[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should Additional damage affect rankings?

Arrow95Arrow95
Vindictus Rep: 2,515
in General Discussion
  1. do you think additional damage should affect rankings43 votes
    1. Yes
       49% (21 votes)
    2. No
       51% (22 votes)

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    In terms of more conditioning towards power creep, no

In terms of accuracy of ranking to damage dealt, yes

I still find crit resist thing funny
    StormCrusher
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    cant believe there are players who actually pay attention to rankings
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited February 18, 2018
    Madcobra wrote: »

Shhh it gives whales something to strive for and keep game alive now that max enhance is a bigger time waste than whaling another game
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Puppyman wrote: »

Shhh it gives whales something to strive for and keep game alive now that max enhance is a bigger time waste than whaling another game

yes , but still cant believe that some actually care about rankings , such retarded thing :p
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295

yes , but still cant believe that some actually care about rankings , such retarded thing :p

I care about ranking and I'm #34 Arisha :(
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Or better yet they could just get rid of rankings ;-)
    SaphreeFurielAzeluna
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    The rankings don't mean anything... maybe if they had to do with damage dealt and taking the least amount of hits during a raid. Then we would have meaningful rankings.
    StormCrusherAzeluna
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Player stats ranking is as alien to Vindictus as pvp and guild battle are. It's a pve game which used to be somewhat balanced around skill/gear and dps.

I'm not saying this because i barely make the first 50 Arishas, even though i play her from day 1. Not at all.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Ty all for all the comments and votes, I thought people would be heavily against it but it's seams like 50/50
  • YeahYea1YeahYea1
    Vindictus Rep: 925

Like a moth to a lantern.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    YeahYea1 wrote: »

Like a moth to a lantern.

shush! :D
  • JustAName420JustAName420
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Best idea this game has seen since the addition of royal army raids
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    If any of you voted yes, then how much you think each ad should be worth in points? if voted no what do you think about the stat attlimit release affecting the point system
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    edited February 20, 2018
    1 point for each add dmg would be fair enough lol doubt it would be more then that
    Azeluna
  • TaylaTayla
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    edited February 21, 2018
    The ranking system is ridiculous and I have a rank 9 Miri - well I did because I'm sure someone else has spent more money since last I played a week or so ago so probably down to 20. The ranking system only represents how much money we stupidly put into this game...that is all. At that point, we don't even need skill to out dps...especially with the additional damage factor. Get rid of it Nexon it is meaningless and misleading to players that don't know any better. Maybe then I will stop spending so much money on this game... Oops never mind, that is the reason I stopped playing. Bring back the value of skill.

Back to question at hand...should additional damage affect ranking? No. They need to get rid of the ranking system. It is not a true measure of skill. That's all that should matter. But happy ranking everyone!!
    MadcobraCream
  • AzelunaAzeluna
    Vindictus Rep: 535

I do! I can stalk op players and copy their eq to be op myself, lul. Unfortunately my wallet is empty
  • CreamCream
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    edited February 21, 2018
    I do agree with @Tayla This system is catered to whales and gold buyers since everything can be achieved by simply buying gold or simply by showing off the "Plastic Skill" (which can be gold buying or whale.com or whales "r" us).

It is sad to work hard in obtaining all end game accessories and weapons/armors, max all this out (enchants, infusing etc..) with months of work grinding and playing countless hours. So for you to see a random player that bought a weapon 90 level lets say +14 or above that clearly outshines the use or interest of a cap weapon, with a meager armor set and pathetic accessories out dps'ing everyone with it, even when we have end game build.

The system is obviously broken without measure. Personally, I have lost my interest in the game but I am a sucker for the Vindi fashion. It is a great game but not so great ideas are been implemented. Not all changes work as "INTENDED" as we have seen from this Rise updates and forth. Hopefully, something will be done down the road but at the moment this ranking system is a pathetic add on to the game, and the Add Damage is ... well, again a broken system.

I don't think that the system should be removed but it has to be tweaked towards levels and its relevancy according to the game cap. The ranking system will serve best as it was, displaying who did best at certain battles on a daily, weekly or monthly period. Attempting to have a number one person based on the current system is just absurd. Like others have said already "whales" and not skills.

However, if the need for number one spot is that strong among whales then...... create a Credit Card ranking system for them and the skill ranking system for the rest of us!!

Have a nice day!