[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should RNG be Removed from enhancement?

natraznatraz
Vindictus Rep: 590
edited November 17, 2016 in General Discussion
I dont understand why you dont go ahead and just remove the rng from enhancement i mean you have all ready made so simple to get the other rng items from maps from seal shop that it has pretty much killed the market. You could leave the rng in the maps like it has always been but enough is enough with enhancement its time to let us have a +15 armor and weapon whats there to loose. By doing this i think it would also bring back alot of players that have quit over this problem, gold is hard enough to come by since you put most rares in seal shop for instance most item are under half the price that they used to be even the scrolls are cheap once your new map comes out for scrolls there going to be dirt cheap so please we are begging you to remove the RNG from enhancement so we can get +15 for once to enjoy the game.
AndromedaGM
  1. what do you guys think?72 votes
    1. Should RNG be removed from enhancement?
       21% (15 votes)
    2. Should RNG be removed from enchantment and enhancement?
       29% (21 votes)
    3. Should it just stay the same and suffer?
       50% (36 votes)

Comments

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited November 17, 2016
    The game is already too easy to gear up, making it easier will give even less reason to log in as there will be nothing to work towards.

Also, I suspect that much of the joy you think you'd have by acquiring a +15 would be lost if it was simply the new standard. Power creep is over the top in the game as is.
    natrazTheGreatCreidneBloodAngelMochiSweet
  • natraznatraz
    Vindictus Rep: 590
    edited November 17, 2016
    its not that i dont enjoy it i love more then most been dedicated player for 6 years and got one +15 but the gold is hard to come by to keep wasting it on a pointless reason when all they do is boom and making it easier would bring a lot more back not less then they would have a reason to own the game aint like we got to solo most of it anyways. also no reason to be rude either its not like the game is dead all ready and from what i heard 2018 might be the end of vindy.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    RNG should be replaced with skill level :'3 that way everyone would have +8 70's and I a +15 90 >:3

(jk, kinda +wink)
    natraz6starplayer
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited November 17, 2016
    If RNG is ever removed from enhancing and enchanting people will build fully capped builds overnight.
    That is how much money and resources people have saved.

I mean, what else is left to declare as a personal goal? Ein Lacher?

I get that gearing is disheartening. I support removing RNG from enhancing up to +10 and enchanting up to r9 scrolls. That would give people hope.
    I think the enhancing thing is on the way?
    Yuria100
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited November 17, 2016
    10s/11s/12s are already easy to make and you can cap S3 with those. Why would you want everything handed to you? If your definition of enjoyment is +15, then I think its time to look for a different game. You could make one if you keep enhancing with the now-free and dirt cheap weapons if you want it that badly. Armor and weapons are practically free now. ES will be free again with the upcoming event as well.

You would save a lot of money if you used AP alts to enhance and double boom the low-enhanced items for mats back, while sending the higher enhanced weapons to your main to enhance.
    Aqua22TheGreatCreidneBlawrgh
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    You won't be dealing with RNG at all if you farm all the golds on your own.

Gambling is tempting, but most of time you won't get what you want the most.
    TheGreatCreidne
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    I'd much rather remove enhancement entirely from the game. Replace it with a sort of awakening/Evolving system for weapons and armor.

For example after crafting your weapon you can feed it more rare drops to boost its stats. This will always be 100% success just requires some mats and gold. (Increasing amounts as you go on)

Maybe we could even have certain rares that boost specific stats like att speed bal ect. With that you can build your weapon to better suit YOU and YOUR needs.

And hell why not even add hidden abilities that unlock after x amount of kills. The ability that unlocks will be random and cant be changed. That will add even more character diversity into the game.

Buut nah, that would make this game too good . Can't have that . Guess we're stuck with this soul crushing system instead...
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    Naw, they can't change it now. That would be like admitting they were in error all along. The rng captain deserves to go down with the ship anyways.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Remove, I think player parity is a good thing. Having one player blessed with a +15 on the first few tries and another eternally stuck on +10 based completely on luck is silly.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    I'd be happy to have a very resource inefficient alternative to gambling with rng. For example, feed fergus 100x as many stones/fees; and he'll give you a gauranteed successful enhance.
    BreadmanPixelPantsujjXBloodAngelTaurusm
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Or make +15s less OP, DOL tried it already and he got flamed anyway.
    Breadman
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Hally
    Hally said:

I'd be happy to have a very resource inefficient alternative to gambling with rng. For example, feed fergus 100x as many stones/fees; and he'll give you a gauranteed successful enhance.
    This. They could even make stones BOP so people would actually need to farm them.
    PixelPantsu
  • CatAngelCatAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 2,395
    I think the percentage should increase. Instead of 40% chance of success at 100br. It should be 60% chance of success at 100br.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Gewellirious

Or make +15s less OP, DOL tried it already and he got flamed anyway.
    I'd love to see this happen TBH.
    I think they should make the chances for making 15s easier but nerf them all at the same time.

And DOL was flamed because he posted a wrong formula right? Additionally his solution was pretty shaky and punished other classes more than others.
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    Your basically told Byrnn and Fergy to go bankrupt
    KuaidianAqua22
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Realistically speaking, the rng isn't really what scares people. In fact, getting a 33% or 40% to work actually feels nice.
    The repercussions of failing is what makes people feel really bad. If THAT should be changed to something else, it would be nice.

I remember a long time ago, for vindictus 5th anniversary, we've gotten a temporary +15 armageddon weapon that would last for 24 hours. We should get more of those experimental-type of weapons, like maybe once every 3 months or so. That would be enjoyable for most people (briefly) so they can experience what a +15 feels like and after that, back to normal.
    Taking RNG out of the game makes it easier and less pay-to-win which isn't good for business.
    Aqua22FireEgl
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I would just be very happy if they made it so you could just keep booming weapons indefinitely. Recovering a +14 -> +15 attempt would still takes weeks to farm +30k AP so it isn't like everyone would suddenly have +15s instantly. The current method just stinks.
    FireEglYaMo
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    It isn't rng that gives players incentive to quit, its item destruction. Weeks of play time gone in an instant. It has no place in a game like this so why is it there at all? Money. Toss some 'runes' in the c-shop and boom! Illegal gambling for kids and no one cares (yet).

Old iRO had a very similar enhance system and it also had item destruction, except in iRO you could walk out of the shop and buy a replacement weapon for dirt cheap from another player's stall and try again. In this game, your weapon breaks and you either better have 100m sitting around or start farming seals for a month. Day>Month. Vindictus' enhance system benefits no one but Nexon's majority share holder. To be blunt... it's probably the scummiest f2p practice out there at least that I've seen.

The consequences for failure could easily just be a going backwards 1 +. Paradise Stones were over 300k each yesterday and you need how many to make a +15? Rates could easily be adjusted or the materials increased (unnecessary imho)... but that would close the door on that gambling for kids thing mentioned earlier. The sad truth is it's probably going to stay like this till everyone quits and they shut the servers down. $_$
    BloodAngel
  • BreadmanBreadman
    edited November 18, 2016
    Kuaidian
    Kuaidian said:

Realistically speaking, the rng isn't really what scares people. In fact, getting a 33% or 40% to work actually feels nice.
    The repercussions of failing is what makes people feel really bad. If THAT should be changed to something else, it would be nice.

I remember a long time ago, for vindictus 5th anniversary, we've gotten a temporary +15 armageddon weapon that would last for 24 hours. We should get more of those experimental-type of weapons, like maybe once every 3 months or so. That would be enjoyable for most people (briefly) so they can experience what a +15 feels like and after that, back to normal.
    Taking RNG out of the game makes it easier and less pay-to-win which isn't good for business.
    AFAIK, they did make rentable +15 stuff in KR.
    ... but it was for ranking PVP sooooo :^)
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Yeah, I think it'd be a good idea if up to +10 you could simply feed in some materials to get yourself a guaranteed enhance. I.E. Throw some Lakoria Fangs into your lvl 80 weapon to bump it up a level.

As for 10-15, if the high enhances remain as unbalanced as they currently are, this same system can't apply. Hell, if it weren't for the fact a bunch of people already have their +15's, I would say just make +10 the max, and then add some sort of "weapon awakening" system where you could engage in various tasks/quests/whatever to slightly increase its stats (so you can still potentially increase your speed, but not have your weapon destroyed).