all of those unique, rare and other items in kinda “collector's character” are Time Limited. I assure you that many players would like to keep these items and use them when they will be useful. For example, an veteran player with ATT-cap does not have to use potions on ATT, probably would like to keep them until new dungeons with larger restrictions came up. Would be very fine for players with capped statistics which those potions are useless right now however it should be helpful in future content.
y8uPXdh.jpg
4. Greater impact of statistics than on skills - Vindictus is Too Easy! Better EQ > Skill
A short title but clearly shows what is currently happening in the game - here is no more challenge like before. The Combo system used to function once (its known that it will not come back same like jumping or XE Move), it was a bit unbalanced when characters such as Sylas, Hurk, TS Vella were much easier from this angle. However the advantage of this system, was that when you received the hit, your DMG fell down to the lack of 110-150% for maintaining this Combo. The game required a skill and the boss required dodging to make more damage. Now after “Overpowered Additional DMG Path” it really makes Vindictus no more that difficult and righteous because it's no more about you skill. Now with a good DEF and frightening influence of Additional DMG playing Vindictus goes down to the level of other standard Action MMO games. Vindictus don't deserve for being another casual MMO where Better EQ = Everything. It was always all about your skill, now sadly it’s not. Someone can just spend some real cach, sell NX or those items and get all the equipment from the market. With this case even most unskilled player can easily handle most challenges in game.
Where is this unprecedented difficulty when you needed to learn about your character's potential and improve yourself in battle? Where is that overwhelming difficulty of Vindictus? Where is hard hours-taking, heart-stopping farming instances for getting skilled? It was abandoned after RISE path as well. I still remember how my guildmates without lucky for upgrade their gear, with weapon +11 could easily beat players with 2-times better EQ in Raids - just because they was better, the effect of equipment was secondary thing.
Now the battle against boss is like: SMASH, SMASH, SMASH HARDER > Get hitted > #MercPotion > SMASH > SMASH, Get hitted Hard > Die > #GoddessGrace > REPEAT.
More defense, more DPS = Win - its sad but it’s true. There is no more fighting like before. I’m not saying that all of players playing like this but mostly it happens on S3 Raids.
Agq5BkI.jpg
However, we do not need to go back to the Combo system, just add some kind of the Debuffs on statistics overlapping when receiving damage for example: Dullness, Weakness kind of Wounds level during combat, which gradually reduce DMG and Defense depending on the Boss, individual attack, level of difficulty etc. For example: Dullness (lowers Critical for 10 sec) - easy harmful effect to put in on each Season 3 boss on Special attacks (like Titan). Trust me players would be more focused on battle and it wouldn’t be that brainless like it is now. The operation of adding that debuff it's easy to put in to the game in short time. Both for me and for many other players whose don’t have the lucky with RNGesus and Uncle Ferghus to make the whole EQ at +15, such a system would be the most fair. Trust me that many players abandoned game because of this issue. Personally I’ve made pretty good equipment (over 4300 AD) and I can see even better how great impact on overall damage has + on your weapon or armor.

With the exception of these main problems that directly affect players, I have to add a few others, albeit less significant but important enough to put them here.

- Boring and repeatable events (seriously Bingo with Avatar set for 1-Day…?)
Koreans had more difficult however with Avatar set on permanent last time and we got that… “event”. It's ridiculous.
- Fix for Spear's targeting - Spears which are thrown into other player on the boat are nailed into the same place instead of in individual parts of the body. Such a waste of funny theme.
- Fix for low-lvl armors textures - Some of Low-lvl armors have fine potential to make and Fusion but textures are really ugly, it should be reworked as well.
- Increasing restrictions for multi-accounts - a well-known situation where people achieved additional profits on their Main-character, maxed it by using multiple accounts (10x Regina Box for All, Additional Att. Limit Removal items after update etc.)
- In a counting of statistics after defeating final boss it would be fine if there would be visible more details like not only 1st rank in DPS but whole party DPS or stats for each player separated for example. It’s good thing to observe our progress, draw some conclusions and improve strategy for next battle - natural thing that stimulates healthy competition in party.
- Add Training room - combat simulation (Combat like on a boat but with an kind of opponent would be great part of training skills and calculating how effective our skills are on enemy)
- Add New Titles for low-lvl instances.
- PvP balance - to be honest… there is no PvP in Vindictus for now. This system need to be totally reworked.
+ Add Normal and PP Neam to quick battle
+ Add MP to Berbhe

After 7 years in Vindictus I state that playing now with all this inconvenience and unbalance is pointless. Me and 21 other players from my Guild (plus probably hundreds of other random players) will never come back into Vindictus if there will be such unfair DPS system, boring events, also 99% instances for only 4 players and overall hopeless content.

That’s cruel.
Such beautiful game with perfect combat system like Vindictus don’t deserve to be another casual, cooperation for 4 players Action-MMO like many others in these days.

In that case we need to do something with it. Change those things - (I enumerated main reasons that causes lack of players in Vindictus) or very soon there will be only few already bored players on whole server and this is the situation that nobody want to.

And what is your most annoying thing in today Vindcitus?
Maybe you will help us to fill the list by adding something by yourself?
It's always better to act then stay quiet.

SuccubusLunaLeucosieRaptorBugMadcobraAnthonytonyboyBabyDanibreathlyAgreeasKrukuCloakshireand 3 others.
  1. What is your sentiment about this?62 votes
    1. I agree
       87% (54 votes)
    2. I disagree
       13% (8 votes)

Comments

• LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Ortix wrote: »
    2. More profits from belonging to active guilds.

Guild Revamp is coming soon which will kill all inactive / small guilds and force players to join big active guilds if that is what you want.
    DancingStarBigAssTTsQuiJinnRaptorBugMitiashi
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Like 90% of the things you have listed are all things KR controls. The people who directly run NA/EU don't have a ton of power, as far as I know they can only control sales and some events.
    DancingStarDrachus
  • OrtixOrtix
    LynnCUBE wrote: »
    Guild Revamp is coming soon which will kill all inactive / small guilds and force players to join big active guilds if that is what you want.

Well mostly “big” Guilds are quite inactive and also number of players doesn’t always determine strength.
    Small Guild with 20 strong players ready for sacrifices, and care about rest of guildmates as well seems to be even better.
    If this revamp is just about “clean” inactive guild it’s fine but still not what WE, the players of MMORPG game would like to have.
    I think that every game and especially Vindictus should be appointed by something better then just few, poor buffs like it is for now.
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited May 21, 2018
    1. The best gear is too expensive
    2. Upgrading over +10 should be less risky
    3. Leveling up takes too long, if I have a max level other characters should level up much faster
    Anduri
  • OrtixOrtix
    Saphree wrote: »
    Like 90% of the things you have listed are all things KR controls. The people who directly run NA/EU don't have a ton of power, as far as I know they can only control sales and some events.

Then if it will be necessary I will try to speak with Koerans as well.
    Posting thread here is just first step that we are going to make.
    I will send the official petition into KR, but first try to discuss here with a spark of hope and try to think positive instead of simply write this thread off

I see that one player disagree with the changes.
    It would be nice if that person could post here the reasons based on constructive arguments, why those changes are bad and why :)
    I doubt that there is something bad in this changes... we tried to find and we couldn't :D
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

Well mostly “big” Guilds are quite inactive and also number of players doesn’t always determine strength.
    Small Guild with 20 strong players ready for sacrifices, and care about rest of guildmates as well seems to be even better.
    If this revamp is just about “clean” inactive guild it’s fine but still not what WE, the players of MMORPG game would like to have.
    I think that every game and especially Vindictus should be appointed by something better then just few, poor buffs like it is for now.

1. Small guilds with 20 strong ppl + guildmates (i suppose both online in the same moment) can't be called 'small' guild.
    Idk if you play on NA or EU server but on EU a guild with 20ppl online (atm) is already decent.

2. What's the meaning to point out << and also number of players doesn’t always determine strength >>?
    In your post you are talking about incentive players to belong to a guild with buffs or other stuff, which is correct and fair,
    but i don't see why u're highlighting the strenght side. Guilds can be weak or strongs and both enjoy the game at the same level.
    I hope you're not another elitist out there who think a guild must be fiilled with OP ppl to be worthy to exist...
    If you're not an elitist, helping guildmates won't be a 'sacrifice' but rather something u could be proud of.

I agree with the rest.
    Unfortunately , I guess, all this will just add another page to the countless topics about suggestions to improve the game, rightfully complains, etc.. which will probably (but i alwasy hope to be wrong) get regularly ignored mostly by the fact, as someone said already, the gameplay aspect is controlled and ruled by KR.
    NA only decide sales and events (and even that not fully).
    Ortix
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Too much text to read. Sorry.

If its a serious post;
    Then please add that we would need max 5-10 channels instead of 200 here in EU/NA.
    OrtixAhrieJinyieSoleanna
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018
    1. Small guilds with 20 strong ppl + guildmates (i suppose both online in the same moment) can't be called 'small' guild.
    Idk if you play on NA or EU server but on EU a guild with 20ppl online (atm) is already decent. 2. What's the meaning to point out...

I said that I’m from EU server as well.
    The guild of mine had around 20 ppls online per whole day so I don't know I can say it's “big” where I could notice massive Guild with around 100 players in total, Idk even half was active but that's not the point.
    I did not highlighted the strength side literaly, I said that in the meaning of rather activity, determination and generally motivation.
    Almost 80% of our guildmates was starting from scratch. As leaders of our Guild (“elitist” like you called that) because of years of experience and large amount of knowledge we basically would like to help them and also enjoying the game with everybody.
    One of fundamental assumption of EoG was that everyone are equal, no matters of equipment or experiance with Vindictus - that means that I don't think “guild must be fiilled with OP ppl to be worthy to exist…” no way.

So I hope that I explained you my previous comment. Now into the main topic:

In conclusion, Posting thread here on forums is just an first step.
    Large group of Vindictus players are disappointed how Vindictus looks like now on.
    Even it will change nothing, even if this thread going to be ignored, we are not going to surrender.
    Trust me, game such a Vindictus don't deserve to be another casual Action MMO as I said before.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    edited May 22, 2018
    I will only agree with your first point of view, while 2-3 are decent but 4th one is just too laughable to be taken seriously. This ADD system as well as the older one was simply created to create competitivity between players or classes, and push them to go for high end stats (aka buy enchancing/enchanting runes and while you're strong, why not go for some fashion to look good while being 1st).. Same as it was in XE, a +15 could easily be top dps (if skilled enough ofc), over a +14 for example.
    Your objections about the current state of affairs about dps system looks like a whine to me, since you're unable with a strong counter-class character to top a weaker/better in add class which facetanks the boss, so you'd like some debuffs while you're pressing shift and to get some mana (while at it no (?) ).
    Guild revamp should be soon, but those buffs that you presented, woldnt be bad at all in addition to what they will bring.
  • OrtixOrtix
    JynXi wrote: »
    Too much text to read. Sorry.

If its a serious post;
    Then please add that we would need max 5-10 channels instead of 200 here in EU/NA.

Don’t tell me that you are not going to read few sentences about game that you are interested of.
    I can’t say if you are busy or lazy but it doesn't matter.
    I can see you are pretty active in game and even if I personally don't like you to be honest, you should take that thread seriously.
    If is that so I will state it for you in short, what we are trying to achieve:
    - more 8-players Raids
    - more benefits from belonging to Guild
    - less time limited consumable exclusive items from events
    - add debuffs from getting hitted by boss (like Dullness or Weakness)
    - more difficult and various events
    - Fix for low-lvl armors textures
    - Increasing restrictions for multi-accounts
    - Add Training room
    - PvP balance.

For more details try to keep up and read the main topic.

About "Then please add that we would need max 5-10 channels instead of 200 here in EU/NA. "
    I agree If I will add it into official petition just under rest of proposed changes.
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018
    xCyclonus wrote: »
    I will only agree with your first point of view, while 2-3 are decent but 4th one is just too laughable to be taken seriously. This ADD system as well as the older one was simply created to create competitivity between players or classes, and push them to go for high end stats (aka buy enchancing/enchanting runes and while you're strong, why not go for some fashion to look good while being 1st).. Same as it was in XE, a +15 could easily be top dps (if skilled enough ofc), over a +14 for example.
    Your objections about the current state of affairs about dps system looks like a whine to me, since you're unable with a strong counter-class character to top a weaker in add class which facetanks the boss, so you'd like some debuffs while you're pressing shift and to get some mana (while at it no (?) ).
    Guild revamp should be soon, but those buffs that you presented, woldnt be bad at all in addition to what they will bring.

Older ADD system was quite weaker then now, players with weapon +11 was able to beat other with +15.
    Now sadly for someone who's not able to make even +12 weapon also armor makes around half damage (look at 4th picture in Topic).
    With 4.3k AD I can make more DMG than someone with over 5k but overall damage is quite RNG (Crit, non-knock down, cooldowns) - not kind of fight that It used to be when holding Combo gives you more DMG for being skilled.
    It's not all about ADD, there is no combo now, there is no need to dodge with good DEF, and that bad.
    For example: Chain Vella style: ColdHeart>Holding Right Mouse Button>Sleep on the keyboard
    Players with high tier gear are lazy if they knows that the hit will deal 200 dmg on their 10k hp, they will not even dodge it and it's pretty bad you must admit.

Maybe you are right: “...was simply created to create competitivity between players or classe”
    High class player with good gear should be skilled you must admit.
    That's why I'm not sayin about nerfing ADD, no no no :)
    There is another way to make battle more interesting.

Don’t you think that kind of debuffs by getting hitted by boss wouldn’t be fair?
    If you are skilled enough there is no need to worry to get that harming effect am I right?
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    edited May 22, 2018
    Maybe you are right: “...was simply created to create competitivity between players or classe”
    High class player with good gear should be skilled you must admit.
    That's why I'm not sayin about nerfing ADD, no no no :)
    There is another way to make battle more interesting.

Don’t you think that kind of debuffs by getting hitted by boss wouldn’t be fair?
    If you are skilled enough there is no need to worry to get that harming effect am I right?

Counter-class chars will benefit the most from it since it would be somewhat similar to XE combo system. So no thanks, it's hard enough with all the buffs they are getting recently (speaking from an xgun point of view).
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018
    xCyclonus wrote: »
    Counter-class chars will benefit the most from it since it would be somewhat similar to XE combo system. So no thanks, it's hard enough with all the buffs they are getting recently (speaking from an xgun point of view).

Heh so that’s your point of view. It's a pity that you are using crossbow dodge is pathetic i know.
    Ask Postii how to dodge all attacks beeing skilled Bow Kai and how to finish Ein Lacher on Bow :)
    Is even more complicated and make less DMG without good aim.
    However, I understand your state, but even if Kai have no benefits like classes with counter as a Kai with… xgun you are not close combat class as well.
    You have choosed different style: mid/high range attacks can be threat like benefit as well, even if dodge sucks.

Anyway let's finish this discussion of ours.
    You disagreed and I respect that.
    I will sign you that you agreed with first 3 points but disagree with only 4th point. It should be ok.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    edited May 22, 2018
    Finished ein lacher on xgun, tyvm for your concern.. :D Also i dont need to ask anyone about kai, made my own art and style. Join my raids someday and you'll see that yourself. GL on your attempt, but in all of those 7 years since you're playing you failed to understand that our shouts cant be heard by deaf ears (Nexon simply doesnt care, nuff said)..
  • OrtixOrtix
    I also thank you for your concern and wish you best luck in dungeons.
    As I said before; posting thread here is just first step.
    I'm glad that you are by my side and I hope that we will all going to high-five on future instances for 8 players :D
  • QuiJinnQuiJinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Thanks OrtRisa for the post. I've read everything and I do agree with the notes you made, except I don't care much about the 'Consumable Items'.
    For years I've been trying to write forum posts / tickets, asking nexon to forward it to KR.
    Nexon can't make any changes, but they are our connection to KR.. so let's hope Nexon will take it serious for once.

The game changed a lot indeed, mostly in a bad way in my opinion. Vindictus is a guilds game after all.. Devcat should focus on it!
    The 5 most important, crucial things I wish I could force them to give us:

- Combo System: Before it was the challenge to do not get hit. Now it doesn't matter anymore at all. I still need the title "Addicted to HP Potions!" because I always tried to not get hit, as it will reward me with extra dmg.
    - 8-man raid: By removing this, they smashed a hole into the game and the hearts of players. For active guilds, the 8-man raids are important. Now the raids are boring, I have to disappoint to many members that I can't take them with me as I can only take 3 with me at a time. Now we can't organize things either, the good old Malina late night train... good good times :3
    - Guild Buff: Since the moment they removed it, we complained already. Its a guilds game, when members play together, they should be rewarded! TEAM PLAY +yay
    - PvP: PvP is getting better slowly on.. but indeed still unbalanced. My guild likes to play PvP and we hope if they balance PvP more, peeps will have interests to join. Bring back Guild vs Guild!
    - Channels: Further I am very, VERY against the idea of Jynxi! In fact, they should offer more channels! Channel 1 - 3 will stay free open channels.. and rest private (buy a channel). Channel 1 will become the trading center again. While guild can have their own channel, and money for Devcat/Nexon.

Let's hope for the best @OrtRisa
    OrtixAhrieSirRFI
  • daromiroffdaromiroff
    Vindictus Rep: 380
    Revert the clash nerf (20 minutes like really?)
    DragonRiderPrototypemindLion86dazedgumballSLAMMENING420YoDezso
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    daromiroff wrote: »

+1 agree
  • OrtixOrtix
    edited May 22, 2018

+1 agree

Ok I will add it as well.
    Thanks guys.
  • CedricCedric
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    edited May 22, 2018
    Lack of content is the main reason imo why the game is so bad lately. After rise almost 80% of game dungeons has been nerfed/killed.
    Almost one year already and the only worthy/challenging thing to do in the game (except neamhain ofc) are those 7-8 raids from s3 ... everything else isnt worth or enjoyable/challenging anymore. Donegal is a total crap if you ask me, lifeless, boring, repetitive and if those arent enought to cut your mood for farming the cancer drop rates will do it. ( ben chenner was way better imo)

Well there is also the 8ppl party that is gone now and the fact that guild become a simple chat box and nothing much anymore.

- more 8-players Raids - agree
    - more benefits from belonging to Guild - agree
    - less time limited consumable exclusive items from events - agree
    - add debuffs from getting hitted by boss (like Dullness or Weakness) - wont be my first choice but a bit more challenge wont hurt (19k+ def and u can tank almost anything nowdays kinda crap yeah)

- more difficult and various events - agree for various
    - Fix for low-lvl armors textures - agree why not.. but other things could have priority
    - Increasing restrictions for multi-accounts - i dont care much tbh
    - Add Training room - idk
    - PvP balance. - (i dont do pvp) but agree why not, maybe a rework for a better pvp system per total
    Quinque