[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Don't you hate it when you die in a raid...

RaynidayzRaynidayz
Vindictus Rep: 445
in General Discussion
..and no one revives you until after the boss is dead?

Kind of pisses me off tbh. What kind of teammates do that >.>

inb4 "git gud" comments.
JinyiemisakamisakaSaphreeSir_RenderISnatchMoney

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    well maybe reviving nowadays is kinda pointless since the raids usually last around 2-3 minutes now :c personally I only revive if it's Dullahan... and I guess I would in neamhain but I haven't done it in like 100 years :(
    Prettyy
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    i have the opposite issue. People die but by the time the boss stops hugging their body they already graced back life. (doesn't help we get graces like candy nowadays instead of good freebies)
    Sir_RenderSlothPrincessDokkunWilko
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    I still try to revive someone when I can.
    Understandably, finding an opening to revive someone can be an issue, but it's not entirely all too difficult.

My issue is when not reviving is justified by "you got freely carried" or "you should have GGs".
    Admittedly, there are ways to get GGs at no costs through events, but I won't let that deter me from my practices of reviving someone.
    In my case I have tons of alts and not all of them will have GGs, so if I somehow do become incapacitated, I'd want someone to revive me.
    I don't care if I'm getting a "free ride" as the point of my being online in this game and in a battle is to play and not sit there while someone else plays it for me.

One can argue that it's my fault for getting incapacitated in the first place, but in a game like Vindictus it's something that's bound to happen to anyone. We do have Phoenix Feathers and Party Feathers for that reason afterall. While raids can last as quick as below five minutes, there will still be ones that do last longer depending on stats. Usually in those raids, someone is more likely to be incapacitated.

I guess these days, most players want to be on the top of the DPS ladder or get 40%+ damage for that one extra Evil Core.
    It's rather saddening to think that as the only worry we had years ago was if we'd beat a raid at all without a complete party wipe or not defeating the boss within the timer. Time changes and at times for the worse.
    ExAnonymousmisakamisakaEiriSaphreeSlothPrincess
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Elitist scum dont revive. Takes like 2 seconds, big deal.
    YeahYea1Raynidayz
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Jeyem wrote: »
    Elitist scum dont revive. Takes like 2 seconds, big deal.

I revive folks, but what really annoys me is the folks that refuse to use hp pots, even when they can now equip them in battle ;-) Worse are the ones in nilf.
    BabyDani
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    I'm guilty of not reviving people sometimes. Mostly because I'm not paying enough attention. 90% of the time I'm doing raids, my brain is turned off and I'm watching an episode/stream of something on the other monitor. Kind of hard to stay engaged when you're doing the same raid for the 857th time.
    RaynidayzDokkun
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's a pain. Bosses tend to hug dead bodies, and with a smaller group the likelihood of having regular flinches and interrupts is lower than ever. I res if the chance comes up, but it's not always as easy as it was before.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    I said it before...this 40% extra core is ruining my raid experience. Not completely, but to some degree it's noticeable in these cases. I try to revive whenever I can and don't when people don't press f2. And sometimes when I'm just completely done with my team/angery I go for top deeps because I need all the help I can get lol. I don't like the GG excuse since previous events required multiple characters and not everyone is ap capped so the ap shop shouldn't even be touched unless it's for VIP and Dyes cuz end game. Honestly would rather have a smooth run than an additional core though so that extra person to dps is more important to me.
    Sir_RenderWilkoIcygoddess
  • YeahYea1YeahYea1
    Vindictus Rep: 925
    I don't revive and I don't die. Because I need to do enough dps to rise my self steem and believe i am the best because i got top 1 and the rest is dead.
    Arishante
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    YeahYea1 wrote: »
    I don't revive and I don't die. Because I need to do enough dps to rise my self steem and believe i am the best because i got top 1 and the rest is dead.

dats pretty sad +shy
    ExAnonymousRaynidayz
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    What bothers me the most is when you're raiding and you make a mistake and die (i.e. abom chaining, glas portal). Then you ask for help like 4-5 times and no one comes to revive you even though you're at the side of the map where it's easy to get feathered. AND THEN AFTER THE RAID IS DONE THEY COME TO REVIVE YOU. Like, what even is the point in playing.. if you can't play the game.

Reviving? Pointless? Some of us just want to play the game and enjoy the raid. Yeah, since rise happened raids are shorter than they used to be. But isn't it better to be able to fight the boss instead of staring at your incapacitated character for the entirety of it? If someone is dead and the boss is stepping over them, you can keep dpsing if you want. But the moment you can, the moment the boss gets out the range of them and you have a chance to help them get up, at least have the courtesy to try to revive them. It takes at most 5 seconds to revive someone when it's safe to do so.

Some of us play on alts so we don't exactly have the abundance of graces that people say we SHOULD have. Stop being so elitist about that stupid extra core from damage % and contribute a few seconds of your day to helping others that have trouble.
    iMiniJinyieYeahYea1EiriRaynidayzWilko
  • ExAnonymousExAnonymous
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    well maybe reviving nowadays is kinda pointless since the raids usually last around 2-3 minutes now :c personally I only revive if it's Dullahan... and I guess I would in neamhain but I haven't done it in like 100 years :(

I hope you're talking about s2 raids otherwise I don't agree with you +haha. S3 raids for me averages around 10 minutes unless everyone in the party has like 28+ atk.. :(
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830

Can't tell if sarcasm...
    What bothers me the most is when you're raiding and you make a mistake and die (i.e. abom chaining, glas portal). Then you ask for help like 4-5 times and no one comes to revive you even though you're at the side of the map where it's easy to get feathered. AND THEN AFTER THE RAID IS DONE THEY COME TO REVIVE YOU. Like, what even is the point in playing.. if you can't play the game.

Reviving? Pointless? Some of us just want to play the game and enjoy the raid. Yeah, since rise happened raids are shorter than they used to be. But isn't it better to be able to fight the boss instead of staring at your incapacitated character for the entirety of it? If someone is dead and the boss is stepping over them, you can keep dpsing if you want. But the moment you can, the moment the boss gets out the range of them and you have a chance to help them get up, at least have the courtesy to try to revive them. It takes at most 5 seconds to revive someone when it's safe to do so.

Some of us play on alts so we don't exactly have the abundance of graces that people say we SHOULD have. Stop being so elitist about that stupid extra core from damage % and contribute a few seconds of your day to helping others that have trouble.

100% agree. Plz rez your hookers :#
    Noburo
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling

well... I only play ONE character and that is Arisha and I have no more... than 6 graces :O also when I die (mainly on Dullah cuz he hits hard) I just... go to youtube or something :O if they revive me then good I keep playing, if not then it's fine I still get drops o-o if u really get that salty over people not rezing you.... there's nothing u can actually do about it :O just buy more graces if u really wanna stay alive... OR use HP pots :O after a recent update they're like merc pots now that it doesn't have an animation so it should be easier to stay alive +shy .
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    OR use HP pots :O after a recent update they're like merc pots now that it doesn't have an animation so it should be easier to stay alive +shy .

Use pots when you die from failing abom chain? Huh.
    YeahYea1EiriSaphreeJinyie
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    OR use HP pots :O after a recent update they're like merc pots now that it doesn't have an animation so it should be easier to stay alive +shy .

Use pots when you die from failing abom chain? Huh.

well I feel ur pain, not so long ago I died about 6 times in less than a minute in abom :O maybe I did something wrong idk but I still think SOMETIMES the chains can glitch...
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Since no one cared to say it: git gud.
    Saphree
  • YeahYea1YeahYea1
    Vindictus Rep: 925

dats pretty sad +shy

Then you must be pretty depressing
    EiriSaphree
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    edited February 27, 2018

dats pretty sad +shy

Then you must be pretty depressing

if I got #1 cuz everyone was dead why would I be proud of it? :O if anything I barely get #1 anymore cuz I've been playing mainly Overwatch and got rusty AF and I don't feel like getting into Vindi as much as before so this isn't the case. also if everyone died it means their gear is kinda low so that's another reason to NOT be proud of getting #1 :O
    Raynidayz
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Arishante wrote: »
    Since no one cared to say it: git gud.

Abo chain lag, glas spear bugging out, ppl stealing your tathum shizzle at lugh and no trans, good luck tryna git gud at that.
    RaynidayzSlothPrincess