[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returning player - where's everyone at??

SythianSythian
Vindictus Rep: 100
in General Discussion
I returned from a 6 year break, started leveling from scratch. I'm 75 now at season 2.

I've seen many people in Colhen, but none in battles so far. It's been like a single-player game till now. But how long is this going to be the case? Can I expect to be in parties later in season2? In season 3?? Or is everyone running the very last content of this game? (Whatever that may be?)

I understand Vindictus is old, and not flourishing with new players in the early game. But I don't want to keep playing solo. I hope this ends soon for me.

Comments

• KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Well, the only content where one might need a party for is Season 3 dungeons/raids, everything before that can easily be done solo and almost no one wants to wait for a party to fill up for a boss that then takes maybe 30 seconds to kill.
    And even for some S3 dungeons I had to wait a solid 15 min. or more before someone showed up. If you really wanna do stuff with other people together, I recommend joining an active guild.
    Sir_Render
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    When you do get to raiding level, make sure you're using quick battle and the favorites feature to find battles. There's a lot of boats going up that you'd just never see by checking the board because they fill up and launch so quickly.
  • SythianSythian
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Well, the only content where one might need a party for is Season 3 dungeons/raids, everything before that can easily be done solo and almost no one wants to wait for a party to fill up for a boss that then takes maybe 30 seconds to kill.
    And even for some S3 dungeons I had to wait a solid 15 min. or more before someone showed up. If you really wanna do stuff with other people together, I recommend joining an active guild.

Thanks, here are even more questions -

Can I expect to see parties for most dungeons in Season 3, or for just some of them?

Will I need to be level 95 for those, or is it more like 90+ or 85+?

When I reach 95, will I be sufficiently geared up to come to public raids, or will I need to grind for items and gold for some time?
    Noburo wrote: »
    When you do get to raiding level, make sure you're using quick battle and the favorites feature to find battles. There's a lot of boats going up that you'd just never see by checking the board because they fill up and launch so quickly.

Thanks, I've yet to use the quick-battle but I'll make sure that I do when I get to that point. It's good to know that there are enough players to at least fill those quickly.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited March 27, 2018
    You'll find some but most play S3 Raid and use quick battle.

You need level 80+ to participate in S3.

I think that with lvl 90-95 Purple gear that is cheap you'll be suffiecient geared for S3, except maybe Nemain, Dullahan, and the purple alien guy.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    edited March 27, 2018
    Most likely since you returned from 6 years ago (ancient times) .....you used regular boat function - which no one uses.

USE QUICK BATTLE FUNCTION, AND YOU WILL SEE WHERE EVERYONE IS LOL.
    TGallagherPixelPantsu
  • SythianSythian
    Thanks, all!
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    I think that with lvl 90-95 Purple gear that is cheap you'll be suffiecient geared for S3, except maybe Nemain, Dullahan, and the purple alien guy.
    How cheap is cheap? Will I have enough gold at lvl 90, or will I have to grind a bit at lower level dungeons? I have 5 mil gold as of entering S2. I may upgrade my gears when I hit 80.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Sythian wrote: »
    How cheap is cheap? Will I have enough gold at lvl 90, or will I have to grind a bit at lower level dungeons? I have 5 mil gold as of entering S2. I may upgrade my gears when I hit 80.

Don't bother. You will get free lv 80 stuff. Wait till lv 90 then. You will be given a free orange weapon shard (bound) upon finishing regina and can work on making a lv 90 weapon if you want. Or you can just see about jumping to lv 95 purple gear. Just check out prices in the marketplace, but you will need ~20m for lv 95 purple.
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    When hitting level 90, you get a full +10 and partially enchanted set (and weapon), which should only be replaced with +10 level 95 items, otherwise you'll lose out on quite a bit of add. damage. I still don't get why some people choose to run around with unenchated, barely enhanced purple Dullahan sets when it's obviously inferior.
    BabyDani
  • OrijeOrije
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited March 27, 2018
    With the lv90 free gear you should be alright for a time being. With the current wheel event, goddess graces are given out like candy so it'll save you a bit in raids. If you find a good active guild, you can spam all the s2 bosses since the scrolls and accessories drop go from 100k-3m gold and that easy chance for a bracelet box. Also make sure to do RAR and raids for seals of bravery since it's a lot easier to make a +13oj lv90 weapon
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I returned from a 6 year break, started leveling from scratch. I'm 75 now at season 2.

I've seen many people in Colhen, but none in battles so far. It's been like a single-player game till now. But how long is this going to be the case? Can I expect to be in parties later in season2? In season 3?? Or is everyone running the very last content of this game? (Whatever that may be?)

I understand Vindictus is old, and not flourishing with new players in the early game. But I don't want to keep playing solo. I hope this ends soon for me.

Playing other games.
  • KaraKara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515

Sleeping
  • TGallagherTGallagher
    When hitting level 90, you get a full +10 and partially enchanted set (and weapon), which should only be replaced with +10 level 95 items, otherwise you'll lose out on quite a bit of add. damage. I still don't get why some people choose to run around with unenchated, barely enhanced purple Dullahan sets when it's obviously inferior.

I am another player coming back after 5 years, and I find it sad to be given a +10 set. With a game as visually rewarding and interactive as I remember, I am completely in favor of a good tough grind to earn my equipment...

I've read through a lot of dissapointing news from the RISE update. The company has its sights set on profit above all it seems, because to remove the "raid" features of the tougher end battles in each scenario such as Thor, titan, Glas etc. Seems like they want people to spend less time enjoying the content. Same thing with difficulty modes, less options, means people will be progressing faster. It's all kind of cold sounding to me, I should find this all out soon though.
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited March 28, 2018
    TGallagher wrote: »
    I find it sad to be given a +10 set, I am completely in favor of a good tough grind to earn my equipment...

The company has its sights set on profit above all it seems.
    You complain sayin we shouln't get free stuff, and then you complain company only wants money??

-_-
  • ThoshaThosha
    Vindictus Rep: 580
    Heyo all, as well as original poster~

Three things....
    One: People claim the game is dead, it's far from it. Let alone the Kr servers keep this one (even if it was under profit margin) alive.
    Two: The game is much more active at later levels 90+. Only people who open boats from S2 are the ex-raids (Lako, iset, ect.), and only when they plan on "training" them back to back to get from level 70-90+, and it's not often they keep it open for others besides guildies...which brings me to three.
    THREE: Join a active guild, the two I'm apart of are both active, always looking for new friendly faces, and has little requirements to join/keep with. Honestly the other higher populated guilds usually have a high requirement or expect you to know everything already. (no judging, they run it HOW they wana. leave it alone)

Join Personas or teddyleague, your choice on that but I'm with both. They have great people in each and are kind to new/returning players who are inexperienced with the new content, and what to get to and/or what to do when you do finally hit level cap.

If anyone does have questions about what ever hits them, feel free to whisper Thosha, Rokaram, or Meythosha. all three are my characters and I'm almost always on one of them. otherwise pm me here, or in Discord. my id is Thosha#9165 on it, and I'm open to any new/returning players needing help or advice. Don't be afraid of what people say, a lot are salty they didn't get their 14+ or higher lol