[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Anime Series

TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
Vindictus Rep: 2,655
edited November 14, 2016 in General Discussion

Do you think Vindictus with its current storyline would make for a decent anime series if created by the right people?

1. Would you watch it?103 votes
    1. Yes
       42% (43 votes)
    2. No
       18% (19 votes)
    3. Maybe
       14% (14 votes)
    4. Depends on the quality in every aspect of production
       26% (27 votes)

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    LOL no. <3
    Novufluffyninja
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    They could focus on the story and that will be real gud. Until the second season in Malina where the entire anime goes downhill.
    GewelliriousTheGreatCreidne
  • SaniteeSanitee
    Vindictus Rep: 2,205
    I already get hit really hard with the feels whenever I hear the Season 1 credit theme song.

I don't want to know how messed up an anime would leave me.

GhengisJohnfluffyninja
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited November 14, 2016
    If Vindictus was an anime, it would probably be poorly done or that it would be missing key details. A visual novel of Vindictus might work better.
    TheGreatCreidne
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Sanitee
    Sanitee said:

I already get hit really hard with the feels whenever I hear the Season 1 credit theme song.

I don't want to know how messed up an anime would leave me.

You know, I didn't even think about the sad parts ( ._.)

• EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Another thing is how would you introduce the characters? And when?

Lann and Fiona would obviously start the anime off, with Evie and Karok coming shortly after. But then when would Kai come in? Lynn? Sylas? Delia? Hurk and Vella would come with S2 (and all the...ahem...that Kraken comes with).

Then the aforementioned feels trips with Ainle and Gwynn. And they'd somehow make Riordan even more hateable than thought possible.

Now I don't know if I DON'T want an anime.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited November 15, 2016
    As somebody who's watched a lot of anime I can tell you exactly how we make this work. It's Lann's first day at Colhein High Academy Prep. On the way to school he meets this weird girl named Fiona running with a hammer in her mouth. They crash into each other then she tells him to watch where he's going! Instantly they hate each other. It turns out though that they're both headed to Colhein high and they BOTH have homeroom with Professor Aodhan! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? Since they already seem to know each other after Lann's EMBARASSING introduction, Fiona is tasked with helping Lann learn the ropes-- Did I forget to mention that Colhein High is a school where students LEARN TO BATTLE MONSTERS!?!

Complete originality and hilarious hijinks ensue.

Characters:

Fiona: Super serious about killing monsters. Tsundere.
    Delia: Petite but freakishly strong rich girl. Ends all her sentences in desu.
    Lynn: Wants to be a pop star.
    Arisha: Can't cook. Super Clumsy. Always falling down.
    Vella: Super forward. Immediately infatuated with Lann due to mutual love of twin swords. Always making backhanded remarks towards Fiona.
    Evie: Fiona's bookish best friend. She's snarky and super smart.
    Lann: Comical protagonist who came to the school by mistake. Decides he wants to learn how to be a hero but he still winds up knocked down a lot.
    Kai: Super cool guy who's actually not comfortable with people standing too close to him.
    Hurk: The affable lunkhead who talks in a countryside accent and uses oversized versions of everything.
    Sylas: Lann's flashy chief rival who somehow manages to always look cool.
    Karok: The black guy. He's an exchange student I think?
    Kishimoto: The junior gnoll chieftain who's always doing silly stuff in the background.

Colhein NPC's are scattered around as staff or other students. Gallagher is the lecherous photography teacher, Shayla is the slutty sexy nurse, Ceara and Marrec are always hanging out in the halls together, etc.

Hallmarks of the show include slutty outfitters, giant monsters and rousing music that plays every time somebody pops trans.

Trust me, animate this and you'll get at least 4 seasons out of it.
    TheGreatCreidneKourinNyxio2edgy4ujjXAyPoolTheDayInLoveKlmikoAqua22Niburuand 5 others.
  • NyxioNyxio
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    GhengisJohn

As somebody who's watched a lot of anime I can tell you exactly how we make this work. It's Lann's first day at Colhein High Academy Prep. On the way to school he meets this weird girl named Fiona running with a hammer in her mouth. They crash into each other then she tells him to watch where he's going! Instantly they hate each other. It turns out though that they're both headed to Colhein high and they BOTH have homeroom with Professor Aodhan! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? Since they already seem to know each other after Lann's EMBARASSING introduction, Fiona is tasked with helping Lann learn the ropes-- Did I forget to mention that Colhein High is a school where students LEARN TO BATTLE MONSTERS!?!

Characters:

Vella: Super forward. Immediately infatuated with Lann due to mutual love of twin swords. Always making backhanded remarks towards Fiona.
    Lann: Comical protagonist who came to the school by mistake. Decides he wants to learn how to be a hero but he still winds up knocked down a lot.
    Kai: Super cool guy who's actually not comfortable with people standing too close to him.
    Hurk: The affable lunkhead who talks in a countryside accent and uses oversized versions of everything.
    Kishimoto: The junior gnoll chieftain who's always doing silly stuff in the background.

Colhein NPC's are scattered around as staff or other students. Gallagher is the lecherous photography teacher, Shayla is the slutty sexy nurse, Ceara and Marrec are always hanging out in the halls together, etc.

Hallmarks of the show include slutty outfitters, giant monsters and rousing music that plays every time somebody pops trans.

I want this. Someone make this happen.
    TheGreatCreidneAqua22
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Nah, the story is rather forgettable.

2edgy4uNiburupeaceofpi
  • FioGermiFioGermi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,670

Depends on Fiona's screen time

...with the series being done as a 90's era ecchi

...including an ep dedicated to her failing Succubus Queen's nightmare

...and a scene of Gallagher's soap backfiring on him.
    GhengisJohnTheGreatCreidnefluffyninja
  • MistyBerryMistyBerry
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    edited November 15, 2016
    GhengisJohn

As somebody who's watched a lot of anime...blah blah blah mock up
    I feel inspired now. I just might try it. May tone down the ecchiness though
    GhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    MistyBerry

GhengisJohn

As somebody who's watched a lot of anime...blah blah blah mock up
    I feel inspired now. I just might try it. May tone down the ecchiness though
    Cool. If you really do let me know.
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    GhengisJohn

Characters:

Dang, yes I can tell you've watched a lot of anime. That's actually quite interesting.

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited November 15, 2016
    GhengisJohn

Characters:

You forgot to mention that Delia and Lynn are besties.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    you should have Nyle be the mysterious janitor and brynn the cocky, narcissistic science teacher
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    All I see would be ship wars...

Not to mention the impending waifu/husbando apocalypse to follow.
    ArellaRothAqua22
  • KuaidianKuaidian
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    If you take all the characters together, something like that would be pretty hard to imagine and compile.
    If it's vindictus show season 1, season 2 and season 3, it could work.
    Season 1 would be Lann x Fiona, Evie x Karok, and Kai would hunt alone. (no hard feelings)
    Season 2 would be pretty awkward for shipping but you could imagine hurk x arisha, swords of justice. Vella (denied hurk and said she's a les) being single and Lynn being single til season 3 comes and she starts to like sylas for some reason.
    I'm not trying to be a writer or anything, but storyline better cover up all the characters past though.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Hey as long as character development doesn't devolve into another harem series, an anime series would be a-okay with me.
    I think there's also potential for exploring each character's background history since they never explain that in the game.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
  • SaniteeSanitee
    Vindictus Rep: 2,205
    Ehgess
    Ehgess said:

All I see would be ship wars...

Not to mention the impending waifu/husbando apocalypse to follow.
    I ship Ferghus and Brynn.

Let's goooo.

TheGreatCreidneEhgessAqua22Kourin