[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hammer attack speed sweet spot?

AnastaAnasta
Vindictus Rep: 300
in Fiona
Some classes have attack speed sweet spot afaik, like Kai.

Does Hammer have it? I came back 3 weeks ago after a long break. So it was before hammer got a slight attack speed buff.

My normal gear is 80 BAL, 62 Att spd

I just tried with 80 Att spd, it is really fun but of course my BAL got nuked.

I can't tell the different between 62 and 70 att spd, but 70 vs 80 for sure I can tell.

The question is that, is there a sweet spot between 70 to 80? I would like to keep some BAL if possible.

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I don't know what people mean by "sweet spots" but speed changes become noticeable after you upgrade 8~10 speed usually.

Having 62 speed and saying theres a sweetspot at 65 won't change a thing because 3 speed won't make you notice anything different.Attack speed increases are linear after all
  • AnastaAnasta
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I don't know what people mean by "sweet spots" but speed changes become noticeable after you upgrade 8~10 speed usually.

Having 62 speed and saying theres a sweetspot at 65 won't change a thing because 3 speed won't make you notice anything different.Attack speed increases are linear after all

Correct, if the formula still up to date then 2 att spd = 1% increase of att spd compare to basic attack speed. 0 att spd = 100%, 50 attack spd = 125%

Usually 8-10 upgrade is noticeable, true, But I can't tell from 60 vs 70 at all. I can tell 40 - 50, 50 - 60, not 60-70 for some reason. 70 - 80 I can tell the different again

That's why I am asking is there a 'sweet spot' between 70 -80. Let's say if 75 and 80 plays the same I can run one less Fast.

There really isn't a target dummy in game I can test on, swing at air isn't the same as hitting an enemy because for hit delay.
  • MylewMylew
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    I'd say 80, but with the upcoming hit delay self-buff you could pass with lower.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    50 speed hammer is good to go already, I didn't feel much difference from 60~80.. That is pre balnacing

now you should aim for as high as possible since the hit delay is reduced by a great lot
  • SpazKatSpazKat
    Vindictus Rep: 2,080
    Anyone actually know the soft caps? I'm at 94 spd and would like to know if I'm close to a soft cap i.e. 100 or if I should sacrifice some speed to gain crit since I'm using a 90 hammer and probably need speed over crit.
  • AmenariAmenari
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    SpazKat wrote: »
    Anyone actually know the soft caps? I'm at 94 spd and would like to know if I'm close to a soft cap i.e. 100 or if I should sacrifice some speed to gain crit since I'm using a 90 hammer and probably need speed over crit.
    U can check it yourself. Go Elchulus. Take speed buf (+ paw artifact). And you'll see that limit still far away
  • SpazKatSpazKat
    Was more so wondering specific numbers. i.e. crit cap etc.
  • AmenariAmenari
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    edited May 11, 2018

soft Crit Cap = Boss resist+50. More info here or here (Shippuu)
  • SpazKatSpazKat
    Amenari wrote: »

soft Crit Cap = Boss resist+50. More info here or here (Shippuu)

wasn't asking for crit cap. was an example ._.