[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning after 3 years... Need help with info.

EleazearEleazear
Vindictus Rep: 200
Posts: 2
Member
in General Discussion
Hello folks! I'm returning after 3 years to find some big changes. Firstly that gear drops straight from bosses which is just wild but a welcome edition, and that older content can be soloed. But I do have some other questions. I have been having fun getting to the latest content.

Firstly that I notice a lot of players have +13 weapons... like an oddly large number. Is there a rune to protect it to +13? My rune only protects up to +10.

Secondly, most things are pretty straight forward, except on how to attain certain items. For instance, old Elchulus items like my Gnarled Obelisk or other dragon weapons that aren't a part of Heide. I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but that's all for now to get me started again. Thanks!

Comments

  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,210
    Posts: 913
    Member
    edited April 12, 2018
    About +13 weapons , there are flawless enhancement stones in seals shop +11 , +12 and +13 for 90 lvl gear . All 3 stones are 100 precent chance but the last one +13 makes your weapon or armor bound to you permanently and you cant try to +14 anymore . Thats why many players got +13 gear .
    Eleazear
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Posts: 329
    Member
    Certain armors and weapons were either made exclusive to expertise or are just completely unobtainable now.

    Check out this thread for a lot of good info that's up to date for the RISE version of vindictus:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/14011/comprehensive-list-of-guides
    Eleazear
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Posts: 108
    Member
    Madcobra wrote: »
    About +13 weapons , there are flawless enhancement stones in seals shop +11 , +12 and +13 for 90 lvl gear . All 3 stones are 100 precent chance but the last one +13 makes your weapon or armor bound to you permanently and you cant try to +14 anymore . Thats why many players got +13 gear .

    Those work only on lvl 90 weapons, not armors.. or was it changed?
    Eleazear
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 1,320
    Member
    Eleazear wrote: »
    Hello folks! I'm returning after 3 years to find some big changes. Firstly that gear drops straight from bosses which is just wild but a welcome edition, and that older content can be soloed. But I do have some other questions. I have been having fun getting to the latest content.

    Firstly that I notice a lot of players have +13 weapons... like an oddly large number. Is there a rune to protect it to +13? My rune only protects up to +10.

    Secondly, most things are pretty straight forward, except on how to attain certain items. For instance, old Elchulus items like my Gnarled Obelisk or other dragon weapons that aren't a part of Heide. I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but that's all for now to get me started again. Thanks!

    I don't think there's a comprehensive guide for all weapons anymore, but you can check the guide linked above as one of them in that section should contain most of them. Heremon and such still drop from the old bosses as before. Many weapons actually drop from bosses regularly and easily now. Some, however, are only via expertise, so you'll have to find a weaponsmith/goldsmith to craft them for you.
    Eleazear
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    Posts: 150
    Member
    Madcobra wrote: »
    About +13 weapons , there are flawless enhancement stones in seals shop +11 , +12 and +13 for 90 lvl gear . All 3 stones are 100 precent chance but the last one +13 makes your weapon or armor bound to you permanently and you cant try to +14 anymore . Thats why many players got +13 gear .

    Those work only on lvl 90 weapons, not armors.. or was it changed?

    It only works for weapons, Madcobra just got it wrong. That would be way too generous.
    FDFRXYv.png
    Eleazear
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,210
    Posts: 913
    Member
    Madcobra wrote: »
    About +13 weapons , there are flawless enhancement stones in seals shop +11 , +12 and +13 for 90 lvl gear . All 3 stones are 100 precent chance but the last one +13 makes your weapon or armor bound to you permanently and you cant try to +14 anymore . Thats why many players got +13 gear .

    Those work only on lvl 90 weapons, not armors.. or was it changed?

    It only works for weapons, Madcobra just got it wrong. That would be way too generous.
    FDFRXYv.png

    ye weapons only sorry
    Eleazear
  • EleazearEleazear
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    Wow, thank you all for the info! I'm starting to get the hang of it now! I have but one more question that I'm unable to find. Thank you very much for those links!

    My question is, that I have noticed no difference between a superior version of.. well, all the sets. When I look at some people who also have +10 gear.. they're almost, if not exactly the same stats. And the set bonuses are all the same. So obviously Dullahan being 95 and the latest raid, is going to give the best stats. But...

    Between Bahra, Regina, Abomination, Lugh, whatever Sentinal, all the 90 sets... does it matter which one you pick? Cause they all seem to be exactly the same stat wise, and just depends on you upgrading them and such.
  • AriaGodspellAriaGodspell
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    Posts: 47
    Member
    Eleazear wrote: »
    Wow, thank you all for the info! I'm starting to get the hang of it now! I have but one more question that I'm unable to find. Thank you very much for those links!

    My question is, that I have noticed no difference between a superior version of.. well, all the sets. When I look at some people who also have +10 gear.. they're almost, if not exactly the same stats. And the set bonuses are all the same. So obviously Dullahan being 95 and the latest raid, is going to give the best stats. But...

    Between Bahra, Regina, Abomination, Lugh, whatever Sentinal, all the 90 sets... does it matter which one you pick? Cause they all seem to be exactly the same stat wise, and just depends on you upgrading them and such.
    With the 95 gear sure it sounds better but the amount needed to be invested is also greater. 90 gear is slightly inferior however much more accessible. In fact depending on the character you can reach the top 100 most active geared characters.

    As long as you have 3 of each for Braha...etc 90 armor(with weaopon) you get the set bonus. There is material with a max of enhance of +10 and a max enhance of +20. Besides the enhance cap, higher tier scrolls are unable to be used on the weaker materials. Finally in order to go past +12 the equipment must be of made up of orange materials.