[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bad gear or do I suck?

ShinnjiaShinnjia
Vindictus Rep: 300
in General Discussion
This is my first time playing an MMORPG so please bare with me.

I'm unable to solo the Regina quest and stuck with the story. Did something happen to the stamina bar in S3? I feel like it doesn't fill up as fast as it use to. I'm currently using the free gear set they give you in S3 and saving up for gear on the market place.

lol I honestly feel like I suck balls at this game

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    edited March 29, 2018
    Nope, you are normal. Season 3 bosses are an entire new level. This is where and when you actually learn boss patterns and strategies. Also seeing that you are new, you should post the battle up as Quick battle, and have some sempais show you some tricks and tips. Stamina wise maybe you are forcing yourself to dodge more. But if you need help and stuff feel free to ask.
    but overall yeah the gift gear is crap, but after beating regina you can craft and grind out better gear.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Shinnjia wrote: »
    Did something happen to the stamina bar in S3? I feel like it doesn't fill up as fast as it use to.

You likely lost a LVL up buff that gives extra stamina.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    You fill stamina with berserker enchant.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    ikevi wrote: »
    You likely lost a LVL up buff that gives extra stamina.

This. They recently give low level (level 90 and under) buff that gives them +5 stamina per sec. This ease leveling up, but completely make them unprepared for when they hit 90 and has to actually kill stuff that can kill them if they can't dodge. Planned? Maybe.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    haha, I remember playing when Regina first came out, I was still wearing Wonderland set for Evie since 70 gear wasn't good and 80 a bit harder to craft. I still did well with Merc pots. But some tips
    - If she is flying high she will dive bomb and grab someone so play attention to her path and dodge. If she doesn't grab anyone she will land with an aoe attack
    - If she is glowing red , run away. She will do a dome of unblockable and high dmg. She may do this with her combo as well, DODGE the last two hits do not block.
    - The spirit orbs things will chase you but deke left and right a few time will make it lose interest.
    - When she does a thrust attack at you, be prepared for 2 more thrust attack that will track you down.
    - Pay attention to the arena, try not to get corruption percentage too high or you will be instant death. Stay close to the lighted area and have her come to you.
    - At the end of 2 bars, you must have at least 40% corruption to deal damage to her.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Don't expect to solo the S3 raids if this is your first rodeo. Find parties and take her down with a team. Same thing goes with further S3 raid bosses. Once you gear up and become more powerful + gain more experience fighting solo'ing will start to become possible
    CinnaBomb
  • CinnaBombCinnaBomb
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Don't expect to solo the S3 raids if this is your first rodeo. Find parties and take her down with a team. Same thing goes with further S3 raid bosses. Once you gear up and become more powerful + gain more experience fighting solo'ing will start to become possible

This!

I really had to learn this the hard way since I'm still new to the game. I tried soloing her way too much and couldnt get anywhere for so long. I didn't like having to party up (I'm really shy) but at this point you have to since gear is a huge part of it.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Vindictus is not "a MMORPG" - it's a lot different to other games from this category, assuming the game belongs to it in first place.

Nothing wrong with you not being able to solo Regina. Actually all the content before S3 has been downgraded a lot, so it's fast to go through alone with free gear. Previously you'd have hard time doing that, and absolutely no chances to solo (ex-)raids like Regina now, not to mention gear wasn't given free or drop somewhere. In other words, it's that part of the game you need to party up. Best is to use Quick Battle feature (U]K[/U hotkey) and join or create a party.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    CinnaBomb wrote: »

This!

I really had to learn this the hard way since I'm still new to the game. I tried soloing her way too much and couldnt get anywhere for so long. I didn't like having to party up (I'm really shy) but at this point you have to since gear is a huge part of it.

If you need help, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to answer questions or party up to help out. My characters are IzzySparks and Siax. I have a few more but those two are the ones I play on the most.
  • CinnaBombCinnaBomb
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    CinnaBomb wrote: »

This!

If you need help, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to answer questions or party up to help out. My characters are IzzySparks and Siax. I have a few more but those two are the ones I play on the most.

omg thank you ♥

Might take you up on that offer soon :]