[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Which has more effects on damage?

KurumiTKurumiT
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
Hi, I am wondering which has more effects on damage, 1000 limit removal or 500 additional damage. My current additional dmg is 4100. Thanks guys. o:)

Comments

• AriaGodspellAriaGodspell
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    Depends on the situation. But it is good to have both at high values.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 31, 2018
    Assuming you are 1k above the bosses normal att cap, then the 1k att limit will be > than the 500 ad. damage.

They both have the same multiplier now. (Assuming you are above att cap + att limit). And I am fairly certain that ad damage is affected by bal now too. (So basically 100 att limit = 100 ad damage assuming you are at least 100 above att cap.)

(Note I could be wrong. But I had thought multipliers had been changed. Before some folks were seeing data that ad had ~2x more of a multiplier, but i know things changed a couple of times. IE at one time AD had a 6.25, Att limit had ~3.2. Then they tossed in some non-uniform junk if your are below or near the att cap and it just gets confusing.)
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    500 AD is stronger until a bit past 1150 ALR
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Even if you can make full use of the 1000 attack limit, the 500 ad should slightly edge out in terms of overall power. Assuming both upgrades would cost you the same amount, I'd go for the 500 ad since you can utilize it everywhere while the attack limit might not be fully utilized if your attack is too low.

• KaraKara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    IMO, work on your AD: high enhance armor & weapons. Focus on Attack limit later, it's the most expensive upgrade there is.
  • KurumiTKurumiT
    Thx for the reply guys, its just super hard to improve AD further at this point without getting a +14 weapon
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    KurumiT wrote: »
    Thx for the reply guys, its just super hard to improve AD further at this point without getting a +14 weapon

4100 additional without a +14 I'm assuming you already have reasonably high enhanced armor. The 300 remove att. limit from Neam might help unless you already have that. Otherwise +15 armor is your only other option if not high enhanced weapon. IMO with rise update it seems much easier to get +15 armor than a +14 weapon lol. Anyways good luck! I'm about where you're at too and regret not doing my Neam runs on release :')
  • AriaGodspellAriaGodspell
    Vindictus Rep: 1,440
    Jinyie wrote: »

4100 additional without a +14 I'm assuming you already have reasonably high enhanced armor. The 300 remove att. limit from Neam might help unless you already have that. Otherwise +15 armor is your only other option if not high enhanced weapon. IMO with rise update it seems much easier to get +15 armor than a +14 weapon lol. Anyways good luck! I'm about where you're at too and regret not doing my Neam runs on release :')

0/10 for a +12 DS to go +13 im cursed
  • KurumiTKurumiT

Unfortunately I am a long way from 75 Neam battles. But thx for the advise, getting a 95 +14 is really difficult so good luck to u too.
  • KurumiTKurumiT

Yeah i know the pain. Boomed 7 +12 DS before I could get my current weapon.
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    Pre-Miri

Yeah i know the pain. Boomed 7 +12 DS before I could get my current weapon.

18 +10, 4 +11, 2 +12, 0 higher pre-rise.
    Quit for a few years, then another
    16 +10, 3 +11, 0 higher post-rise to the last enhance event.
    Was thinking of never trying to enhance past 10 again, then an enhance event came and I was gearing Miri too so
    1 +10, 1+11, 3 +11, 4+12, 2+13, 2+14, 1+15 during the last enhance event. Surprisingly either that +3% seemed to work for me or my prev characters are heavily cursed and Miri has good luck.
    I haven't enhanced since then.