[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where'd the difficulty go?

AlchimiaAlchimia
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
Hey, so I used to play in the Beta and....the first 6 months? Somewhere around there. Anyways what I always enjoyed about vindictus was the party play and the difficulty. Problem is....there doesn't seem to be any diffuculty anymore.

The party play is lacking, yes, but that's just a matter of finding people to play with again, no big. The real dealbreaker is how bland the game has become.

My first memories of the gnoll chieften was the epic challenge with everyone tugging him down and whacking him inbetween him going crazy and 2 shotting people with kicks and spins. I stayed in his face the ENTIRE TIME i faced him this time and he didn't once kick me away. Also was it just me or were his attacks...slower? There was no sense of impending doom, everything was just mindnumbingly easy - till I realized I was playing only on normal mode.

After that it was STILL mindnumbingly easy. Where did level 50 hero mode or, heck, hard mode go?

Stood in front of the wisp boss and got hit on pupose....1/11th of my hp gone. As I was playing spellblade all I have to do is literally press tab and spam left click to win.

Is there a certain level where this...goes away? Are raids still crazy difficult? What about gauntlets? What level can I expect bosses 2 or 1 shotting me again?

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Welcome to the newer Vindictus post rise.

There has been many topics and thread created that Vindictus has become casual due to.... no idea. DEV CAT / NEXON Director decided instead a dark souls lite combat, it should be a mobile club penguin game so more people who...

But in short
    - no more 8 man raids except RAR and Redeemers, MAX 4
    - Season 1 and 2 "Raid" fight are now normal battles and do not offer the seals
    - Gauntlet, hard mode and labyrinth removed and Hero mode is limited to S3
    - Enchanting and enchancing are only for lv 80 gear and above.
    - Bosses attacks has been removed and basically has too Easy mode hp
    - Once you reached 95, doing lower season stuff is almost pointless since no GOLD is rewarded cause it is easier to do that then ban gold farmer bots
    - But hey a rank 7 es will not blow up weapon, but no more double boom weapons any more. It is boom and that it.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited March 12, 2018
    There's a "game mode" called ein lacher where you get different rewards based on how many times you get hit. As long as you are not fiona, you will struggle to get gold medals on all 80 battles, I would say obtaining all of them is the hardest thing in the game. Not combat related, but spear master minigame in alban festival is hard too, but unlike ein lacher you only have to do it one time for the title.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Main issue with Ein solos is that DMC, Bayonetta, Nier, etc., do it better. If I wanted the only challenge in the game to be solo play I'd stick to those titles. Rise has finished bottoming out the population in a way that even the region locking post-Nexon Launcher/post-merge couldn't do. GG Nexon, crit to player base is super effective.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    - Gauntlet, hard mode and labyrinth removed and Hero mode is limited to S3

Incorrect, hero mode is not limited to just season 3.
    StormCrusher
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    new hero mode is a far cry to the pre-rise one though. post rise hero is just increasing boss hp, lowering damage dealt to boss and increasing boss attack. What happened to hero mode being faster and an actual challenge? The fast variants of bosses were thrown into abyssal or 'special' raids only.
    SaintGuinness
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited March 12, 2018
    Niflheim is a set of battles you might find worth checking out, it was released as optional challenge content when season 2 was done. The idea is that you can't use graces and you permenently die after 3 deaths. The first two battles also feature a sort of remade Succubus and Blood Lord battle.

It's been through a few revisions since release; you were originally unable to revive at all after dying on hard mode. At one point they removed the attack cap for Niflheim, but the bosses ended up dying way too fast so they readded it and buffed the boss hp by a lot. Currently it's just not suitable for level 80 players (that's when it unlocks) and the fights can really drag on if the party's additional damage is low. I'd recommend giving it a try once you get your free +10 gear at level 90.

It's still among my favourite content in the game, but sadly there's only 3 Niflheim battles. There's so many old bosses they could've worked with for it but they ended up going with Ein Lacher as the "throwback" mode but that gets pretty boring as it's a solo only deal.
    StormCrusher
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    new hero mode is a far cry to the pre-rise one though. post rise hero is just increasing boss hp, lowering damage dealt to boss and increasing boss attack. What happened to hero mode being faster and an actual challenge? The fast variants of bosses were thrown into abyssal or 'special' raids only.

Very true, current hero mode is nothing compared to older hero modes. Remember quad speed Thor? Whooooweee that was difficult, but at least the Season 2 hero mode "raids" re-implement the original mechanics that were removed from the normal versions. IE: Cromm's clones, statues, and final attack. They're a fun solo at least.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Also the actually reward for Hero mode i find not worth it. A Hero box drops containing Enhancement elixir, paradise stone or junk, if lucky it is +1 raid pass. There no increase of rare drop at all.
  • ToxicFishToxicFish
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I really do miss old hard mode tbh. Very hard, but also really fun and the drops were worth it. I remember Hero Hidden being a blast around 60 cap.
  • rondomizarondomiza
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    well...i think there is still a challenge for those who want it. It's just before rise you kinda got it by default but now you gotta do something.
    Just throw away HP potions and GG, grab your free gear (you can add Fast ES in the mix) and go dancing solo with Regina & co. It will be fun i promise :) you can get even nastier and go soloing the Specials :)
    but seriously people are complaining about the game is being not challenging enough at the same time refusing to downgarde themself....hardcore players indeed! yeah...i know i know that +10 is not sexy at all i need my +15 :)
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    rondomiza wrote: »
    well...i think there is still a challenge for those who want it. It's just before rise you kinda got it by default but now you gotta do something.
    Just throw away HP potions and GG, grab your free gear (you can add Fast ES in the mix) and go dancing solo with Regina & co. It will be fun i promise :) you can get even nastier and go soloing the Specials :)
    but seriously people are complaining about the game is being not challenging enough at the same time refusing to downgarde themself....hardcore players indeed! yeah...i know i know that +10 is not sexy at all i need my +15 :)

You're missing the op's point, it's the content pre-s3 that's been dumbed down or cut up. Newer players won't experience the hardships, teamplay and fun s1 and s2 offered and won't be prepared to face s3 either. This is a multiplayer game after all and leveling Miri i rushed s1 and s2 alone with 1 death (havan sandstorm). I imagine a party would be total overkill even if made entirely out of newbies. 90 levels of content made irrelevant in one update.

Gnoll chieftain, Irukul, yetis, Weeping Queen, the 2 spider bosses, Bloodlord, hero gnolls bosses, Colru, dragons, motherbleeping Keaghan, Titan, Ingkells, hero Cloyan and Silberin, Glas, Lakoria and Kraken, pirates and Kielu, Iset, Lava and Crom, Ulchas etc, all these were challenging and impressive first times you encountered them. Now glorified mobs to be killed in less than a minute in most cases. The journey was fun imo, no need to sacrifice it apart from pleasing casuals (who are in for a nasty susprise at level 90). But hey, other games butchered their content too to make way for story mode progression, and at least there is Einrahur and Niflheim (ofc even these didn't escape dumbing down).

• Tifa888Tifa888
    Arishante wrote: »
    rondomiza wrote: »

You're missing the op's point, it's the content pre-s3 that's been dumbed down or cut up. Newer players won't experience the hardships, teamplay and fun s1 and s2 offered and won't be prepared to face s3 either. This is a multiplayer game after all and leveling Miri i rushed s1 and s2 alone with 1 death (havan sandstorm). I imagine a party would be total overkill even if made entirely out of newbies. 90 levels of content made irrelevant in one update.

Gnoll chieftain, Irukul, yetis, Weeping Queen, the 2 spider bosses, Bloodlord, hero gnolls bosses, Colru, dragons, motherbleeping Keaghan, Titan, Ingkells, hero Cloyan and Silberin, Glas, Lakoria and Kraken, pirates and Kielu, Iset, Lava and Crom, Ulchas etc, all these were challenging and impressive first times you encountered them. Now glorified mobs to be killed in less than a minute in most cases. The journey was fun imo, no need to sacrifice it apart from pleasing casuals (who are in for a nasty susprise at level 90). But hey, other games butchered their content too to make way for story mode progression, and at least there is Einrahur and Niflheim (ofc even these didn't escape dumbing down).

Exactly!!! I returned after like 2/3 years of hiatus and damn what do I see?empty boats, rufhing a chaarcter to lvl 90 and then get to the endgame content???? c'mon, no fun anymore, no 30 min. battles with 8 opalyers and get wrecked by the boss.....all the fun, all the hardships gone, RISE is a big fail.