[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Burnt Out Valentine Title

Alan14225Alan14225
Vindictus Rep: 510
edited February 18, 2018 in General Discussion
Did anybody receive the Burnt Out Valentine valentine title? Do you get it when you use 1000 rods or when you get 1000 valentine box?

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited February 18, 2018
    its 1000 rods not pouches
    note: you have to activate the quest via the strange traveller or else none of your rods will count.
  • Alan14225Alan14225
    Do you receive it in your mailbox?
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    its a title that gets discovered once you get the quest from the strange traveller in the inn. and then you get a count per rod you use until 1000
  • Nelly0416Nelly0416
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    So ... I've been looking through the forum if I'm the only stupid one or if anyone else had issues with the title.. cuz I just did probably at least a good 500 rods and been trying to find out exactly how much but no sign of a counter.... so I talked to the cat and finally got the "you discovered the title: Burned valentine" .. I check my titles again and it's finally showing, now 0/1000. great. I checked the event page, and it says nothing about talking to the cat to get started on the event.
    I mostly ignore the yellow exclamation marks cuz there's always some stupid side quest I haven't finished so they always pop up all over anyway.
    Not sure if that was your issue or that was just a general question? It should be rods used from what I understand.

I don't even know if it's worth submitting a ticket and just hearing back again "sucks to be you"
  • Nelly0416Nelly0416
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    edited February 18, 2018
    ^ what Emerthyst said. I was slow at typing, there were no responses then XD
  • Alan14225Alan14225
    I am in the same boat.
    The event page said nothing about talking to the strange traveler to star the quest.
    I did my 1000 rods and now i discover I have to talk to the strange traveler to get my title started.
    I submitted a ticket and now I wait for a response.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    ya it's unfortunate the emblem is super cute too :(
  • NaturalGreenNaturalGreen
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Looks like I am screwed as well. 1200 rods used. Just found this posting..
  • Alan14225Alan14225
    Hopefully we will get our title and emblem.
  • Alan14225Alan14225
    UPDATE: No Luck, GM said they won't compensate.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Normally when that cats involved he had the yellow sign over his head EVERYDAY you sign in until you speak with him. Normally during these events you speak with the cat in order to get the event started. Even if it didn't state it, its pretty much the same as last years valentines event, where you talk to the cat, the last fishing event where you talked to the cat. Even the Xmas event you spoke with the cat to start it. Should have just been common knowledge at this point always check with the cat unless they state different.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    The first day, I already contacted them via 1;1 support.

I told them I 'wasted' 200 rods, before I found out about this.
    I was able to get the title in time tho.

But, I asked them to mention it in the event notes > 'talk to cat to activate quest to get title'.
    Since I knew, it would cause trouble.

And guess what? It does cause trouble.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    But normally we always talk to the cat I'm missing the confusion. And like I said the cat has an indication over his head whenever you log in to talk to him. So that's kinda your mistake for missing that honestly.
    SlothPrincessPhoebeHalliwel
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I mean every event like this you have to talk to the strange traveler. Not to mention the big ass ! on the inn when you log in everyday. If you get kitty boxes everyday idk how you miss that tbh. Hell you didn't even have to sit on the boat for more then 45 seconds if you didn't want the valentine boxes. Was really a simple title to get. F in the chat for those who didn't I guess.
    SlothPrincess
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    The '!' wouldn't tell me anything since I never bothered to claim the scrolls on my characters so the mark will always be there. I didn't bother with the title because I didn't want to idle for 1000 rods at a rate of 100 rods per stack with multiple characters and the premise of RNG trash inventory management for the trouble.