[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How can a high end pc not run this crap

OceanStarOceanStar
in General Discussion
i mean really my computer can run most games on high and ultra but god forbid I try to play this game and I'm getting under 25 fps and lag so bad I cant get 5 steps with out it stoping and taking a while to get going wtf is this game just that fking badly optimized

Comments

• JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Vindictus was released in 2010
  • LeGiLeGi
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    idk for me the game is running smooth on max settings and my pc isnt high end anymore~
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Can be 1 of 2 (or more) issues:
    1. You have more graphic cards and the worse one is set to be used with vindi
    2. You have a slow single thread processing. If you check forum for similar questions there are many posts like yours.

I have quad core with 2.3GHz and the game runs between 15-30fps in solo (that's why I don't bother playing much lately). It used to be 40-55 in 8-man battles before.... So I agree with you when you say it's badly optimized. Some ppl overclock to have 60fps vindi >.<
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    OceanStar wrote: »
    i mean really my computer can run most games on high and ultra but god forbid I try to play this game and I'm getting under 25 fps and lag so bad I cant get 5 steps with out it stoping and taking a while to get going wtf is this game just that fking badly optimized

Define "high end pc."
    Jinyie
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    My rig was "high end" in 2012 and it still performs significantly better than your's. Besides, the game doesn't utilize modern technology and is dragged back by several things.
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited May 14, 2018
    zXFkxWx.png ya'll have problems i can run the game fine on high with 40-58 FPS, However it also depends on how your optimizing the graphics, if you're just dragging the bar upto ultra then Yeah you're gonna lag,

Ld3vwQ0.jpg do it like that and you shouldn't have any problems, anless my internet is bad or the host is lagging i don't encounter any problems
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I can run it at 60 fps with everything on high, windowed 1600x900 and with nvidia ambient occlusion enabled.
    CPU Intel i7 7700
    Graphic card nvidia gtx 1060
    This game uses a lot of single core, and it works better with intel than with amd. i7 7700 has a great singlecore performance. I think my gtx is redundant because I can get very high fps with the integrated graphic card... so yeah its just singlecore what really matters here.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    This game uses a lot of single core, and it works better with intel than with amd

I would say that since the game is capped at 60fps, intel isn't necessarily better than AMD in all cases, especially with Ryzen. If there wasn't a cap and the processors were allowed to stretch their legs, then Intel would definitely have an edge.

Just recently put together a new amd system sporting a Ryzen 2700X paired with a 1070 TI. The game runs at 60fps for me with everything on high even when I host.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Cuz ol engine and 2lazy to fix
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    This game uses a lot of single core, and it works better with intel than with amd

I would say that since the game is capped at 60fps, intel isn't necessarily better than AMD in all cases, especially with Ryzen. If there wasn't a cap and the processors were allowed to stretch their legs, then Intel would definitely have an edge.

Just recently put together a new amd system sporting a Ryzen 2700X paired with a 1070 TI. The game runs at 60fps for me with everything on high even when I host.

I can tell you it doesn't matter. I have a pretty good system and I have no problems running this game at good fps. never really dipping below 45fps in dungeons or raids. I can tell you is gameplay is WAY smoother.
    Ryzen 5 1600x (w/ wraith spire cooler)
    Evga Gtx 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition
    16gb ram (running @ 3200mhz)- this actually matters for Ryzen.

If you're having problems with fps even with slighty older stuff even an fx-8350 ran this game well enough. Some raids etc just suck worse than others unless you're running like a Pentium overclocked. Check around and look at some other forum post. There's a lot of ways to increase performance for Vindictus.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I run an FX-8350 at 4.2 GHz OC with 4GB DDR3-1866 RAM @ 1933 OC with a GTX 460 1GB VRAM off a 256GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD... and I barely get any lag.
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Vindictus needs at least 4+ghz cpu and a mid range graphics card to run max settings and host with 1.5-2 mbps upload speed to host well. Also, i feel like most people whining about lag, connectivity issues and whatnot are probably playing with potato devices not meant for gaming. unaware of their internet speeds/household internet speed traffic and connections and ping. because in all the years i spent playing vindi since 2010 i have had no issues. if you think about it...vindictus is the only game out there with this kind of real time combat and great realistic graphics. to my understanding this requires a lot of resources and cpu calculations. furthermore, why haven't other game developers make a game like this with amazing graphics with all the newer game engines and new tech we have today? my guess is that they know it is too resource demanding and they know not everyone can afford or have a decent gaming computer. popular games today have good multiplayer but with toony graphics that arent really realistic OR have amazing graphics but limited to single player or few player interactions. cant have both..
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited May 24, 2018
    Abaddan wrote: »
    Cloakshire wrote: »

I can tell you it doesn't matter. I have a pretty good system and I have no problems running this game at good fps. never really dipping below 45fps in dungeons or raids. I can tell you is gameplay is WAY smoother.
    Ryzen 5 1600x (w/ wraith spire cooler)
    Evga Gtx 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition
    16gb ram (running @ 3200mhz)- this actually matters for Ryzen.

If you're having problems with fps even with slighty older stuff even an fx-8350 ran this game well enough. Some raids etc just suck worse than others unless you're running like a Pentium overclocked. Check around and look at some other forum post. There's a lot of ways to increase performance for Vindictus.

Are you sure you replied to the right person? I think your reply was for Nokaubure, not me.
  • DancingStarDancingStar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    Talking alone, the OP isn't even reading/replying since long.