[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hammer FIfi needs.

LyfialLyfial
Vindictus Rep: 810
edited February 27, 2018 in Fiona
Stigma Hammer; can cancel into Shield Bash
Stigma Hammer; can cancel into Focal Point.
Guard rank 9 : Now also affect Hammer.
  1. About time4 votes
    1. Yes
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Yes x2
       75% (3 votes)

Comments

• LyfialLyfial
    Funny how Sword can

Amaranth > Deflect > Amaranth > Ivy Sweep > Deflect> ivy Sweep> INTO
    1 block > counter 2x > Hit, hit, Amaranth...... .........~!!!!!
    2 Shield Back > hit hit > Amaranth .....................!!!!

Yet Hammer cant do none of those. Cannot cancel Stigma hammer, Cannot RECOVER by canceling afterhit animation with SP skills, cannot use Guard R9 passive to start from 3rd hit after Block.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    If you are so desperate to make hammer a Longsword duplicate , why not just play Longsword directly already.

Hammer is very strong especially after the rebalancing, leave her alone please
  • LyfialLyfial
    edited February 27, 2018
    are you retarded ? I play fiona from relase. LIke 4-5 years. I mained Hammer when you, boy, didnt know what Vindictus is. And too many Fifis quit this game because of the Love and Fluidity that Sword gets, and hammer doesnt.

Good Hammer fiona had permanent Slashing High on, so this change doesnt do much for us. Its a notable change for people with low skillcap who cant keep their SP up. I guess you are in that group. And by "she is fine" I guess that you ment that one change. Which is , wow... I'm so amazed at your expirience of the calss.

First of all, 4 basic hits of hammer and sword are same. and 3 smash patterns are same. 90% of the SP spells and passives are same as well for both weapons. If you didnt notice, or dont play fiona, noob, its only after addition of the Slashing-high combo few patches ago , that Hammer got some difference in playing than Sword. By some, i mean very little. If you excuse swords ability to :

Guard R9 utility
    Deflection Abyse with last Smash (3 sec window to re-use amaranth)
    Sp spells can cancel ANY animation. Giving her fluidity and diverse combos, when played properly. You can flow whole time.
    Counterattack that is stronger than Stigma hammer, Instacast, no build up, just pure counter-DMG ownage.
    Spaming Focal Point for amazing DPS boost and AOE clears.
    Faster attacks and Animations, less defensless window
    Lower Hit -dellays. ( till last patch)
    20-30% higher DPS than Hammer even when NOT targeted by boss (if played by good Fiona)

So before you open your mouth, and say how Hammer is very strong now, go play her some. And if you do. Than you are very under skilled to realise her flaws so please dont comment. ty. bb.
    Hammer is way to similar and depends on same factors in fight like Sword, to NOT have same benefits from passives they BOTH USE.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    edited February 27, 2018
    Didnt that guy above you luck out to like 323 different +15 weapon and armor pieces? Everything feels godmode at that point. And when you get that kind of luck, you kind of go blind for all the flaws. Ive been there. (only got 321 pieces though)
  • LyfialLyfial
    Everyone can grind up gear. I used to play with +10 wep when most geared people used +15, back when S2 was new content. And even than I was invited to many active guilds because I rarely outdpsed those people, but I certainly outpreformed them hard, because I was running like 3-5% behind them at most. It ignites my rage when I see someone who doesn't even know the class say "leave her alone please" or "just play Longsword" thing. Its like if you compared Quality of Sword Hurk , and pointed out why Teide sucks, and someone told you, go play Sword already.. It hurts to hear such ignorance.

I didnt suggest a NERF, to a class, but a buff. And a quality of life one, which as a very very expirienced Fiona player who exchanged thoughts and expiriences with tons of other good Fifis and korean streamers, think its very much needed. But the problem for this guy is. He is either sword Fiona, and one of those guys who cant stand if you outpreformed sword with hammer, or no Fiona at all, and just wants his class to do most DPS.

Thing is, I, as 90% hammer Fifis, dont give a crap about DPS. We play Fiona because we enjoy the technical obstacles, or slower movement and clutch deflection gameplay. So I don't see why would someone cry about a Quality of Life buff, if his only concern isnt something like "fiona already does more dmg than X char" .

Lastly, Fiona, is among bottom DPSers, if played in Group. Arisha, Hurk, Kai, Lynn(pro one) , Evie, Delia, can if played at same skill Easily outdps Fiona. And on top of that have much needed spamable Invulnerability frames and other QOL features. Example, Arisha's perma invulnerability or Sylas's Imba movement and re-positioning.
    So yeah... This is a Team, CO-Op game. We fight together vs NPC. Who cares if somsone got bigger numbers than you do. It just means he will HELP YOU kill boss faster. DPS depends from boss to boss, and situation to situation. Put Sword Fiona (hammer not even close) or Vella alone in a Room with a boss, and they will prob outDps anyone. But in a Raid things change a lot.

If you would ask for a Teide to get a buff, in any technical , gameplay related zone, i would gladly think about it and support you. Why would I bash Arisha player who can dish almost top DPS, if he makes a post "Please improve positioning with mana tracer and Warp hole, so it doesnt bug often" . Its a quality change that would help a lot of Arisha players probably and I would support it.

for other people who wanna measure their E-pen, ego or whatever in a team game with almost no pvp... by slapping their vallets or numbers on the screen which can change a lot depending on situation... those guys should go play CS, Blade and Soul Arenas, Dota, LoL... Go play competitive games, show us how good you are.
    Now we have Ein lacher. Show me how good you are by obtaining "Golden God" tittle, with better times than other from you Class. and not by doing highest % with X class on X boss. Just my 5 cents.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited February 27, 2018
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/8016/fiona-tweak-for-hammer
    HA same guy again. Very persistent.

I was a hammer main and been uploading a lot of hammer solos, she was always one of the top tier soloer in most raids. After this patch Hammer solos are even getting to the point where she could challenge LS at some degree.

got a neam clear right away with the buff she's got , didn't even practise much since nearly a year.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/13705/eu-hammer-fiona-neamhain-solo

I'm very satisfied with the buff she's got. I believe a lot of other real hammer fiona players would agree too. the title should be "I need" instead of "hammer needs"
  • LyfialLyfial
    edited February 28, 2018
    So you wouldn't want for the class you play to get a quality of life buff ? 50 people I talked to, agree that she would greatly benefit that change, and than comes one guy who says she doesnt ? Hammer will NEVER be able to challenge LS. IN clear time, In utility, or Flow of combat itself. Sword got 3x better kit to deal with any boss, and ways to deliver damage, than Hammer does.
    hammer :
    -needs more time to set up main dmg spell.
    - has much shorter deflect windows unlike sword who can deflect 3 sec after Amaranth to repeat it. Stigma is cancelable only in first 0.2 seconds.
    - Can avoid unblockable or special attacks in middle of 4th smash with Shield Bash.
    - Cant utilize focal point fully like sword. even tho they BOTH Use SAME SPELL.
    - recovers 2x slower from interupts than sword does
    - deals 3x lower dmg from counterattack, its like Another Stigma hammer hit whenever you counter with SWORD... absurd.
    - has ultra repetitive gameplay (3rd smash combo) unlike sword who can utilize other attacks or change any part of their main combo to suit situation.
    - cant utilize half the passives that they BOTH FREKING USE. Sad...
    - Needs to combo Shield Dash, Focal, and so on to get out of HUGE animation locks that hammer has. As you proved yourself in your video. Its a pain to watch that you gotta wait 1.5 sec after stigma hammer, to even Begin casting Shield Dash to cancel out of the animation itself..... Its Stupid!
    - lastly, got no real buffs or changes like Sword does every patch. Only reason I quit Vindictus was because of the huge discrimination of the Hammer. If I have to time Stigma Hammer to perfection, to unleash the hitbox less than 0.2 sec before being attacked, to deflect it and repeat it... Unlike Sword who can chill ballz, after deflect and than still repeat its attack... I want to be at least able to use same Technical advantages Sword can. That after deflected Stigma, I can cancel out the animation with Shield BAsh in clutch situations and dodge incoming attack while continuing to do my thing.
    - Its especialy notable in faster bosses who have 2-3 chain attacks. Stigma, Deflect, Stigma, Get hit. It should be Stigma > deflect > Stigma > SHield Bash(dodge) and continue bashing normaly.
    - Look at yourself. You are almost non stop in Slashing High, you got the mechanics of the class. This update brought nothing except a hit dellay for hammer, which isnt the biggest thing she needs. Above mentioned are. I watched many of your videos as I quited playing this crap of the game. And you are like me, perma SH-ing through the fight.. This change that you can always do SH combo.. means NOTHING to skilled fiona. Thats my point.
    - so yeah.. we got nothing except a little on-hit dellay buff, which as I said, In most situations didnt affect our gameplay that much.

Whole point of Fiona is to constantly sit in boss face, attaccking, Deflecting, and doing her thing. look at this example how sword can constantly deflect and Chain things, (from 6th min upwards)
    2 Focals right after Amaranth to cancel out and deal dmg, Deflect, into another TWO focals, which you can chain in smth else.... Im mean rly... And this guy is playing her around -80% of her true capability.

And now look how you gotta torture yourself in your video. You have to limit your capability and skill as a player, because your class doesnt let you unleash it all. You have to preserve many deflected stigmas, because you know that the animation lock after it will cost you A LOT. you have to preserve many deflected Stigmas because you know that You wont be able to catch the boss up on time with Shield Charge/Dash because of the delay... She is too static, too stiff, its not hammer.... Imagine how good could you preform if you could Stigma > Deflect > Stigma > Shield Bash > 3rd hit , 4th, Stigma ..... Using shield bash to cancel deflected Stigma immediately or Timing Shield Charge/Dash The moment you start Swinging the attack, so you could fill up the Bar almost immediately after hit to reposition or move or chase.... Posibilities are endless like Sword has them all this time.

Thats what is sad mate. I don't care if Sword does more dmg, I dont care if hammer does more dmg... i care that Hammer players are LIMITED in many ways and robed of their true potential because of the simple limitations of the class. Because Korean Stupid Dev treats Stigma Hammer as ultimate weapon of destruction, which it really isnt.

Your stand point of opinion comes from that , that hammer can be close to cleartimes of Sword. Which is not important at all. Dont even think about that. No one cares. I am saying that after all this years Hammer still didnt get any REAL buff, and technical improvement that it should long ago, since it shares 90% spells with Sword. Yet has some weird un needed limitations on those for no reason. IF you can also use Focal, Shield dash, Shield bash, charge .. why do you have to use bad versions of them, why hammer cant cancel our its last smash to be fluid.
    Be honest, what did you really got from last patch ? You were pema SH earler too, you could use Butterfly combo non stop as well... so there is nothing new.
    Only thing that you could feel is the hit-delay, which as I said, is good, but not more important than the features I mentioned, and tried for Years to reach DEVNOOB about. Even Junyoop and Afkalmighty among some others, mentioned same things, in one of their streams about Fiona changes. That they are changin some unimportant things, and not the main issues that persisted for years. And wondered where do they even get the Fiona feedback from??
    (dont even wanna get into cosmetic sides of attacks and how sword uses her Sword, Shield, Kicks, alas hammer only repeats Butterfly combo)
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    - has much shorter deflect windows unlike sword who can deflect 3 sec after Amaranth to repeat it. Stigma is cancelable only in first 0.2 seconds.
    How about giving LS a charged Amaranth kick huh? Charging makes stigma much more forgiving in timing.

- Can avoid unblockable or special attacks in middle of 4th smash with Shield Bash.
    Lmao if it's unblockable shiedbash won't help you either.

Wanna give LS 3 smash combos like hammer too? you gain something and you lose something meanwhile, it's called diversity sir.

Lastly I'm nothing like you, I don't complain any of the buff hammer's buff, She's very viable and finally stands out to be a real different kind of Fionas. I don't expect any of the LS kits apply to her, and please no , she's great the way she is already.

I'm done, happy quitting :)
  • LyfialLyfial
    Samalenko wrote: »
    How about giving LS a charged Amaranth kick huh? Charging makes stigma much more forgiving in timing.

Lmao if it's unblockable shiedbash won't help you either.

Wanna give LS 3 smash combos like hammer too? you gain something and you lose something meanwhile, it's called diversity sir.

Lastly I'm nothing like you, I don't complain any of the buff hammer's buff, She's very viable and finally stands out to be a real different kind of Fionas. I don't expect any of the LS kits apply to her, and please no , she's great the way she is already.

I'm done, happy quitting :)

1. Not, rly, since you delay you Dps charging up Stigma, as the damage bonus is lower than using that time to build up another combo. And even if you do, you can delay Amaranth by delaying first 4 attacks slowly. and than smashing on time. Or even after smashing, have 3 seconds to deflect right back into it.

2 There are few attacks that cannot be blocked with shield but Shield Bash can. Main issue isnt even that but the ability to CANCEL OUT OF ANIMATION LOCK OF STIGMA HAMMER AFTER DEFLECTION.

3. Diversity, is giving hammer its own spell. Not giving her same spell with less utility. Sword can cancel out of Amaranth with it, and even chain it. I only ask for Hammer to be able to use it to cancel out of deflected Stigma hammer with it. thats all.
  • AkoszAkosz
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Funny thread thanks for the entertainment
  • ToxicFishToxicFish
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I honestly agree with OP. Fiona was my second char (created her about 6 years ago), and have played her on and off since. I'm by no means a pro as I haven't played the game that consistently over the past year or two, but the advantages sword has over hammer are quite obvious. There was a short time when hammer pulled out ahead on sandbags back in her spin2win days of 60(?) cap, but otherwise sword has always been the stronger choice.

And as OP said, recent changes have only made the gap wider. It makes absolutely 0 sense why sword's counter does as much as an uncharged stigma while having no risk whatsoever. No matter how well you can play hammer, you will never catch up to that dps disparity alone. Now couple that with the other points Lyfial mentioned above and it makes you wonder why the devs have left things as they are for so long now. Its not about making hammer a sword clone, it's just about making their dps potential comparable.
  • LyfialLyfial
    Even if Sword was ment in some dev's head to do more dps. And they gave us Hammers, same spells as swords , unlike other classes who got separate SP spells for two weapons. We lack technical advantage. which is crucial. Fluidity.

Shield Bash: Can cancel Stigma Hammer.
    Shield Bash: After using shield bash, your next attacks starts from 3rd hit. (Like swords)

Shiled Charge: Can cancel Stigma Hammer.
    Focal Point: Can cancel Stigma Hammer.

It is main point of playing hammer, to be able to Stigma > Deflect> Stigma > ShieldBASH /Focal/ Charge.
    To be able to cancel out of your Deflected Stigma hammer after hit, and cover that HUGE animation lock that will leave you vulnerable for whole second or more.

Especialy for bosses who got 2 -3 hit chains. This alone would give us so much more mobility and ability to react to bosses movement and attacks, and be more fulid, that its hard to even put it in words.