[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Events are pretty lackluster compared to pre-rise

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Compare this year's goddess fragment even to last year's...huge difference. Even the easter event allowed you to get tons of runes if you were willing to farm dailies.

The last couple of events have been pretty meh. I mean, look at the valentine's day fishing event. Lame pots, misc items...meh. No runes. This year's goddess fragment event : 1 rune frag per character, max. Thanksgiving event required you to do insane amounts of farming to get 1 enhance/enchant rune per character and lots of bound goib stones per alt.

No wonder the game population keeps dropping. Look at the market, prices have massively deflated, as it always does when the population drops. Element stones used to average 1.5m+, now they are 1.2m or so.

I dont know about anyone else but i know plenty of people who refuse to play again till blute/arkana/whip or a great event with runes comes out (afk fishing for the title does not count).

Comments

• ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    I personally believe that NA just gave up and is trying to do one big, last cash in. I mean, even if you compare our events with other servers we get heavily worse rewards, take the Gallagher Dice Event: heroes_2018-02-04_01-14-53.jpg
    This is from Japan, compare it now to our, where NA completely butchered it making it last way less weeks than it should've and giving us worse rewards
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Elyr wrote: »
    I personally believe that NA just gave up and is trying to do one big, last cash in. I mean, even if you compare our events with other servers we get heavily worse rewards, take the Gallagher Dice Event: heroes_2018-02-04_01-14-53.jpg
    This is from Japan, compare it now to our, where NA completely butchered it making it last way less weeks than it should've and giving us worse rewards

Could be....

all the signs are there. Server merge, no CM for months, lackluster ideas on events, and increased prices on exclusive outfitters up to 27-31 $ that aren't even good looking, and no regulation on botters that have been on marketplace selling 100's of stacks for months.

They're definitely cutting back on costs of maintenance on this game, but they'll still host it for some time to come.
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Well I guess right now is not the peak time of a year. They are saving up the cool stuff and events for the summer and later. So we have to be patient. If you are not, charge some NX then.
    The reason why the Goddess Fragment event last year was go great was that it came with the Rise Update, which was super huge! They had to give us some huge things also. Then tons of other events to celebrate the 7th birthday of the game, Christmas, New Year's Ultimate Goals... You see, every event goes with a special occasion. Sadly, we do not have any now, even the Valentine's Day is not big enough to throw a big event. So if you want huge free stuff, you've gotta wait until the summer.
    StormCrusher
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Dice, Goddess, Chieftain, and other events continue to get progressively worse with each iteration. As noted, we no longer have a CM and the GMs are barely active anymore.

Nexon is likely shifting to a mobile focus just like NC, Kakao, etc., and just wants to make what they can here with minimal effort.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited February 8, 2018
    Griciel wrote: »
    Well I guess right now is not the peak time of a year. They are saving up the cool stuff and events for the summer and later. So we have to be patient. If you are not, charge some NX then.
    The reason why the Goddess Fragment event last year was go great was that it came with the Rise Update, which was super huge! They had to give us some huge things also. Then tons of other events to celebrate the 7th birthday of the game, Christmas, New Year's Ultimate Goals... You see, every event goes with a special occasion. Sadly, we do not have any now, even the Valentine's Day is not big enough to throw a big event. So if you want huge free stuff, you've gotta wait until the summer.

That make no sence , with your opinion they should put some effort only on super occasions? In that way game wont keep players for long , people getting bored of waiting for something better in infinity , if you want to keep good quality you need to care about it more , they stoped to care long time ago , quality of this game droped to the bottom now , i doubt it can be rebuilt and if it even will be lol
  • GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Madcobra wrote: »
    That make no sence , with your opinion they should put some effort only on super occasions? In that way game wont keep players for long , people getting bored of waiting for something better in infinity , if you want to keep good quality you need to care about it more , they stoped to care long time ago , quality of this game droped to the bottom now , i doubt it can be rebuilt and if it even will be lol
    So you mean events filled with NX stuff around the year? If NX did that, no one would charge NX anymore, players could just wait until the next event to get free stuff without paying.

• Question2Question2
    Griciel wrote: »
    Madcobra wrote: »
    So you mean events filled with NX stuff around the year? If NX did that, no one would charge NX anymore, players could just wait until the next event to get free stuff without paying.

Historically, we had average events most of the time but good events at the end of each quarter, so that player numbers/sales would spike for their end of quarter report. Things like the prize wheel, goddess fragment and other events were pretty generous.

But even last december was pretty meh.

Its very obvious from the marketplace that player numbers have dropped dramatically, given the massive deflation involved. I think fine iron ores have dropped from 8-9k to 5k now. Everytime there was a good event, people would come back to play in between updates. No good event = people not even bothering to log in. People who dont even login dont spend money, and lower populations make even more people decide to stop logging in.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    edited February 9, 2018
    You can't depend on events to bring back people when the latest class release didn't revitalize the game one bit. Especially afk events.

It's pretty silly to imply they shower us with nx items and they shouldn't be all year open. I saved event rewards from an entire year and blew a dozen runes and other resources for a pair of boots to no avail. If you compare Vindictus with other MMOs, the events are very, very lackluster and as posted above, even by regional servers there are significant differences. I'd rather have fewer events but with higher difficulty and guaranteed rewards (why give 100 fragments of runes and stuff and not a +13 pair of gloves for example, or an unique cosmetic that's not 10x uglier than cash ones). People drop money to support games too, not only to progress their toons.
    LoLoBooty
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    they should return boss team brawl and make that an event.
  • Question2Question2
    Arishante wrote: »
    You can't depend on events to bring back people when the latest class release didn't revitalize the game one bit. Especially afk events.

It's pretty silly to imply they shower us with nx items and they shouldn't be all year open. I saved event rewards from an entire year and blew a dozen runes and other resources for a pair of boots to no avail. If you compare Vindictus with other MMOs, the events are very, very lackluster and as posted above, even by regional servers there are significant differences. I'd rather have fewer events but with higher difficulty and guaranteed rewards (why give 100 fragments of runes and stuff and not a +13 pair of gloves for example, or an unique cosmetic that's not 10x uglier than cash ones). People drop money to support games too, not only to progress their toons.

The release of miri caused a massive spike in players especially since it is the most OP class in the game by far.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It wasn't really massive. Some returned, some new players joined, but a large part of her surge was people with other mains wanting to check her out. Last I was on for a bit semi-regularly a bit after her launch Miri chat was just as abandoned as all the others after being super active for the first two weeks of her release. Her release just shifted people around for the most part.

Even if you're correct, it was just that, a temporary spike. They need regular events with good rewards to keep people playing the way that we used to have. Each iteration of old events has been worse than the previous. There's no thought being put in to what we get, and it's just being shipped down the line because there's no one actively concerned with how these events are received.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    edited February 10, 2018
    I don't see why you'd abandon your main that is probably decked out to play an op class from 0, and to return just for that (few exceptions). If you judge by steam only, at peak point, yes it's a massive spike, population doubled from prior month at Miri's release. But looking at numbers it's an increase of 400 players, which isn't massive at all. The numbers are now returning to what they were before, hence why i said it did not revitalize the game.

Arisha's release was a 300% increase in players for 3 months (an increase of 2k players), feels so proud. Edit: she came with great December events but also massive lag. It was frustrating but most continued to bear it and play her.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    We just continuously get filler events - one to replace other, that don't really require us to do anything, or really reward anyhow. Take Gallagher's Dice game for an example - if you were "lucky", you could get a single Paradise Stone or Server Megaphone. Now Goddess Statue - few graces, blessing stones, paradise stones again.
    Honestly, if it wasn't for the dice game showing up at login, or the statue visible on screen - I would have forgotten about both of them, not to even regret. I would rather not have any even for a month or two, then get a rune or two from the next. It would be probably a better even to see plenty outfit resale, even if they were from RNG boxes with plenty of "airtight" stuff - people can get outfits they want, or at least make a shopping and fill their reserve of megaphones, unbinds, runes etc.
    Azeluna
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Thanks to all the persistent Nexon bashers, we're being shafted on all events. I call it Karma. I bet Nexon Japan's forum isn't full of Hateful comments make towards Nexon. What comes around goes around.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    JamesGross wrote: »
    Thanks to all the persistent Nexon bashers, we're being shafted on all events. I call it Karma. I bet Nexon Japan's forum isn't full of Hateful comments make towards Nexon. What comes around goes around.

You would be completely wrong. Go take a look at the other forums. The Korean dev note comments are extremely QQ filled, and can be fairly well understood even with just google translate.
  • DragonRiderDragonRider

have you seen the amount of thumbs down on mabiheroes youtube channel videos from koreans ever since post-RISE? its not just us lololol
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055

People have complaints and criticism about our game along with some childish tantrums.

We should punish them

ssxWh7W.png
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited February 11, 2018
    Wouldn't surprise me if they are holding out on +15 coupons until Vindi's 15th anniversary. :eyes:

Makes sense, right?
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    edited February 11, 2018
    In case anyone wonders what JP got for Valentine's Day Events:

4XRZZ5q.png
    Gifts for: Strange Traveler, Brin, Ferghus (3 per character), Shining Heart Angel Ring (no limit, refer to 3rd pic), Airtight Lovely Wings (30d, 3 per character), Pink Avatar Dye (1 per account)
    POZd8CO.png
    Pink Ampoule (1 per account), Departure License (7 per character), Party Merc, Regular Merc, Party Goddess, Regular Goddess (no limit for all of them)
    7fezibu.png

Also, regular, black evil cores have been replaced with pink Valentine's ones
    Z50yg9b.png

Meanwhile, we got to use 1000 event rods for a title, rods that give boxes so shit it's not even worth waiting to fish something

Oh, and I almost forgot, they still have the Dice Event still up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    LoLoBootyPrototypemindStormCrusherBowner
  • WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 810
    The dice event was so bad, I had coupons for it, saw it popped up on login and was ending soon, and just closed it anyways because it wasn't even worth my time to click it. At least give us the illusion of a chance at something useful, even like a 1% chance at an enchant rune.

The fishing event, likewise, isn't even worth the effort it takes to set up the boat and go afk. There is nothing that event could give me that's worth having, especially because I don't care about titles.

The goddess fragment event is fine, it's not the best event, but at least it rewards a relatively rare cosmetic.