[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Just curious how old Iset/Keaghan set owners feel.

DragonRiderDragonRider
Vindictus Rep: 2,600
edited March 29, 2018 in General Discussion
I never did buy a keaghan or iset outfit in the past, but..

For all those people that bought and own their own keaghan or iset sets in the past, how do you feel that Nexon re-released these outfits in a better form than before?

Would you re-buy them again? Or do you feel jipped?

(inb4 Super Chrome Steel keaghan/iset released by Nexon in 2020). *cough* reminds me of Zecallion Set re-released into Zecallion Roar set *cough*

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Shiny =/= better ;-) That said I still have an old package that I never bothered to sell. Might hurt to see its value drop even more, but oh well.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited March 29, 2018
    Not like people who owned these wear the outfits most of the time before this re-release anyway.

I'm sure most people bought the gacha to support the company, not for what's inside :)

• DragonRiderDragonRider
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    Not like people who owned these wear the outfits most of the time before this re-release anyway.

I'm sure most people bought the gacha to support the company, not for what's inside :)

i think they care whats inside lol.
  • M3lancholyM3lancholy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Personally, I don't feel jipped. I'm happy with owning the "old"/previous Keaghan set. That being said, I bought my set with gold instead of real money because being Canadian, I lose ~.25 cents give or take per dollar so I can't speak for those who bought gachas with real money. In the end, it's all about personal preference: some will take a liking to the Shiny Keaghan while others prefer the previous version or, they might even like both versions. As for me, should the prices dip below 150m for a Shiny Keaghan, I'll consider buying it. They've gotta make money somehow.
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    To be honest i'd feel annoyed if they had actually done something to fix the texture on the Keaghan outfit, as in the pixelated metal parts, but seeing as they didn't I don't really care much.

As far as Iset goes, I only spent 3k NX on it and it's currently one of the cheapest avatars that i've got so I don't mind that one either.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I prefer Iset "old" look more, also it has a free inner.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    edited March 31, 2018
    Furiel wrote: »
    To be honest i'd feel annoyed if they had actually done something to fix the texture on the Keaghan outfit, as in the pixelated metal parts, but seeing as they didn't I don't really care much.

As far as Iset goes, I only spent 3k NX on it and it's currently one of the cheapest avatars that i've got so I don't mind that one either.

They did fix the pixelation on keaghan. Look and compare the shoulder plates. I would feel hella jipped seeing the refined improvements and the new metallic feel from the shine.

This is no different than what they did with Zecallion (old set) with new Zecallion set (with new Lion head, which is true zecallion).

This is no different than what they are doing with old/new outfitters and just re-releasing them as time-limited editions (seen every other month or so throughout the year) with a miniscule increase of higher stats for $10 more than the originals (that you can find in the perma outfitter shop).

It's a pretty public slap to all the people who keep buying their old versions , and re-releasing new updated improved versions again and again. They really are trying pinching every penny out of people who are still willing to re-buy and spend on this kind of tactic, milking it for all they are worth while keeping production costs for the company almost $0 (instead of releasing new outfit content).

I personally don't have an emotional stake in this thankfully, and i'm glad i never bought keaghan set in the past. I just truly feel bad for those that actually do feel ripped off by this kind of business tactic. A decent company would have updated the textures, etc of the existing outfits for their loyal customers who spend lots of cash $$$ on their gacha machine who provide to keep their company wallets full and company afloat. I guess Nexon doesn't feel shame.

• FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    edited March 31, 2018
    Furiel wrote: »

They did fix the pixelation on keaghan. Look and compare the shoulder plates. I would feel hella jipped seeing the refined improvements and the new metallic feel from the shine.

This is no different than what they did with Zecallion (old set) with new Zecallion set (with new Lion head, which is true zecallion).

This is no different than what they are doing with old/new outfitters and just re-releasing them as time-limited editions (seen every other month or so throughout the year) with a miniscule increase of higher stats for $10 more than the originals (that you can find in the perma outfitter shop).

It's a pretty public slap to all the people who keep buying their old versions , and re-releasing new updated improved versions again and again. They really are trying pinching every penny out of people who are still willing to re-buy and spend on this kind of tactic, milking it for all they are worth while keeping production costs for the company almost $0 (instead of releasing new outfit content).

I personally don't have an emotional stake in this thankfully, and i'm glad i never bought keaghan set in the past. I just truly feel bad for those that actually do feel ripped off by this kind of business tactic. A decent company would have updated the textures, etc of the existing outfits for their loyal customers who spend lots of cash $$$ on their gacha machine who provide to keep their company wallets full and company afloat. I guess Nexon doesn't feel shame.

Take a close look to his shattered shoulder, the shield on the arm, and his cloak. Nope, the messy pixelation has not been fixed, it just feels as if they've tried to cover it with the shiny texture.
  • misanthropemisanthrope
    Vindictus Rep: 565
    edited April 1, 2018
    Anyone who actually complains about the new iset / keaghan outfitters are just spoiled little brat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Nexon rereleasing old gacha outfits with "improvements" since car makes release new models every year and better than the previous gen. If all you care about is feeling "unique" in a way that the other person in game doesnt have the same outfit, then you got issues.
    EnigmaTaro
  • mauricerainymauricerainy
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    The new one Iset looks like cheap plastic chinese fake. Im glad i bought the vintage version in the fullness of time.