[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[WARNING] Gold dog colour is different (pics)

kosckosc
Vindictus Rep: 1,670
edited April 29, 2018 in General Discussion
Beaware the gold dog from No Bad Dogs event is different in colour compared to the KR server's gold dog. The event page shows KR server gold dog colour.
Edit3: After reading comments, I've been collecting data and apparently only recent Nvidia graphics cards show a true golden dog.
Tested graphics cards showing LEFT(gold) image: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
showing RIGHT(bronze) image: AMD RX 480, AMD R9 380, ATI Radeon HD 4850, ATI Radeon HD 5770, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
Would be nice to know if other people with Nvidia GeForce graphics cards older than GTX 700 series also see Bronze dog instead of golden one.

Gold dog from KR server: Nvidia:
KN38m44.png

Gold dog from NA server: AMD:
F91Ahsv.png
P3uAHA5.png

Gold dog from event description page:
NbYLaR0.jpg

Edit: Went to same location to see if it was lighting issue but it still looks different
05OLhzy.png

Edit2: I just realized all dogs are slightly different for us
3zKmDMM.jpg
Anthonytonyboy
  1. What graphics card do you mainly use to play vindictus?24 votes
    1. AMD
       25% (6 votes)
    2. Nvidia
       75% (18 votes)

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    You sure it's not your graphic settings messing up the reflections on gold doggo?
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Are you using AMD graphics by any chance?
  • DinahDinah
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    Someone sent me a picture of their pet doggo. It doesn't look that bad, but not as shiny as KR tho :*
    JgJX5NH.jpg
  • kosckosc
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    Ok, so I checked on my other computer which has Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti and it looks like the LEFT side.
    The right side images were captured on another computer with AMD RX480.

The strange thing is another old computer with Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 shows colours closer to the RIGHT side images.
    All three are running at the same in game graphics settings.

Can someone with a different AMD card take a picture of their gold dog for comparison?
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    There shouldn't be any difference in the resulting colors between the two graphics cards on hardware level.

DevCat does it on purpose. Either their shader code is screwed up or they promote Nvidia cards and some code parts are excluded from running on AMD cards, because a lot of other things including skill effects also look pale on AMD cards while technically they should look the same.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    Yeah I first noticed my pure blue was fugly on AMD graphics haha.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 30, 2018
    lol yeah, u most likely get the intended look using Nvidia GPU's instead of AMD's, there was a little upset about how sheer cloth looked between the two graphics cards

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10783/quick-survey-which-one-matches-you

xd mfw i had amd forever, then switched to nvida and never looked back