[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So I've decided to make a walkthrough....

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited May 3, 2018 in General Discussion
I've always wanted to make a level 1 - 95 walk-through for Vindictus. What I'm going to do is record myself from the humble beginnings of a level 1 character to which I have no experience with and bring them to 95. This will be an episodic series determined by area. Episode 1 will be Perilous Ruins, episode 2 will be Horfrost Hollow, and so on. I'll be providing useful commentary along the way explaining general things, and give tips on what new players can do to get the most out of their leveling experience.

This series will serve a secondary function. Once it's complete, a tl:dr one stop shop for all the useful pointers/tips will be made using footage gathered from each episode. I will of course be dubbing over the original recording to better refine explanations. I'd expect this all in one video would be ~10 to 15min in length.

This is going to be a summer project for me which will begin once I have my new PC built. The only thing I'm unsure of is which character I want to start with. I've played Lann, Kai, Hurk, Vella, and Sylas so they're out of the running. I'm going to let the community decide what character I do this with. Also, I know that there's no way I can know everything so if there's a tip/pointer that you want included, please say so.
  1. What character will I use for this series?27 votes
    1. Fiona
       19% (5 votes)
    2. Evie
       22% (6 votes)
    3. Karok
       19% (5 votes)
    4. Lynn
       7% (2 votes)
    5. Arisha
       15% (4 votes)
    6. Delia
       11% (3 votes)
    7. Miri
       7% (2 votes)

Comments

• GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    My vote goes to Arisha, and Sylas as the second choice since his second weapon is coming also, so everyone will have a thing to hype about.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited May 3, 2018
    Feel free to glean ideas from here:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/3552/leveling-up-in-2017-levels-1-60

All sorts of interesting metrics you can track. Seems leveling up the average character makes about 6 - 10M gold.

I would think a level up guide on Miri would be the least interesting. She can breeze through the content so her guide would be less comparable to any other character.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited May 3, 2018
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Feel free to glean ideas from here:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/3552/leveling-up-in-2017-levels-1-60

All sorts of interesting metrics you can track. Seems leveling up the average character makes about 6 - 10M gold.

I would think a level up guide on Miri would be the least interesting. She can breeze through the content so her guide would be less comparable to any other character.

It wasn't so much going to be a character specific guide but rather a general info guide. Going over things that new players need to look out for regardless of character. I just want to let the community pick from a list of characters that I have no experience with so it'll be as close to a new player experience as I can get.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Do you plan on doing sub-stories as well, rather than just rush main story?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    This is going to be huge waste of your time considering super small playerbase as well as negligible influx of new players.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited May 4, 2018
    This is going to be huge waste of your time considering super small playerbase as well as negligible influx of new players.

Maybe so, but making videos is a fun side hobby and this'll keep me occupied for a while. I'm aware that we don't have many new players, but if at least one person finds this useful, it's worth it imo.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Do you plan on doing sub-stories as well, rather than just rush main story?

Probably just main rushing the story first, but side quests can be revisited. If there's any noteworthy side quests like unlocking Ein Lacher, etc, lemme know so I can be sure to include them.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Bias opinion, Evie! Her staff or scythe play is varied, also she is cute and easy to gear if stuck. also lann are boring who want to watch a lawnmower? JK
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I'd recommend Delia, Arisha, or Miri for something like this.

If you're just focusing on getting through to endgame and teaching people system stuff and what's worth investing into it doesn't matter that much, but if you want to teach people how to deal with boss patterns at all, you should be playing a character that uses both an invulnerablity frame dodge and a block ability so the knowledge applies to any character on the roster that a viewer might pick up. Playing a character that iframes or avoids most things is wildly different from playing a blocking character that can ignore certain multihit patterns after one block but needs to learn how to/what needs to be perfect blocked.

Good luck if you do go through with it, I wanted to be a content creator for this game too but by the time I got the setup for it I kinda lost interest, haha.
    kls9
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited May 16, 2018
    Okay, so the new PC is finally built. Did some testing and whoa mama this thing runs Vin beautifully on high even when I host. Looking at the vote, let's see if we can get some more votes and break the tie at least.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Already voted Arisha, but it looks like it's between Evie and Fifi. If I had to vote again I'd like to see an Evie guide.