[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

If they're doing it, why not Vindi?

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited May 16, 2018 in General Discussion
If BnS is upgrading their engine from UE3 to UE4, why can't Vindi upgrade their engine to Source 2? Both games are almost the same age.

RaptorBug

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    we can dream though :(. It would fix so many issues we have with modern pc builds.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    They do have significantly more players than Vindictus and that much more money to use. Looks cool though, I'm only hoping Vindi doesn't die later on let alone improve
    RaptorBug
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    Jinyie wrote: »
    They do have significantly more players than Vindictus and that much more money to use. Looks cool though, I'm only hoping Vindi doesn't die later on let alone improve

Bns treats their players with respect and actually know how to balance their game better
    RaptorBugDrachus
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    Because even after the upgrade Vindi looks better than BnS.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Wish for upgrade instead we get a remix of the first area dungeon where no sane player will visit more than once. Instead of changing the difficulty and raid dynamics, they should have figure out better ways to have better servers and update engine. SEE THIS NEXON/DEV CAT , UPGRADING THE ENGINE WOULD BRING A LOT OF NEW PLAYERS NOT DUMBING THINGS DOWN SO PLAYERS CAN RUSH IT! BE BETTER
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Wish for upgrade instead we get a remix of the first area dungeon where no sane player will visit more than once. Instead of changing the difficulty and raid dynamics, they should have figure out better ways to have better servers and update engine. SEE THIS NEXON/DEV CAT , UPGRADING THE ENGINE WOULD BRING A LOT OF NEW PLAYERS NOT DUMBING THINGS DOWN SO PLAYERS CAN RUSH IT! BE BETTER

It's hard to say if it would bring new players. For such a niche game and small population as vindi it doesn't make sense to pour hundreds of man hours on a project that isn't guaranteed to make them money. I'm surprised they even redid perilous because functionally people only see it for the first like 30mins of playtime. This game doesn't even get advertising so no one would even know if they did such an upgrade.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    boo4u wrote: »
    Jinyie wrote: »

Bns treats their players with respect and actually know how to balance their game better

BnS is dead game and full of weebos

Yeah but the similarities between Vindictus and BnS end there.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If you haven't been following, Nexon's major focus for PC here is MapleStory 2. Not a fan of the company anymore, but it's probably going to be a huge hit for them. Aside from that their big push is their more recent titles on PC, and the roll out of more mobile games. They actually have two different mobile action combat titles that they're quietly pushing right now, and seem to like the minimal effort they have to put in for pretty good returns. Vindi/Mabi Heroes only has one season left, so I doubt they'd ever expend the resources needed for an engine update. Keep in mind that Nexon also just had a round of layoffs, so they aren't going to put money towards a title that's meh for them even in KR. Mabi Heroes has been out of the Top 50 there for quite a bit AFAIK. They're releasing Atellia, Mabi Mobile, and a few other titles, but no mention of Mabi Heroes anywhere.

TLDR; Vindi doesn't bring in all that much either here or in KR. Maple Story, MS2, Mabinogi Mobile, Dungeon & Fighter in China, AxE, and other games are a priority.

http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/axM2/oYEi/jPQz.pdf

You can look at the latest financials there and google if you want more in-depth info.

http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/ -Nexon's major growth contributor for the NA region. Is it any surprise community interaction here has gone to zero? Vindi is on life support so they're milking it while they can since the whales just can't say no.
    CuraiHotaru
  • SomeguywashereSomeguywashere
    Vindictus Rep: 1,205
    edited May 18, 2018
    If you haven't been following, Nexon's major focus for PC here is MapleStory 2. Not a fan of the company anymore, but it's probably going to be a huge hit for them. Aside from that their big push is their more recent titles on PC, and the roll out of more mobile games. They actually have two different mobile action combat titles that they're quietly pushing right now, and seem to like the minimal effort they have to put in for pretty good returns. Vindi/Mabi Heroes only has one season left, so I doubt they'd ever expend the resources needed for an engine update. Keep in mind that Nexon also just had a round of layoffs, so they aren't going to put money towards a title that's meh for them even in KR. Mabi Heroes has been out of the Top 50 there for quite a bit AFAIK. They're releasing Atellia, Mabi Mobile, and a few other titles, but no mention of Mabi Heroes anywhere.

TLDR; Vindi doesn't bring in all that much either here or in KR. Maple Story, MS2, Mabinogi Mobile, Dungeon & Fighter in China, AxE, and other games are a priority.

http://pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/axM2/oYEi/jPQz.pdf

You can look at the latest financials there and google if you want more in-depth info.

http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/ -Nexon's major growth contributor for the NA region. Is it any surprise community interaction here has gone to zero? Vindi is on life support so they're milking it while they can since the whales just can't say no.

Nexon realized games like black desert online is their superior despite releasing crappy patches recently and lacking in pve. It's only a matter of time before vindictus dies out ent irely.

Mabinogi also faces the same issue. Our game is outdated . Peria Chronicles feels more polished and up to date Mabinogi. Mobile games are popular and easy to run.One can guess how that will end..
  • VallarieVallarie
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    There really isn't another game like Vindictus out there. This game has some of the most skill-based boss battles in the industry, a paradigm for any company to follow. Ironically I can faceroll bosses on their mobile game Heroes of Incredible Tales. Frankly I love Nexon and their style. It brings life-like animation, gorgeous graphics, and fan service, and mixes it with a medieval type setting to give the game a unique immersion breaking effect that's very favorable. To elaborate, who wouldn't want to travel back in time and show people in the 15th century what an AR-15 is. "Oh you got a shiny sword? B!tch check this $hit out!" RA-TA-TA-TA-TA. It truly mixes two genres that when combine bring out a whole new fantasy world to life.

I remember when Vindictus came out, it was just breath taking. The ability to push objects, grab an NPC and run their face across a wall, or crack their back like Dwayne Johnson during his WWF years. As dated as Vindictus is, I still get a sense of euphoria when I perform these moves, but unfortunately using a straight forward weapon just does more damage. Frankly I think this is a brilliant idea: why don't we scale the damage with the weapons? So that if you have a strong weapon, a grab effect will do severely more damage. Further, if you smash an opponent with an object and wield a powerful weapon, same effect plus more damage, so it becomes favorable. Basically more damage to compensate for the slower combat.

I'd lie if I said I didn't google if there was Vindictus 2 coming out or a game like it, but the truth is, there isn't one, and unfortunately there really isn't a game like this out there. Vindictus is unique, it's special, it's beautiful, it has fan service and fantasy, it has action and adventure, it's a game that stands alone on top of a mountain, defeating any copy cat out there.

Something that bugs me though, I just can't imagine why people would not welcome Vindictus 2. If you merge BDO with Vindictus, you'd truly have, what they call a "wow killer" in the industry.
    BabyDaniDrachusSomeguywashere
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Vallarie wrote: »
    Something that bugs me though, I just can't imagine why people would not welcome Vindictus 2. If you merge BDO with Vindictus, you'd truly have, what they call a "wow killer" in the industry.

BDO with meaningful PvE and minus the current wood chopping endgame is certainly something I'd play.

Though tbh as it stands I'd rather play Vindi - at least it has interesting things to fight instead of a good combat system wasted on endless trash grind, unplayable sieges, and PvP otherwise plagued by desync that hasn't been properly addressed since the dawn of the game.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited May 18, 2018
    With Maplestory getting a Maplestory 2, I would love to see Vindictus get a Vindictus 2. Vindictus 2 story wise could take place few years after the events of Season 4; heard that Season 4 was the final season for Vindi.

If the playerbase petitioned to Nexon Korea for a sequel, I bet it could happen. Tbh, Vindi deserves a sequel.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    You mention petitioning them to do x or y, but players have been doing that for some time now to no avail. When +20 was announced, the ridiculous boost to add damage, single destruction chance and done, 4-man only, no ability to kick from boats when you want a set group for quick battle, and so many of the things that came with Rise people said they didn't want it. Players then used the new features on the test server and said again that they didn't want it. All of their feedback was ignored. Player feedback about the Lann, Karok, and Fiona changes was ignored. Vindictus is run by the whim of the director now, and what players ask for no longer matters.

If Vindi 2 launches it will just be more of the same, and we likely won't see the good fixes like the better version of the Seal Shop that was able to be implemented by NA/EU first. Would I play Vindi 2? Yes. Would I ever spend a dollar on it? No. Even in KR Mabi Heroes is out of the Top 50 because of the choices that have been made. It's not profitable like it was, and the director keeps doubling down on bad decisions. Looking at financial data from it, I can't image Nexon green lighting a second iteration of a title that's completely gone to crap, especially when they have so many others that are either ridiculously easy to maintain like mobile titles or that are still hugely successful and carrying that wave into the next launch like MapleStory into MapleStory 2.

It's certainly not impossible that we'll see Vindi 2, I just doubt it. I really doubt that what we want will be heard either way. NA/EU made up 56% of BDO's revenue last year, but the devs/publisher still lie to and ignore the western players. They even went so far as to have a summit, the feedback from which they ignored in its entirety. KR teams just don't seem to give a care as to what western players want no matter how much cash they put into the games. Sadder still is that western players keep spending no matter what, so why would they ever listen to us?

Back to the original topic, there's no way they do an engine update with a single season remaining.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    They would be probably rewriting the game entirely onto new engine, but then - this afford could as well go onto new project, than an old one, where they are bound to many things and decisions of the past.
    Drachus
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited May 21, 2018
    I would like a Vindictus 2, but due to spending so much time on one, it will be hard to leave a main character (Especially the outfitters) . The ability to send out own characters to the new universe might destroy the game balance. Also Nexon will probably milk us again for the outfitters we have got and wish to get again. I am kinda attached to one of my outfitters and knowing some whales who spent hundreds for theirs.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Atleast it seems they have some new guys telling us about updates and such.