[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dog Event - OMO!!! Just ranting

LeadtLeadt
Vindictus Rep: 110
in General Discussion
OMO I was so excited to see the Dog event BUT THEN...I realized that I wasn't even CLOSE to Season 3 as I'm still a new player!! T_T I even couldn't complete the new Lynn event!! Sigh. Why do you do this Nexon? T_T... Short events that require so much time T_T...I really like this game but UGH...can I not do it if I'm not a dedicated played? I've got other life outside of this okay?

Please.....Do this Dog event again.....Next year!..
Mokuton

Comments

• KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,275
    with a little dedication you can easily make it to lvl 90-95 within a few hours then you can farm for the dog food ^^
  • SeranaSerana
    Vindictus Rep: 615
    with a little dedication you can easily make it to lvl 90-95 within a few hours then you can farm for the dog food ^^

and by a few hours u mean...?
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    The fact that you're using OMO instead of OWO makes everything you said have no value
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    getting to lv90 takes 3-4 days

the event ends in late may ......
  • DarkOptimistDarkOptimist
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    I was going to ignore the event as well, but then I discovered that if you press "N" and look at the Season 3 Battle list, Rocheste by Sea(Muir) at level 75 qualifies. The best part is that you don't have to reach Muir in the story to unlock it, just get to level 75 and you can do it. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to run Muir 5 times.

It also goes faster if you have a character with a move that has long i-frames as you can use it to skip the mini-game. I personally prefer TS Vella as you can spam Wind Rider to get the 3 bars of SP needed for Gale Cutter. Fiona can also get enough SP for Shield Charge fairly quickly.

Also, I leveled a Lynn during the Lynn in a Box event and it took about 11-12 hours to go from level 1-95 with the boosts and the VIP bonus from the AP Shop at level 30. Just do main story until level 70 and then spam s2 raids mainly. I'm definitely not a new player though.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited April 28, 2018
    I was going to ignore the event as well, but then I discovered that if you press "N" and look at the Season 3 Battle list, Rocheste by Sea(Muir) at level 75 qualifies. The best part is that you don't have to reach Muir in the story to unlock it, just get to level 75 and you can do it. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to run Muir 5 times

Traces of Battle takes 30 seconds and qualifies for the event. No need to waste 10+ minutes per Muir run.
  • DarkOptimistDarkOptimist
    Vindictus Rep: 470
    Traces of Battle takes 30 seconds and qualifies for the event. No need to waste 10+ minutes per Muir run.

Yes, but OP mentioned they were having trouble reaching Season 3 and Traces of Battles is only unlocked during the s3 prologue(IIRC) of the main story.
    Muir can be done at level 75 without doing any prerequisite story quests. Muir also awards gold, AP, a ton more exp, as well as better drops. Unless you're incredibly strapped for time, it's definitely more worthwhile to do Muir.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    I grinded like 6 characters from 1 to 95 in a week and a half, it's not too hard to get there for it, just stick to story
  • KaguraHimikoKaguraHimiko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,275
    Serana wrote: »

and by a few hours u mean...?

by exactly what I mean. I got my lvl 10 Sylas to 95 within what 5-6 hours? it really isnt that difficult
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited May 6, 2018
    by exactly what I mean. I got my lvl 10 Sylas to 95 within what 5-6 hours? it really isnt that difficult

Was that with vip + old 150% xp event things + being carried? Because the fastest way I know of is story from 0-lv 70 and then running old "s2 raids". (Most of S1 has to be done before I hit lv 70.)

If you don't have the 150% I know even running old S2 raids with a good carry from lv 70 -lv 95 tends to take 5+ hrs just due to all the loading/f12/cutscenes/etc and you need 2 days to do it since running the ~10 bosses 5x still isn't enough xp to get you there. (I don't bother with the train since he has to move twice usually)

If you just run the story it is even longer... Especially if you read it, and oddly you get those spots where you still have to run all over the place for no particular reason instead of doing the quick chat option.