[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rest in Peace Bed Sheet Bandit~

Sir_RenderSir_Render
Vindictus Rep: 1,720
edited February 21, 2018 in General Discussion
I knew you well but with this change you are no longer any fun
at least you'll still give me 100 attack or so
but it's time for you to sleep

Dream of another time when you could take any of the big baddies to bed, and rest well

Comments

• JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    wut
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    ssxWh7W.png
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Jeyem wrote: »
    wut

Karok Can no longer clash multiple times in a battle
    it was the whole point of the character for me

My Karok was Known as the Bed sheet Bandit because he Wore a giant bed sheet as a cape
    BabyDani
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Karok main here too. If they are gonna nerf a skill of Karok's that much, and especially if its a team-helping skill, then they need to give him another skill or a buff in another area to compensate for that. Why give Karok a nerfed team-helping skill, when that skill slot can be used for something else on Karok's character?

I dont like this KR director.
    Sir_RenderStormCrusher
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Karok main here too. If they are gonna nerf a skill of Karok's that much, and especially if its a team-helping skill, then they need to give him another skill or a buff in another area to compensate for that. Why give Karok a nerfed team-helping skill, when that skill slot can be used for something else on Karok's character?

They did buff him in another area, after the clash you get an atk speed boost
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    they need to give him another skill or a buff in another area to compensate for that.

Lanns complained just like that, they got absolute trash fury. So, be careful what you wish for...
    LoLoBooty
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    I would really preffer if they would just drop the probabilty to get double dmg. It has a major affect on the overall dmg but no affect on gameplay. Why making it less fun to play instead of just lowering the dmg done?..
    Sir_Render
    Elyr wrote: »

This buff doesn't work in lots of cases, thats not much of a compensation
  • ElyrElyr
    edited February 23, 2018

This buff doesn't work in lots of cases, thats not much of a compensation

I don't play Karok so I don't really know, but in what way it doesn't work? Afaik the Karok that used clash receives the extra speed for all the time the cool down is up
    1. When karok clashes only he gets the buf, doesn't apply to all karoks in party. So, if there are more than 1 karok in party you have to 'fight' for the extra speed
    2. In lots of cases you can't clash the boss or battle is too short to clash so you don't even bother. Hard to use on royal if at all (cuz you cant taunt) , same with special battles, half of ein bosses are unclashable, redeemers, nifleheim..
  • ElyrElyr
    1. When karok clashes only he gets the buf, doesn't apply to all karoks in party. So, if there are more than 1 karok in party you have to 'fight' for the extra speed
    2. In lots of cases you can't clash the boss or battle is too short to clash so you don't even bother. Hard to use on royal if at all (cuz you cant taunt) , same with special battles, half of ein bosses are unclashable, redeemers, nifleheim..

Thought the "buff doesn't work" was meant as in it somehow was bugged, but yeah, second point in particular is the one that makes me say the cooldown on clash barely changes anything. Every holding skill was already reduced to once per battle, so it was just a matter of time before the same happened to clash. I think the only one left is Kai's Prey Dive, wonder how long it'll take for it to be changed too
    StormCrusher
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They also stripped his buffs of helping movement. Only affects actual attacks now, not rolls, dodges, etc. Director sucks.
    Sir_RenderStormCrusher
  • ElyrElyr
    They also stripped his buffs of helping movement. Only affects actual attacks now, not rolls, dodges, etc. Director sucks.

Afaik, that was a bug that was never addressed until now, might be wrong though
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

Wasn't described as such in KR from what I saw, it was simply something the director decided on. Karok has functioned that way for years now. "Fixing" Kai's roll was annoying. This change is character crippling considering that he's full on melee. Just one more way the game is becoming trash. Taking away mobility and speed on an action combat title?
    Sir_Render
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    This is the director that gave us RISE so i'm not surprised. He's really dumb.
    Sir_Render
  • ElyrElyr
    edited February 24, 2018

Wasn't described as such in KR from what I saw, it was simply something the director decided on. Karok has functioned that way for years now. "Fixing" Kai's roll was annoying. This change is character crippling considering that he's full on melee. Just one more way the game is becoming trash. Taking away mobility and speed on an action combat title?

I've checked the original Karok revamp patch notes, and it stated bison stance increases only atk speed. Compare it with Werewolf Paw, where it clearly says it boosts both (movement) speed and attack speed. Jp will get the same update the 28th, I'm gonna check their patch notes since it's the closest server, translation wise, with kr I know, but till then I won't consider the boosted movement speed as anything but a bug that's been fixed. Let's also not forget that other atk speed boosting skills don't touch movement speed at all, so it'd make no sense for only Karok to receive a movement speed boost