[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Help with, well, a lot of stuff

NhissoNhisso
Vindictus Rep: 300
edited March 26, 2018 in New Recruits
So, for some horrible reason, literally no one ever helps any one in the chats in this game. I see people asking questions and NO ONE ever answer them. This is quite possibly the least helpful community ive ever seen in a MMO, at least in game. I hope the forums are different at least.

So, some questions:
Ive played on and off since the game was new in the US. You used to have a bunch of crazy quests and go all over the place. Now it seems like all quests come from the sign at the dock in the starter city. Is that true now?

What do I do with items I don't need, like armors and weapons, and items that drop from enemies? They aren't worth any money at shops. Can they be broken down in to parts? DO I just take AP for them?

On my original character from "back in the day", I have old crafting items. They say "there is nothing to do with this item now". So, what do i do with those old crafting items that dropped from enemies now that "monster parts" are no longer how you craft?

How do i get Kristie to reprocess items i have? I dont see any option for it and i have a bunch of items on my original character from back in the day that say Kristie can reprocess this. I dont have any items that say that, on the new character i made a few days ago that ive gotten to level 25.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ImMikeImMike
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    1. Most quests can be take and finish using fast talking but there are still few of them when you need to run from one npc to another. When you press your story short kay (M) you will see color icons just like on minimap. Also board in all city can depart you to any mission (exept Sea of Refflection)
    2. Items like weapon or armor parts can be dissmalt after some lvl. its good to check it. You can do it if your character done the first stage of crafting.
    3.Some of old items can be still use, like misty or ship stones but those like Kraken Inks etc are usless now. I cant say it 100% what save and what sold to npc or put in Colhen campfire but if its dont drop anymore it cant be use.
    4. I have no idea xD

Hope it will help a bit :)
    Nhisso
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 27, 2018
    1. Most quests can be accepted via the new story mode system we got with the RISE update. You could still run back and forth to all the npc's and locations, but if you want to expedite the leveling process, use the story mode option.

2. The majority of "junk" drops can be dismantled via your craft (jeweler, weaponsmithing, etc) into a catalyst of some sort provided it's a weapon/armor. In the higher levels, you can dismantle weapon/armor composite pieces via the NPC Dianann in Roch. Everything else can be sold via the market if it's valuable, and incinerated through Flovian if it's not. (Flovian is the npc found at the fire near the colhen docks & there's a quest to unlock the npc.)

3. A lot of the "older" items that no longer serve a purpose can be thrown away provided its use wasn't changed to something else. Or you could be like me and keep them as mementos from the old days. Btw, if you have an old Oblivion ES laying around, I'll buy it :)

4. As for reprocessing with Kristie, I'm honestly not sure at all about that tbh.

PS: The community is full of people willing to help, but Vin's in-game character limit in the chat/whisper makes giving detailed answers difficult. That's probably why you didn't get answers in game.
    boddole
  • NhissoNhisso
    Awesome. Thanks a lot.
    When do I get to choose a craft?

Also, my old character is only level 17 and had 34k AP. Where on earth did that come from?
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Nhisso wrote: »
    Awesome. Thanks a lot.
    When do I get to choose a craft?

Also, my old character is only level 17 and had 34k AP. Where on earth did that come from?

You can start learning crafts at level 20 something. You'll get a related quest from the strange traveler in the Colhen inn.

As for your AP - Meditation used to give AP over time, even while offline. So if you've been away for a long enough time, you'll come back to a ton of free AP on all of your existing characters.
  • ArentissArentiss
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    edited March 27, 2018
    noctred wrote: »
    As for your AP - Meditation used to give AP over time, even while offline. So if you've been away for a long enough time, you'll come back to a ton of free AP on all of your existing characters.

Meditation skill was changed. Now it gives AP only when loggen in.

• NhissoNhisso
    Ah, that makes sense. I only had a Lann before I quit a couple years ago. He mustve accumulated a lot of AP before the changes. Dang. I should have made several ;)
  • LegendarmaLegendarma
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Hey man! As for the questions in the chat I can tell you 1 thing for sure. People who ask in MEGAPHONES do receive the answers,but in private messages,so people won't waste megas typing the same answer. I can confirm that when I ask something on megaphone,I'd get atleast10-15 responses from people in the private message. So don't get too frustrated just yet man! Good luck and good drops for you!
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I always try to answer questions I see in megaphones. Feel free to ask the question around channel 1 if you don't have the mega/money to obtain one you should get an answer there.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I answer question and do help some people with stuff. But I did have a bad run a few times , like someone was asking help for Regina Story quest and they just died 3/4 of times by corruption, even after I told them not to get to 100% and remain in the light. Not to mention they never revives the other party members or used any pots when low on health or runs away to the other side of the arena for no reason. Also when I used up all my feathers, none of them used a grace (pretty sure you get at least one if you are lv95) . Usually I do not mind carry a raid for newbies but if you are not showing any effort in participation, why should I helping you?
  • BLudamidaBLudamida
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    edited July 6, 2018
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    I answer question and do help some people with stuff. But I did have a bad run a few times , like someone was asking help for Regina Story quest and they just died 3/4 of times by corruption, even after I told them not to get to 100% and remain in the light. Not to mention they never revives the other party members or used any pots when low on health or runs away to the other side of the arena for no reason. Also when I used up all my feathers, none of them used a grace (pretty sure you get at least one if you are lv95) . Usually I do not mind carry a raid for newbies but if you are not showing any effort in participation, why should I helping you?

yo no hablo englez, gomenasai mr cyka blyat
  • NædrinNædrin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,190
    @BLudamida

Lmao