[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Wrong Book Category

ElyrElyr
Vindictus Rep: 2,430
in Bug Reporting
It's now been a while since Spellbooks have finally been made for all characters, however their category is completely wrong:

h3yQFoK.png
MDNv7Re.png

As show in the pictures, they're categorized as Totems. However, a book is not a totem, this is a totem: 1200px-Kwakiutl1.jpg
Also, looking for "Totem Definition" on Google gives the following results:
noun
a natural object or an animate being, as an animal or bird, assumed as the emblem of a clan, family, or group.
an object or natural phenomenon with which a family or sib considers itself closely related.
a representation of such an object serving as the distinctive mark of the clan or group.

Perhaps the word the translator was looking for and missed by so few letter was Tomes? Let's take a look at the picture of a tome:
latest?cb=20110704065050
My, it truly looks like a book! Maybe searching "Tome Definition" on Google will give us an answer?
noun
a book, especially a very heavy, large, or learned book.
a volume forming a part of a larger work.

Oh my, it truly was supposed to be Tome instead of Totem, what a surprise!

I surely do hope for this wrong translation to be fixed, and for the translator to be fired and replaced with an actual competent person

Comments

• BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    Annoyed me too, also Lynns new Blute translation is whacked. (Battleshade .. seriously?!) I don't play in German, but no wonder they just dropped support for the German translations, if they can't even get English sorted lol
  • ElyrElyr
    Bump, come on Nexon, how hard is it to fix such a small error
  • ElyrElyr
    And it's still here