[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How to fix the dc problem

KoeniginYuKoeniginYu
Vindictus Rep: 750
edited April 24, 2018 in General Discussion
Since04.23 i ve got dc every 3-5min. does some one has the same issue? How do you fix it? thx for your help!

unknown.png

Comments

• DinahDinah
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    edited April 24, 2018
    Same here. Though, for me it occurs more often when I switch characters. Game would boot me back to the intro screen 1 to 4 times every time I try to get back on a character. You can imagine how annoying it is having to re enter your secondary pw each time :*, but after that, game is stable

Never had that problem before
    KoeniginYu
  • RedBullRageRedBullRage
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    (Pasting here too)

Started monday. 5pm CEST to 9pm CEST getting random disconnects. Tuesday, same time, and today also. Seems to keep happening on one character only. Sometimes i only stay on for like 30 seconds, some times up to 10 minutes. Steam or Nexon launcher, no difference. Restarting router made me stay online longer, but eventually got booted. After 9pm CEST everything is back to normal, i stay online for how long i feel like, regardless of character.

Leads me to believe the maintenance change, they fudged something up serverside, now people who never had any connection issues keep getting affected during a weirdly specific time. Seems weird that suddenly at the same time a lot people start to complain about DCs.

EDIT: Played for around 2 years, same computer, drivers always updated, same internet, same router, never get any connection issues in any other game. That included Vindictus, untill now.
    KoeniginYu
  • KoeniginYuKoeniginYu
    Dear players. i dnt think the maitenance on 26th April works in game. i m still dc on 27th April. Does someone same as me?
  • RedBullRageRedBullRage
    EU server, and still get DC after maintenance.
    KoeniginYu
  • PhaliantPhaliant
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    edited April 27, 2018
    It happens AGAIN here as well... Oh God...

to be mroe precise it started since 6pm for me today
  • DexkillDexkill
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    KoeniginYu wrote: »
    Dear players. i dnt think the maitenance on 26th April works in game. i m still dc on 27th April. Does someone same as me?

Yes DC STILL ON.
  • RedBullRageRedBullRage
    Aight here is everything i did and where i am at, still didn't fix it:

Flushed DNS
    Release and renew IP
    Restarted internet
    Updated internet drivers
    Re-installed the game
    Went to another PC, played the game there, same disconnection issue.
    Steam or Nexon Launcher, no difference
    5pm to 9pm the DC issues happen
    Manually installed latest Windows Updates
    Rolled back Windows a week earlier, same issue
    Windows back to the latest, still same

None of it helped, and the issue is still limited to only one character. Interestingly, today the DC issue stopped 40 minutes earlier. Once again will have to wait for tomorrow if magic happened and its gone, what a roller coaster.
  • kosckosc
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670
    edited April 27, 2018
    I wonder, for people getting the screen:
    unknown.png

Do you use wireless connection for your internet?
    I have two computers; one that uses wifi and one that uses ethernet cable. This used to happen to my laptop that uses wifi. Other games and internet browsing had no problem but only vindi would disconnect at irregular intervals. I've hooked up both computers using ethernet now and the problem is gone for me.
    This was a year ago and I've only seen that screen recently(yesterday) once when I was switching characters but haven't seen it since.

Edit: Btw I am on NA server (east coast)
  • RedBullRageRedBullRage
    kosc wrote: »
    unknown.png

I have two computers; one that uses wifi and one that uses ethernet cable. This used to happen to my laptop that uses wifi. Other games and internet browsing had no problem but only vindi would disconnect at irregular intervals. I've hooked up both computers using ethernet now and the problem is gone for me.
    This was a year ago and I've only seen that screen recently(yesterday) once when I was switching characters but haven't seen it since.

Im on EU and wired
  • KoeniginYuKoeniginYu
    kosc wrote: »
    unknown.png

Im on EU and wired

haha. thanks for your advice. i tied in my wireless laptop and cable computer. However, both disconnected. And i restarted internet/changed dns/reinstalled the game. Nothing changed.