[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming Soon: The Abyssal Arena

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited November 16, 2016 in News Archive
Attention Mercenaries! A new challenge is being introduced! Prepare yourselves for a new venue of combat to test your mettle in battle and your raw abilities as a warrior. On Wednesday, November 23rd, Vindictus will release its next update, featuring new abilities, a returning favorite, new sales and the all-new Abyssal Arena.

Enter the Abyssal Arena

The Ein Lacher Challenge brought you face to face with a single boss and gave you a simple task: Win as cleanly as you can, win with absolute perfection, and win without suffering a even a scratch for the best possible rewards. The Abyssal Arena is a far different obstacle, and if you play it safe, you won't get anywhere.

The new Abyssal Arena battle quest takes you to a small arena, where wave after wave of foes will test your ability to kill in the blink of an eye. Upon entering the Arena, you'll have 12 minutes to fight. Defeat all the monsters, and a new wave of enemies will appear, culminating in a powerful boss from Vindictus' past.

Defeat the boss to clear each level of the Arena, sending you down to the next level with 2 minutes added to the clock. Each boss you slay will grant you a new cache of AP, each new level will give you a new set of foes to dispatch, and if you can slay the champion of the Arena before time expires, there's a bounty of Seals of Bravery for you to claim. Just don't entirely forget about defense: Your HP, SP, Stamina and Armor Damage will not reset between each level, and sheer attrition can wear down even the mightiest warrior.

Multiple Character Improvements

Throughout 2015 and 2016, we've been going back to our array of Mercenaries and giving them tune ups, shoring up their weak spots and giving them some new powers. With the Abyssal Arena update, it's time for Arisha and Lynn to get some tweaks to their key abilities, as well as one big attack for the little lady with the lance.

Lynn finally receives her Ultimate ability, the Flight of the Valkyries, a blistering series of attacks to utterly devastate any foe that gets on Lynn's bad side. Arisha's new ability isn't as flashy, but it's no less useful. MP Swap grants the Spell-swordsman the ability to drain banked up SP for Mana, letting her unleash her Mana Blade offensive for even longer than before.

Those aren't the only changes to come to the Mercenaries either. Lynn's Five Finger Death attack will become smoother to use and Delia and Sylas will receive their own share of tweaks. On top of that, we have a bevy of bug fixes and other improvements planned, so keep your eyes peeled for the full list of changes to come!

Enchant Exchange Shop Returns

The Enchant Exchange Shop is returning for another month, come November 23rd! Just as before, the Enchant Exchange Shop will allow you to obtain Ancient Coins by completing certain Raid Battles and take them to the Exchange Shop to purchase the exact Enchant Scroll you want. You'll only have a month to get your hands on the scrolls you need, so get ready to go raiding!

Comments

• EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Except it's the Tower of Struggle
    GewelliriousAnthonytonyboyArellaRothKourinfluffyninja
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited November 16, 2016
    I'm curious as to why The Abyssal Arena and not The Tower of Struggle. ㅇㅅㅇ
    I am definitely confused on Lynn's SP Hold Name. Why Flight of the Valkyries? I definitely understand that "Flexible Shoes" was an awful name but.....Flight of the Valkyries kinda doesn't seem like it fits well....
    BloodAngel
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Edaym
    Edaym said:

Except it's the Tower of Struggle
    This is a case where the localized name is better.

Also, SHARD UPDATE AND ATTACK LIMIT RELEASE PLZ KTHNX.
    BloodAngelYepShesDead
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    탱크블레이드

I am definitely confused on Lynn's SP Hold Name. Why Flight of the Valkyries? I definitely understand that "Flexible Shoes" was an awful name but.....Flight of the Valkyries kinda doesn't seem like it fits well....
    Maybe someone was thinking of doing some soul engraving ?
    (spears aren't the same as glaives but eh)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Aquasol
    Aquasol said:

탱크블레이드

Maybe someone was thinking of doing some soul engraving ?
    (spears aren't the same as glaives but eh)
    I wouldn't mind putting in a suggestion on a name for the skill. But I think it's probably finalized at this point and there probably will be no plans to change it.
    RiceMonster
  • ChronosXIIIChronosXIII
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    Flight of the Valkyries makes no sense when the rest of her moves have kung-fu movie inspired names. Consistency what is.
    PhieraAqua22
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I think if they just put an 's' at the end of Tower of Struggle it would've worked but Abyssal Arena is pretty cool too. Reminds me of how the maps in mgo2 were named.

If this update doesn't have the composite upgrading then I wonder what the rares for AA will be. More orange weapon essences?
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited November 16, 2016
    I'm guessing there's no shard enhancement.
    We were supposed to get it with Ancient Lako, not sure why it's being delayed for so long.
    PhieraAqua22ArellaRoth
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Mainichi said:

We were supposed to get it with Ancient Lako, not sure why it's being delayed for so long.
    More likely we're not getting it. Especially with a seal shop that we have and they (KR) don't have.
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    Delia getting her buff hmm?...I guess it's finally time to faceroll Einlach!
  • PandariaPandaria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,115
    edited November 16, 2016
    where is my shard upgrade?? qq
    Aqua22
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited November 16, 2016
    Gewellirious

Mainichi said:

More likely we're not getting it. Especially with a seal shop that we have and they (KR) don't have.
    I doubt they would leave out such a major feature, but it would really suck if that ended up being the case. I've been holding onto these damn untradeable mats I bought for 3.5-4 months now because I thought it was coming with Ancient Lako...
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    where the hell is the other half of smash 1 ._. ?
    they better include it with smash 2, or else ill remain mad D:<
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    Question: How is Iset's Ein Lacher One-on-One?
    ChronosXIIIRiceMonster
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited November 17, 2016
    "Flight of the Valkyries" probably the same person that named "Lord Glas Ghaibhleann".

Lynn does not have wings, feathers, flight, winged helmets, or any other ties to Norse mythology.

Even "Flight of the Dragons" is a more obvious and fitting name. It's too simple for my taste, but definitely looks a lot better than what I'm currently looking at...

A distasteful animation and a horrible name to boot. Call me petty, but it's the simplest things that tend to matter the most in a world where RNGesus rules.
    BloodAngel
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    So the tower is finally coming? well now, we have this, but not the first half of smash 1 update... really tells you something there.
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,200
    edited November 17, 2016
    Flight of the Valkyries? +haha This should play every time it's used.

BloodAngel
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    edited November 17, 2016
    oh boy where to begin... February is looking bleaker and bleaker with NA and there localisation prowess jesus "Flight of the Valkyries" "MP Swap" "Abyssal Arena"
    add this to the other stupid names that NA has given stuff over the years like all of Delias skill names and my personal favourite "Ein Lacher" which in German means "A Laugh" what a fitting name
  • WhirlinDeathWhirlinDeath
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited November 17, 2016
    euh.. SHARD UPGRADE PLS
    ="Quote" rel="Mainichi">
    Gewellirious

Mainichi said:

I doubt they would leave out such a major feature, but it would really suck if that ended up being the case. I've been holding onto these damn untradeable mats I bought for 3.5-4 months now because I thought it was coming with Ancient Lako...

If they choose to give seal shop oj only and no shard upgrade that would really be a poor choice and a game killer for me. In KR you still have to run S3 to get your shard and again to get purple to upgrade your oj while here there is no reason at all to run S3 except for title and since population is so low S3 is dead.

Well guess what nexon, i'm tired of doin S2 raid which is the for the most part the worst of the game. No shard upgrade will mean propably another 8 month break for me. The only thing i did in the last month was log on from to time to time to cry a little more trying to gold the ein lacher i miss with lann.

• DisgardDisgard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,695
    edited November 17, 2016
    Ok, let's settle down on names here:

1)Abyssal Arena vs Tower of Struggle - umh... ok, we're descending "Into the Abyss", like these other 2 battles in S2. Still, it's a tower!

2)Flight of the Valkyrie vs Loulan's Last Flower vs Flexible Feet vs Fluttering Flower - Flight of the Valkyrie name doesn't match with her style, Loulan's Last Flower would fit her backstory as her final attack. Flexible Feet - well, I thought it was a silly joke until I saw what it looked like, acceptable. Fluttering Flower - a good match with her fighting style and many of her skills.

3)MP Swap vs Mana Switch - seriously, shortening Mana to MP? That's not even proper to name in abbreviations! And "swap" means you can get SP back, while switch, you do one-sided switch!

4)Einrach vs Ein Lacher - Ein Lacher is a joke. No hard feelings to it.

Getting back on topic, it'd be a shame if some content from remaining Smashes would be lost. After all, winter is in the wind already.
    Aqua22Kourin