[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gear progression

WitchHunterWitchHunter
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
What should I be doing? Should I be going after the accessories? Focus on my weapon? How do I upgrade my weapon? Where should I farm to get gold to buy all this stuff? Or is it more cost efficient to go for it myself?

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited April 21, 2018
    I assume you are lv 95?

I would focus on weapon. Either go the lv 90 => +13 route. Or dul weapon lv 10 -> see if you get lucky and can get better. (Use free runes bought by seals and event +11 rune.)

After you managed that focus on armor. (Either farm enough money to buy +12 dul or make them.)

Likely the next thing you should really look at is the dead rings. (Assuming you need bal.)

BUT here comes the big issue, do you want to bother with infusions or not? If you do, IE you want a min-max build... it usually is best to just buy accessories with infusions already.

Cheaper infusions are your bal belts, crit earings. The bal/crit rings will usually cost a pretty penny. But just assume ~100-200 stones to manage to make a crit or bal on those hence why the cost is so high.

Once you have a surplus of bal you can think about sticking a fast on a kitty necklace or a paw/fang whatever you use.

Oh and I assume legacy books are going to be dropping in price really fast. So you might want to wait on buying one of those for a few weeks. (But buy it/make it before the event is done since prices will likely go up.)

Good luck, this is all end gear items and they either take a ton of time to make or cost a lot to buy premade. (I just wouldn't really bother upgrading mid way unless you really don't care about your stats much and would be happy with always the second best accessories etc.)
    Amenari
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    0) Do some Arena for your Artifact. You can do this at any time, but the sooner the better as you can get only 70 seals per week
    1) Focus on getting a +13 90 first and foremost. Scrolls, focus on something cheap like Leopard/Valor for now. Dulla is pretty much useless right now, as a +13 90 can easily carry you for most of the end game
    2) Scroll your armor. Nothing fancy, just cheap Well Balanced and Sentinel (remember Master on your Chest Armor). You can farm everything in S2 ex raids if you want to save and make some money.
    3) Get yourself some accessories. Focus on Earrings and Belt first, then Blue Cat Brooch, Rings, necklace (any is ok, really), Bracelets (if your character uses Str based, Copper with Diamond and Emerald works more than fine for now. If they use Int, just get a Silver with Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. Just use Fine Gems for now) and lastly, The Book of Legacy (only for characters that use it, of course. If you're Arisha or Fiona, you won't need to bother)
    4) Change your armor. Time to get some shiny Dulla with Orange main and enhance it. Use Runes only after +8 and hope to get the whole set to +12 in a single try. For any piece that goes to +12, replace Solid (and Smooth too for Pants and Chest) and try till it breaks. Or you could sell for a quick cash and start again, your call here.
    5) Now your set should somewhat be ready, but you're still missing scrolls. Again, start by putting Well Balanced and Sentinel on everything (Master on Chest, too)
    6) Time to go for the best Enchants. On Weapon you'll usually wants Righteous or Immoral as Prefix and Judgment as Suffix, but it ultimately depends on your equip and character. Helm and Pants Heartless/Enthusiastic, Chest Temporal Stigma (or Well Balanced Stigma, your call), Gloves and Boots Weeping Echoing. Rings Sparkling Passion, Belt Petite Passion, everything else as many Fast as your Balance allows (you'll always want to stay as close to 90 Balance as you can, so act accordingly. If you don't have enough Balance, use Significant instead) and Passion. On one and only one of your accessories (any of them works) put Berserker instead of Passion.
    7) Replace the two Sparkling on the Rings with The Dead, and Petite on Belt with Subdued
    8) Start maxing your weapon Shards, focusing on Atk Speed, Balance and Crit and first, then move to Str and finally Attack. If you want you can change your weapon skill, but it barely makes a difference. Suggested ones are Siglint, Shaken and Critical Damage.
    9) Start working on infusions, focusing first on Weapon (+2 crit), Earrings (+2 crit), Belt (+2 bal), Rings (+2 bal), Brooch (+2 crit) and Book (+2 crit. If Arisha or Fiona, again, ignore this) as they're the easiest ones to get. Once you're done with them you can start working on the painful one: crit on necklace (and Shield or Focus if Fiona or Arisha). Chance to get either Crit or Balance is roughly 0.3% per stone for them, so have fun.
    10) The end. You are now free to work on whatever you may like, be it a +15 90 or Dulla weapons, or maybe aim for higher enhances, ALR, Superior Gems in your bracelets. The only limit is where you want to arrive. Now let's just hope I didn't forget anything

Also, don't forget to get full gold in ein lacher while you do this, and if you can do Neam too
    Amenari
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Just be careful about burning gold on "cheap" scrolls. Elyr method will have you burning through ~30m on stuff you are going to toss or scroll over the first thing you can. (And resale value is not worth the unbinds.)

That said you will need enough crit/bal to allow you to run the quick board raids. Hence why folks use +10 Dul weapons over +13 lv 90 weapons. (The extra crit and att help a lot.)

There are plenty better guids in the forum. Good luck.