[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[REQ] Miri parrying/general tips

HawkStrattusHawkStrattus
Vindictus Rep: 410
in Miri
I love miri, problem is now I'm lvl 75 and s2 is hard for me due to me dyingand getting hit a lot. Im confused on the general tactics used for fighting bosses. Like do you carry then quickly L-R-R-R? What are the general combos used for soloing bosses and dealing high dmg? Also any other miri tips in general?

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited April 4, 2018
    It's the same for all chars not just Miri, you need to learn each of the bosses attacks and avoid them, and attack while it's safe.

Miri's actually one of the easiest to do that compared to all the other characters since you don't need to worry about chaining LLLL before R to maximise damage only to be interrupted half the time and lose dps.

If I have less than 3 Wyvern Magic, dodge-R-L-Chainswing for more damage. If you have 3 or more, you can L to parry, do damage, regain stamina and gain SP then proceed to spamming R. Very important to learn the timing to parry.
    EDIT: Avoid using dodge unless absolutely necessary to keep Hydra buff (gives +20% Chainswing damage). See posts below for more info.

70 SP reduction on Blazing Spine, CD on Garb, 10% damage on the rest.

Abuse that you can Chainswing after Scorching Streak or Blazing Spine instead of unnecessarily doing LR. You shouldn't need to do LR much if you use Cat Statue, but if you use Paw you can use LR early on to get enough SP for Garb.

If the boss does multiple attacks consecutively, you can't spam just L to avoid all hits consistently, it can work but not always. But you can spam dodge-L-dodge-L-dodge-L to consistently be invincible for as long as you have stamina (I do this for Niet's 6 hit KO in Neam, Ein Lacher.)

You are invincible during Garb animation. Can abuse this to avoid Lugh's KO bomb, Glas' gravity KO, Neam's Gate, etc.

But to maximise damage and get easy mode you really need Defense, face tank hits and spam that Chainswing in Garb only to do an L while you are getting low on stamina and when the boss happens to attack at a good time to easily time your parry. Combo with Paw and Focus Stim for even more damage. I have over 20k Def so I can solo Special Raids in 3-5 mins (Desert Contract 3 min, Last Garden and Underground Assembly 4 min, Shrouded Truth and Shining Keag 5 min). It would be much longer if I needed to avoid attacks.
  • KurumiTKurumiT
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Generally for parrying, u want to parry following the boss 's attack pattern. Parrying too early or too late will result u getting hit. For multi hit combo attacks this may require some practice to get ur timing right. As for dmg dealing, u should try to avoid dodging and rely more on parrying. Also stay close to the boss. The main dmg source is the chainswing so use LR followed by chainswing if possible.
  • HawkStrattusHawkStrattus
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Thank you so much much guys, this solves my problems.
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited April 4, 2018
    Yagamin wrote: »
    If I have less than 3 Wyvern Magic, dodge-R-L-Chainswing for more damage.

Is this worth losing the hydra buff? I'm not sure what the buff actually does - the tooltip is beyond useless.

I've been trying to avoid dodging unless absolutely necessary and I feel like I'm becoming a better player for it but I'm really not sure what's optimal in terms of damage. Is losing the hydra buff w/ spinethrow-L really superior to just doing L-R while maintaining the buff?

In most solo vids I watch I really never see spinethrow used unless it's at the very start of a fight or if for whatever reason you need to chase the boss across the map.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited April 5, 2018
    noctred wrote: »
    Is this worth losing the hydra buff? I'm not sure what the buff actually does - the tooltip is beyond useless.

I've been trying to avoid dodging unless absolutely necessary and I feel like I'm becoming a better player for it but I'm really not sure what's optimal in terms of damage. Is losing the hydra buff w/ spinethrow-L really superior to just doing L-R while maintaining the buff?

In most solo vids I watch I really never see spinethrow used unless it's at the very start of a fight or if for whatever reason you need to chase the boss across the map.

I didn't notice the difference until now, but I also worded it wrong. I meant certain attacks have 'superarmor' which means you don't get flinched during it. LR does not have 'superarmor' but dodgeR does. This is helpful against fast bosses (Special raids) or multiple bosses where you can't get LR in. But since Hydra is useful, Blazing Spine has 'superarmor' so that works better than dodgeR.

What I didn't notice was Hydra power buff was not referring to the parry damage, but actually refers to chainswing damage. Upon analysis of a slowed video, you are correct that it is better to not lose Hydra for more damage..
    XOpK7lv.png
    Avan
  • DjmantiDjmanti
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    LR spam is basicly normal - smash (wait) normal - smash ?
    or is it spamming through all the different smashes?