[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Detailed update notes?

NoburoNoburo
Vindictus Rep: 2,940
edited February 21, 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I've been asking around ingame and what i've gotten so far

Miri Nerfed Chain swing deals 10% less damage
    Arisha buff Ether Zone regens stamina and she starts with 250 mana
    Hurk got some sort of buff?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Noburo wrote: »
    Looks like we got that update with class buffs but there's no main news post for it up right now. The Succubus Sales post preview mentions an "Underground Assembly Update" so I'm assuming they just forgot to post it.

Anyone have a link or remember which thread here had the translated changes list in it? I remember some weird Karok and sword Lann changes that I want to check up on.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/7037/kr-server-patch-notes-more/p10

Courtesy of @jessgame
    NoburoBabyDaniPixelPantsu
  • NoburoNoburo
    Thanks.

Just as I finished reading over it in that thread though they made the post public, lol.
    Link: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/28327/partholon-vanguard-update
    LoLoBootyBabyDani
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Miri

Chainswing damage has been reduced by ~10%
    When revived, Miri will always have at least 4 Flamebreath

*Completely ignores the fact that Miri can't spin without stamina anymore*
    Prettyy
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Sir_Render wrote: »
    Miri

Chainswing damage has been reduced by ~10%
    When revived, Miri will always have at least 4 Flamebreath

*Completely ignores the fact that Miri can't spin without stamina anymore*

LOL .that was a bug?

thought its a cool perk only miri has
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    They decreased gold earned from battle completion, again?? Jesus.
    Aw, I liked it when our pets spin or freaked out in the hot springs :c
    spincas.gif

SirRFI
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    They didn't even bother to state all karok nerfs. Nice.
    Anyway, if any1 is interested, clash has 20min CD which also gives flat 11 ATTSPD. I hate this patch, thanks for destroying the only char i like to play.
    JinyieboddoleWilkoPixelPantsuDragonRiderwasp
  • pahcrenpahcren
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    I'll be stripping my karok this week. With that big of a speed nerf and only one clash per run. hes basically just sword lann with shitty damage and a huge hitbox.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited February 28, 2018
    Btw delia got buffed(better stam/less sp cost on some skills, idk which ones beacuse I don't play delia) and miris parry got buffed, scythe evie got larger hit boxes on her smashes.

Mean while karok was perfect, they shouldn't of touched him ._.
    StormCrusherwasp
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Btw delia got buffed(better stam/less sp cost on some skills, idk which ones beacuse I don't play delia) and miris parry got buffed, scythe evie got larger hit boxes on her smashes.

The less SP cost on Delia is barely noticeable and doesn't even make a difference tbh, since it's applied only on an Ion Thrust used after Cosmic Blitz (the sprint SP) rather than every Ion Thrust, at least her Stamina Buff is huge.

As for Karok, his Clash nerf was only due. While I did appreciate when they used it (so, like a Karok every 10? 20?) every other Holding Skill has a 20 minutes cooldown. On top of that, you people even get a speed boost on top of that, so you really have no reason to complain
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    "So you have no reason to complain"
    ~shakes head in disappointment~
    Come on you started out great but when downhill, many chars have speed buffs what if they all got cut in half or even more .
    Every char has that special something about them and clash was karoks thing now it just went down the shitter :(

• AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited February 28, 2018
    Elyr wrote: »

As for Karok, his Clash nerf was only due. While I did appreciate when they used it (so, like a Karok every 10? 20?) every other Holding Skill has a 20 minutes cooldown. On top of that, you people even get a speed boost on top of that, so you really have no reason to complain

Karok's Terror Rush/Bison form buff now gives a flat increase in attack speed instead of percentage which also affected movement speed.

So even with the additional speed from clashing, he will still be slower than before this patch.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Clearly we were having too much fun after the revamp, can't be havin that.

I've been remaking my Karok on my main account since the update, and I'm not really noticing the speed nerf on pillar. Might be because I haven't played the character at high speeds in months but it definitely doesn't feel crippling or anything. The clash cooldown is just really sad, they could have at least let us use taunt in RARs again if they were going to do that.
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    Arrow95 wrote: »

The less SP cost on Delia is barely noticeable and doesn't even make a difference tbh, since it's applied only on an Ion Thrust used after Cosmic Blitz (the sprint SP) rather than every Ion Thrust, at least her Stamina Buff is huge.

I won't start listing all the battles we can't clash for that speed buf or those i wont even bother trying. Oh, and those where other party members won't allow you to clash cuz the dont give a damn.
    The point is they could nerf bunch of other staff and they nerfed the only thing that cripples the gameplay.
  • ElyrElyr
    edited March 1, 2018
    Oh, and those where other party members won't allow you to clash cuz the dont give a damn.

Do they hold a gun against your head? Spear you whenever you try clashing saying "No! Bad Karok!"? Because you have an SP you can use to taunt the bosses into using their Clash move while aiming at you, so other party members won't even matter.
    Atherion wrote: »
    Karok's Terror Rush/Bison form buff now gives a flat increase in attack speed instead of percentage which also affected movement speed.

11 speed from Bison, not sure about Terror Rush since I don't play Cestus. Let's do some math: previously, Bison Form was 5% Speed (a character base speed starts at 200), meaning a +10 speed at 0 speed or +15 at 100. With an average amount of unbuffed speed, around 70, you'd get 13 speed, just 2 less than you get now without Clashing. I'm not sure on the multiplier boost worked with Werewolf Paw, but I believe it was additive (20% from Werewolf + 5% from Bison, so 25%). Let's get again 70 speed as an example, if it works that way you'd get 67 extra speed for a total of 137, while now you'd get 56 -> 126 (base 70 + 11 Bison + 20% Paw) before Clash and 58 -> 128 (base 70 + 11 Bison + 11 Clash + 20% Paw) after Clash. Karok's overall speed got buffed to only receive a slightly reduction during the 30 seconds of Paw (that's if my math is correct, of course). And like I already said, according to patch notes Bison was never meant to increase movement speed

I've ran the Paw math again after double checking its interaction with Bison Form with a Karok main:

Let's take again a 70 Speed Karok as an example. Before, Bison + Paw would give you 70 -> 140 Speed, while now it gives 67 -> 137 (before Clash) and 80 -> 150 (after Clash)

So yeah, I stand on my point that Karok has actually been buffed after these changes
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited March 1, 2018
    What was not noted in the patch notes is that the speed buffs no longer affect movement speed (it stacked with attack speed) which I specified in my previous comment.

So even with a higher attack speed, you will still be slower due to that being taken away.

Even so, Pillar was not hit as hard since optminal playstyle does not revolve around cycling Bison form so overall impact was minimal.

• ElyrElyr
    What was not noted in the patch notes is that the speed buffs no longer affect movement speed (it stacked with attack speed) which I specified in my previous comment.

So even with a higher attack speed, you will still be slower due to that being taken away.

Even so, Pillar was not hit as hard since optminal playstyle does not revolve around cycling Bison form so overall impact was minimal.

And like I said, not a single patch note about Karok's previous revamp mentioned an increase in both Movement Speed and Attack Speed, just the latter. Movement Speed being affected is just a bug that they fixed only now, like it happened ages ago with Shortbow shooting faster while spamming movement (which was later made in an actual skill, but details)
  • AtherionAtherion
    edited March 1, 2018

And like I said, not a single patch note about Karok's previous revamp mentioned an increase in both Movement Speed and Attack Speed, just the latter. Movement Speed being affected is just a bug that they fixed only now, like it happened ages ago with Shortbow shooting faster while spamming movement (which was later made in an actual skill, but details)

Yet that was always the way it worked especially with regards to Cestus when he was first introduced to the game many years ago, like how slashing high increased both movement speed and attack speed. Just because it wasn't mentioned in patch notes doesn't means it's not there. Ex: the change to clash we just had.

Sure you can call it a bug fix, but when all is considered, in no way was Karok buffed in any way.
  • ElyrElyr

Yet that was always the way it worked especially with regards to Cestus when he was first introduced to the game many years ago, like how slashing high increased both movement speed and attack speed. Just because it wasn't mentioned in patch notes doesn't means it's not there. Ex: the change to clash we just had.

Sure you can call it a bug fix, but when all is considered, in no way was Karok buffed in any way.

So what, Lynn not consuming SP in royal is not a bug but a feature? I'll be glad they keep it if so

And I'm not referring to just NA patch notes, I double checked with JP which is extremely accurate and it was the same.
  • JinyieJinyie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,830
    They also did not mention the Succubus Fang nerf...so yes Atherion may be right. And IIRC Lynn's "bug" in RAR is consuming ridiculous amount of SP using Killer Dart, which I doubt was a mistake.