[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Blute Combos and Active Skills

AltairShadowAltairShadow
Vindictus Rep: 915
edited March 26, 2018 in Lynn
I know this is kind of long, but please chime in if there's something you'd like to point out / ask / answer!

(L = normal, R = smash)

COMBOS
What are some combos you've discovered so far for quick mob-clears? I've been using LLLLR but there has to be something faster. (sidenote: how do you kill spiders quickly? The first attacks in Blute's combos always swing over their hitboxes :( )

Are there any dodge animation-canceling attacks for moving quickly through dungeons? I've just been using [dodge]+L+[dodge]+L+... but it eats stamina so quickly.

Have you discovered any high DPS combos to try out? So far, I've been spamming LLRR with the E buff when I want more damage or the Q buff when I need stamina, but I have no idea if this is ideal. I think we can chain this combo with other attacks, but haven't been able to find one that feels good yet. Also, reading through the skills, it seems like Qi Explosion (LLLLR) would be best to use when we have a full Qi bar but how does it compare in DPS to (LLRR)?

ACTIVE SKILLS
Are the actives "Soaring Bullet", "Thorny Flower", and "Flower Power" all activated automatically when we use [normal] after [TAB]?

What's the big difference between "Thorny Flower" and "Flower Power"? To me, it looks like "Thorny Flower" is a cheaper, better version of "Flower Power".

USEFUL RESOURCES
Guide (Korean): http://http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/3691/140099
Aes Solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnQN_Na3Jdc

Comments

• YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited March 23, 2018
    Yeah the DPS combo seems to be "L L R R".

However unless I'm using it wrong or if I have a less optimal setting on, my "L L R R" attacks away from the boss, kind of like Evie's "dodge R R R", where I have to hit backwards/S to get the attack to go forward.

So the dps combo seems to be awkward to control, I need to press "L L R holdSE R holdW". Where E gives the 50% damage buff, S makes me attack in the opposite direction of backwards which is toward the boss, then W again otherwise the other attacks would go away from the boss. Is there any way to not need to hold backwards for that one attack? since it gets even more annoying when you need to hold forward or side after that one attack
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Yeah the DPS combo seems to be "L L R R".

However unless I'm using it wrong or if I have a less optimal setting on, my "L L R R" attacks away from the boss, kind of like Evie's "dodge R R R", where I have to hit backwards/S to get the attack to go forward.

So the dps combo seems to be awkward to control, I need to press "L L R holdSE R holdW". Where E gives the 50% damage buff, S makes me attack in the opposite direction of backwards which is toward the boss, then W again otherwise the other attacks would go away from the boss. Is there any way to not need to hold backwards for that one attack? since it gets even more annoying when you need to hold forward or side after that one attack

no theres no way to ease blute lynn playstyle

koreans alrdy warned us that shes a complex char that will break many peoples fingers
  • neonBarnacleneonBarnacle
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Been using RLRR or RLLR for mob clear. Pretty convenient because it lets you engage from a distance.

Haven't discovered any fast travel mechanic yet.

Always try to follow up LLRR with LL, it does good damage and can be empowered with Q/E. You can also do LL after Soaring Ballet (Tab key).

On that note, put SP reduction on Soaring Ballet ASAP. It cuts the SP consumption by more than half, so you can freely use it to cancel animations and get the followup LL.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Puppyman wrote: »
    So I polished and finished my brief overview covering Blütte Lynn now that she has hit live servers and has had some fine tweaking. I didn't get into heavy specifics like exact values and what not, but it gives people the basic idea of the weapon. Feel free to ask here for more nitty gritty specifics

:eyes:
  • AltairShadowAltairShadow
    edited March 24, 2018
    @Puppyman wow that's awesome! I'll look through this immediately~ EDIT: nice intro guide! I'm sure this can help some Lynns ease into Blute

@neonBarnacle I'm loving the mob clear combos you mentioned, thanks! All great points - SP reduction on this spell especially does seem very important.

@Yagamin, yeah same here. Perhaps the idea was to make us want to combo "LLRR" into an R re-engage or something. I've managed to get "LLRR" feeling much smoother by using "LLR" then when the Q-E icons come up, I tap which buff I want and then hold S before pressing R again. So my full combo atm is:

"LLR E(hold S) R" then while she is floating in the air holding the blute, you just press Q or E for the buff you want. Then when she lands on the ground, use "LL" in any direction you like. When that last LL is done, you can restart this combo again but without the first L.
    ALSO for anyone else reading: you can use the Q or E buff on some SP skills as well. For example, in the Aes Solo video I linked at the top, she uses:

"LR E" -> Paranormal Parasol (at 1:15)
    and
    "LR E" -> Sudden Gust (at 2:13)

• KuzlatkoKuzlatko
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    I presonaly prefer combo LLLRR, since LLRR can do more hits but literaly need to jump into enemy's @$$ to fully hit him and it also need to be large boss and even then Im having problems, cause the boss sometimes just run from it. :D

btw. can someone tell me about LLLLR combo... To me it seems like it always does enhanced attack even without pressing E, yet it doesnt take Qi.
    Is this bug or is it as it should be?
    And how many hits this smash actualy do?
  • PooStickPooStick
    Vindictus Rep: 865
    :o wait you can press s for fight and flight to attack forward? This whole time i've been turning mouse to the opposite direction for it to launch forward lol!
    AltairShadow
    edited March 26, 2018
    @PooStick Hopefully pressing S helps! That must have gotten pretty frustrating

@Kuzlatko The LLLLR combo displays yellow dmg numbers for me as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure there must be a reason to use the other smashes, but hitting constant LLRRs are already yielding very nice DPS in raids so far.
  • BubolynnaBubolynna
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    So I polished and finished my brief overview covering Blütte Lynn now that she has hit live servers and has had some fine tweaking. I didn't get into heavy specifics like exact values and what not, but it gives people the basic idea of the weapon. Feel free to ask here for more nitty gritty specifics

:eyes:

Cuestion (i think everyone who play battleshade wanna know the answer):
    The LLR<R>L(L) combo
    What you mean by "Facing the oposite direction"?
    I tryed every single thing and no mather what, she keep falling backward and its kinda annoying, coze on any random video in youtube you can see literaly everyone doing it against the boss dealing a lot of dmg.
    So what i'm missing here? Can't be that hard if everyone is doing it without dificulties (at least its looks like that).
    @Bubolynna So, if you just do LLRR without pressing anything else, the spinning smash will go backwards. If you want the smash to go forward instead, when you use the LLRR combo, right after the first R you have to hold the [backwards] movement key before the second R. This will get the smash hits to go forward instead of backward. If you use WASD for movement, the keys for this combo are: LLRSR (holding S down). To add the Q or E buff on that smash, your combo will be: LLRESR or LLRQSR.

After the LLRR is done, you are able to use "E->LL" or Q->LL" for a high-damage smash (sometimes 15k+ in one hit!)

Let me know if this helps!
  • BubolynnaBubolynna
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    @Bubolynna So, if you just do LLRR without pressing anything else, the spinning smash will go backwards. If you want the smash to go forward instead, when you use the LLRR combo, right after the first R you have to hold the [backwards] movement key before the second R. This will get the smash hits to go forward instead of backward. If you use WASD for movement, the keys for this combo are: LLRSR (holding S down). To add the Q or E buff on that smash, your combo will be: LLRESR or LLRQSR.

After the LLRR is done, you are able to use "E->LL" or Q->LL" for a high-damage smash (sometimes 15k+ in one hit!)

Let me know if this helps!

I already found out how to do it, but still ty :) They put some time before my post show up, coze i never did that with this acc (my bad should use my main acc).
    At the end some nice korean guy answered me under his solo in YouTube xD
    Anyway this looks confusing at first but once you get it is realy easy. GL all mastering battleshade! I like it a lot and deals more dmg compared to glaive!
    AltairShadow
    Bubolynna wrote: »
    Anyway this looks confusing at first but once you get it is realy easy. GL all mastering battleshade! I like it a lot and deals more dmg compared to glaive!

Right?! I'm absolutely loving the DPS and how much more "in the thick of the fight" it is
    edited April 5, 2018
    <UPDATE>
    Here are my thoughts after the past ~2 weeks of gameplay. Hopefully I'll get good enough someday to make a guide similar to the "A Guide to Glaive" post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please don't hesitate to comment if you have anything to add/correct!

COMBOS:
    • LRL->LRL->LRL->LRL-> .... : This combo does not do much damage but it comes out quickly and is easily spammable. Ideal for use with the Q buff to quickly replenish stamina/hp.
    • LLRR -> LL : Highest DPS combo (about 1.5-2x as much damage as LLLRR). Ideal for use with the E buff. Can chain into other combos or repeated LLRR combos.
    • LLLRR : Decent damage combo ideal for high-mobility bosses or dungeon mobs. If it is difficult to hit the LLRR->LL combo on small or fast-moving bosses, it may be more beneficial to use this combo for higher overall DPS output. In addition, if you are unfamiliar with the boss's attack pattern, spamming LLLRR is a bit safer than LLRR->LL because there is a greater window for using the [TAB] dodge mid-attack.
    • LLLLR : (TBA) Seems useless to me tbh. Will update when figuring out how to use this one. Update: hitting this gives you 1 Qi bar per enemy hit by it. Seems good to use on dungeon mobs or when you are at 0 Qi.

WHEN TO USE ACTIVES
    • Sudden Gust: Use whenever it is off cooldown. Best to use when you have enough Qi (1 bar) for the E buff. If you want to use it with the E or Q buff, the fastest I've gotten this one to activate is with LR->E->[active].
    • Paranormal Parasol: Use whenever it is off cooldown AND when the boss isn't going to move (charging attack, other players' ultimate, etc.). Best to use when you have at least 1 Qi bar filled so that you can use the E buff for it. LR->E->[active] is the fastest way I've gotten this ability to come out.
    • Flora Break: As long as this ability costs 150 SP, I don't think it is worth it to use at all. Blute Lynn has plenty of evasion techniques, so a block doesn't seem like a necessity.
    • Flower Power: This lets you use the Q and E buffs without spending Qi. If you have the Greater Mysterious Cat Statue artifact, you can use Flower Power at the beginning of a raid to get instant access to Q and E buffs.
    • Thorny Flower: This boosts your Q and E buffs. I use this buff every time it comes off cooldown.

MOVEMENT
    • Charged sprint: Still seems like this the best way to cover extremely large distances
    • R->R->R-> ... : This one seems to be ideal for covering distances too short for charged sprint but too long to spam dodges
    • [dodge]+L+[dodge]+L+[dodge]+L+... : Ideal for quickly covering short-medium distances. This combo lets you easily outrun things like Eochaid's or Dullahan's red circles without having end-animations like [dodge]+[dodge] does.
    • [dodge]+[dodge]->[dodge]+[dodge]->[dodge]+[dodge]->... : Not ideal for covering large distances because of the rest animation after the second dodge.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Please don't hesitate to comment if you have anything to add/correct!

RL is a shortcut to LLL. It covers some distance, safe (can block hit), and take you to a more damaging combo faster than double dodging or triple L.

R dash is a good way to block and dodge incoming hit and put you behind the enemy and shortcut to more damaging combo. Just don't do it too late or too early, there is some vulnerable frames in the middle. Practice the timing. You can R->R->R until it's safe to follow it up with L and finishing the damage combo.

The L followup on LLLLR or RLLR is a very damaging hit (if what you're hitting is in range) especially if you enhance it with E.
    AltairShadow
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I just use LLRL all the time. Maybe rarely LRL if there isn't enough time.