[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Arcana breakoff?

therapistguytherapistguy
Vindictus Rep: 850
edited April 20, 2018 in General Discussion
Can anybody explain how her breakoff works? I assume it has something to do with that "Use her heat against her while she's off guard" part at 9 bars, but all I see is some rupture buff that stacks to 3 and I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with it.

Also, if anybody knows all the titles from this update I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited April 20, 2018
    its a minigame to lower her defense i think? not the true bo i believe. you have to hit her with a smash when the text comes up and you have the buff. You get the buff by standing near her when she does certain moves. Hiting her with 2 stacks + 3 stacks + 3 stacks again (or 3 +2 + 3) in solo (not sure how many stacks for party or if same) breaks her outfit and gets you 1 progress to the fashion police title out of 10.
    boddoletherapistguy
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Here's the break off for an extra core:

9WvUIQJ.jpg

There's a title list a few topics down:

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/13228/list-of-season-3-titles

I'm not sure about the fashion police title though.
    boddoletherapistguy
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited April 21, 2018
    I just got this title earlier today so I'll try to explain how I got it.

-Whenever you manage to get her down to 9 bars, she'll corrupt the entire hot springs to deal damage to you if you go into the water. [Kinda of a no brainer there]
    -Certain attacks of hers will give a Rupture buff. When she glows blue, that's when you will need to stay close to her.
    1hxlxs.png

-You will receive this buff. You can stack it up to 3 times.
    w02kns.png

-When you finished stacking the buff, hit her with a smash attack when this notification appears.
    j77vvc.png

-It will take 8 stacks of Rupture in order to break off her clothing. So, smash attack her when you have 2 stacks first, then 3 stacks, and 3 stacks again.
    25uhbmx.png

Quick note: She will indefinitely use this phase until 7 bars or you break her clothing off.

Another note: Didn't mention this before so my bad on my part. If you attack her with only 6 stacks, it will only break off her bracelet and she will exit that heat phase. She will, however, go into the heat phase again at the last bar of health.
    boddoleYagaminAriaGodspelltherapistguyFurielSirRFIJinyie
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited April 20, 2018
    idk if i'm an outlier but she stopped giving me the notification after about 5 times of her doing it(after the intial one) so there might be some sorta time limit still.

she still gave me rupture buff just no notification to break her with it.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited April 21, 2018
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    idk if i'm an outlier but she stopped giving me the notification after about 5 times of her doing it(after the intial one) so there might be some sorta time limit still.

Same. I tried it solo, and was just trying to figure it out. Issue with op weapons was that you fly through 2 bars fairly fast if you attack. So I was holding back. She ended up going to the grab move on 8 bars and then didn't do the Rupture buff move again till last bar.

Also no real reason to try for just 2,3,3 stacks. You seem to always have 3 opportunities to get stacks before you see the message again, and that way you can reset the timer so you don't have to worry as much about loosing the buff before the message pops up again. (And 3 stacks of 3 worked fine.)

I figure I will try it with some weaker weapons but actually attack when she isn't in her blue/purple/white pillar move and see what happens.

• RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited April 21, 2018
    I'm 6/10 on the title right now, and have only gotten it by "cashing in" on the stacks at 2, 3, and 3 specifically. Looks like what dazedgumball said is the only way to go about it, as I've tried with 3 and 3, it gave the prompt of her defense being lowered, and then she just never does the heat phase anymore. I miiight have done it once with 3 2 3, but I have to test that out a bit further.

Update: I did successfully get title progress and her break with a combination of 3, 2, 3.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Raijinn wrote: »
    I'm 6/10 on the title right now, and have only gotten it by "cashing in" on the stacks at 2, 3, and 3 specifically. Looks like what dazedgumball said is the only way to go about it, as I've tried with 3 and 3, it gave the prompt of her defense being lowered, and then she just never does the heat phase anymore. I miiight have done it once with 3 2 3, but I have to test that out a bit further.

If you attack her with 6 stacks, it will only break her bracelet. She will go into that phase again at the last bar of health.
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited April 21, 2018
    Raijinn wrote: »

If you attack her with 6 stacks, it will only break her bracelet. She will go into that phase again at the last bar of health.

Ah, good to know. Only need one more to complete the title at this point, I'd for sure just do it while she's at 9 bars. I tested 3, 2, 3 again and it for sure works. So 2, 3, 3 or 3, 2, 3 can get the break/title at 9 bars, whereas 3, 3, 2 has to be done on her 9th and last health bars then.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Tried it again, this time with my old polemains. 2,3 then she kept on repeating the move but again no message. Same issue that Emerthyst reported. I got the 2 one right way, might have missed 1 round just due to 3x buff wearing out. Don't know why it stopped giving the message.
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    I just finished the title and I had the same issue as ikevi. I didnt count it exactly but it looks like the message appears 5 times. If you exclude the one in the very beginning there is 4 left. Which means you only have 4 tries to do her break off meaning you can only miss once.
    I didnt test it further to confirm though.
  • therapistguytherapistguy
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    So how are you supposed to hit her with the lvl 2 rupture and not the 3? Most of the time it either runs out or she ends up giving me lvl 3
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    So how are you supposed to hit her with the lvl 2 rupture and not the 3? Most of the time it either runs out or she ends up giving me lvl 3

Get 2 levels and try to keep your distance from her to not get the lvl 3 buff. It can take a while, just need patience.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited April 26, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »
    I tried it solo, and was just trying to figure it out. Issue with op weapons was that you fly through 2 bars fairly fast if you attack. So I was holding back. She ended up going to the grab move on 8 bars and then didn't do the Rupture buff move again till last bar.

Tried it again, this time with my old polemains....

I finally have time to grind the title, kept my usual OP weapon on and dps until 9 bars, then I only dodge/block and it works fine. Don't need to use weak weapons, just stop attacking except to deliver the off guard smash.
    Emerthyst wrote: »

Yeah, 5 off guards. So after hitting her with exactly 5 stacks, if you somehow miss getting a buff then you can wait a few times until you have last 3 stacks before hitting her.

So, the combinations is not limited to 2,3,3 and 3,2,3 (but these are the most efficient combinations). You can also have:
    3,0,2,3 where 0 is you don't smash and let it expire after accidentally getting 3.
    etc.
    So it'll work as long as you get her to exactly 5 stacks first in total, then finally 3 stacks at once in the end.

She seems to give me 3 or 4 chances of getting the buff before she is off guard. Sometimes I'm too far away and miss the buff anyway which is good if it happens once so I can make do. But otherwise I try to get buff 1 and 3 or buff 2 and 3. If I get buff 1 and 2 then the buff often expires before she is off guard especially if she decides to do the 4th chance or the AOE ground smash attack which takes a long time to end.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    Fun title nonetheless.. Soloing her is sure fun (?)