[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lynn PvP

MithosxodaMithosxoda
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited June 22, 2017 in Lynn
Hey! Hello everyone.

Im actually Lynn lvl 36, i started playing this game with a friend this week ( he took Sylas ) and its pretty annoying that he simply rekts me all the match me make.

Pro Lynns here, ik its probably a bad matchup for me but i just want to do my best to win him, so if u can tell me some tips against him and how to use little rat correctly and thunderlegs when i should use it to dodge more with the i frame ( i think im fine in PvE but against Sylas its extremly difficult ) i would appreciate that!

I'll probably take Dark Night when i hit lvl 40 but i dont know the new skills u got from both paths with the RISE update so maybe i can take paladin if that grants me more options to win the fights.

Thank you for everyone who bother reading this post!

Comments

• AsannamiAsannami
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    About pvp, the game is unbalanced when it comes to that, some chars are extremelly difficult to defeat, unless your adversary is braindead, sadly i can't help you with advices on how to defeat him, never fought a sylas before, since i avoid doing pvp here ^^'
    Transformation, dark knight deal more dmg while paladin has higher def, many people just go with what they prefer in terms of visuals, i did that, so i went with paladin, and have no regrets, it's been useful and i dont think i lost anything by not choosing dark knight.
    Mithosxoda
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 22, 2017
    Learn Sylas' main smashes. Despite him being ranged, his attacks make him move forward, and that's when you want to get him with Dark Cloud. Thunderleg through his smashes to get the invulnerability buff for successfully dodging and Dark Cloud him, or Dark Cloud him before he gets his smash off. If you can knock him into the air with Dark Cloud then you can juggle him with Fishtail. More attack speed will allow you to juggle opponents longer - potentially enough to get a Full Bloom before they hit the ground, effectively executing them on detonation that follows.

Try to Little Rat into one of his smashes or projectiles to get the Windstep buff and try to keep it for when he tries to flee to a long distance so you can chase him down quickly by activating it. Control your stamina and don't spam your dodges needlessly.
    Asannami wrote: »
    Transformation, dark knight deal more dmg while paladin has higher def, many people just go with what they prefer in terms of visuals, i did that, so i went with paladin, and have no regrets, it's been useful and i dont think i lost anything by not choosing dark knight.

Due to the changes made to Transformation, there is almost no difference between Paladin and Dark Knight now. The only real differences in capabilities is that Paladin's Grasp will petrify minor enemies versus the Dark Knight's slow if you train that upgrade, and Paladin's active Conviction skill versus the Dark Knight's Fissure. The major factor when deciding should be on who you would like to PvP against in the future because there was a planned PvP mode where Dark Knights fight Paladins.
    Mithosxoda
  • PooStickPooStick
    Vindictus Rep: 865

Nope PVP Lynn isn't that bad at all. (Shameless self promoting) ^ :p
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    ^so abusing bug is what makes lynn good in pvp? Also runnin away the whole fight, waiting for LAD cd isn't enjoyable and if they were little good they would be using grab more often...
  • PooStickPooStick
    Vindictus Rep: 865
    Believe me not or not I did fine with lynn pvp before the bug as well. However there's a down side to this bug where little rat + wind step drains a lot of your sp. Dodge + R and killer dart also drains it a bit too. In pvp little rat + wind step is crucial to dodging many smash attacks especially karok's perma juggle but with little rat requiring sp consumption you are more vulnerable. So you have to make a trade off between being able to spam little rat + wind step or your sp skills, that is unless you get the infinite sp pot which is available in free match but not in arena. Having the cat artifact also gives you enough sp to spam your skills too. I gonna be honest that sp bug did made it easier to ditch out a ton of damage :s