[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Migration Schedule Update

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Vindictus Rep: 6,750
    edited November 8, 2016
    Hi everyone,

Just to clear the air, the EU servers will remain in EU. We have all experienced playing on oversees servers at one point in our life, its not great. We are doing our best to maintain the same level of user experience for EU players through the migration process. A migration is happening though, which means it will be a new server.

tl:dr EU players will not be playing on US servers
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited November 8, 2016
    Saygo said:

Hi everyone,

Just to clear the air, the EU servers will remain in EU. We have all experienced playing on oversees servers at one point in our life, its not great. We are doing our best to maintain the same level of user experience for EU players through the migration process. A migration is happening though, which means it will be a new server.

Thanks for the heart attack, sorry but the first words were really confusing. It was really as if our servers would be located in US or something.

Also, Nexon EU is currently in Berlin, are they going to stay here or ? We actually have no idea what will really happen to Nexon EU at all, some are talking about people loosing their jobs, etc. unless they're just changing the directive, which means everyone keep their job but are just having their director on the other side of the Atlantic, unlike now.

• DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    edited November 8, 2016
    Saygo said:

Hi everyone,

Uff... Thank You for clarifying. Seems like it's not the end after all :D.
    Gewellirious

Also, Nexon EU is currently in Berlin, are they going to stay here or ? We actually have no idea what will really happen to Nexon EU at all, some are talking about people loosing their jobs, etc. unless they're just changing the directive, which means everyone keep their job but are just having their director on the other side of the Atlantic, unlike now.
    The servers are in Luxembourg, not Berlin... but yeah, they will probably keep them in there, since changing location = extra costs, unless the new place would somehow lower the costs due to other stuff.
    AndromedaGM
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    think i almost had a heart attack reading Saygos first reply
  • AnduriAnduri
    Vindictus Rep: 1,515
    ok i have a ? can you play your chars from the west server on the new Europe server or do we have to make all new char on that server ?
    Anduri
    Anduri said:

ok i have a ? can you play your chars from the west server on the new Europe server or do we have to make all new char on that server ?
    You will have to make new chars.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited November 10, 2016
    Quick question and probably unrelated, would EU server still be stuck with the same voices for the old characters? I much prefer Evie and Fiona's KR voices over the English ones. Lann's too now that I think about it.
    BloodAngel
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    so people in EU will be able to play with people in the US ? or is it gonna be like west server, east server, EU server and we will have to play on the EU server to play with them ? im still kinda confused as to how this whole thing is gonna work.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    If we merge with EU, are we still going to be forced to use steam/nexon launcher? If I recall, EU didnt have a problem with using the direct method. Clarification pl0x?
    edited November 13, 2016
    havoc23
    havoc23 said:

so people in EU will be able to play with people in the US ? or is it gonna be like west server, east server, EU server and we will have to play on the EU server to play with them ? im still kinda confused as to how this whole thing is gonna work.
    There is no server merge, it's only service merge... meaning that client, forums, staff, billing, etc. is being merged - everything besides servers/population, however you will be able to log in to all servers. Other words, to play together with us, you would have to join EU server and make new character... or if someone from EU would like to play with NA, then he would have to join NA server and make new character there.

Tho it's kinda pointless, due to distance (lags). Most of people will stay as they are, maybe some people will make new chars on other server just to check some stuff from time to time, but in general EU players will play in EU, and NA players will play in NA, since i doubt anyone would want to have all those lags.
    Cloakshire

If we merge with EU, are we still going to be forced to use steam/nexon launcher? If I recall, EU didnt have a problem with using the direct method. Clarification pl0x?
    Nothing will change for you in terms of launcher (according to what they've said). EU is merging into Premiere client (yours), not the other way around... which means that for you, everything will stay the same way.
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410

ok i get it now so then this isnt a way to increase the playerbase on the us servers ? whats being planned to fix that problem though ?
    havoc23
    havoc23 said:

ok i get it now so then this isnt a way to increase the playerbase on the us servers ? whats being planned to fix that problem though ?
    No, this is a way to improve efficiency of service. They merge 'two companies' into one Nexon Global, which means they can provide better service for lower cost. So directly this isn't any trial 'to increase playerbase', however indirectly this means that they will probably have more resources available for other things... which means, they could take some steps towards better advertising etc. (maybe, because it could be as well just to lower the costs...).
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    DesireOfMine

Cloakshire

Nothing will change for you in terms of launcher (according to what they've said). EU is merging into Premiere client (yours), not the other way around... which means that for you, everything will stay the same way.
    So does this mean that European players that previously used the direct method will have to assimilate to using the approved Nexon launcher/Steam?
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Cloakshire

DesireOfMine

Cloakshire

So does this mean that European players that previously used the direct method will have to assimilate to using the approved Nexon launcher/Steam?
    Let me just say that Nexon tried VERY hard to remove direct launching. There are No plans to bring it back. So with that in mind "What do you think?
    edited November 13, 2016
    Cloakshire

Yes.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Wouldn't mind Vindi-EU on Steam to be quite honest, since my other games are all on Steam too, would need to log-on Steam -> magic happens. (tho I heard the game is kinda broken via. Steam, something about friendlist or anything)
  • DevDeclineDevDecline
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    edited November 13, 2016
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Cloakshire

DesireOfMine

Cloakshire

EU cant Direct Launch at all right now just FYI
  • YoppiYoppi
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    Gewellirious

Wouldn't mind Vindi-EU on Steam to be quite honest, since my other games are all on Steam too, would need to log-on Steam -> magic happens. (tho I heard the game is kinda broken via. Steam, something about friendlist or anything)
    I just noticed that it's only NA West/East and AUS that gets to launch Vindi via Steam. Huh.

I've heard there were hacking issues for people who use Steam to launch Vindi, but I've been using Steam to play Vindi for two years now and haven't encountered security issues or anything broken at all. In fact, the EU playerbase would benefit greatly from having it available on Steam.

• MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited November 15, 2016
    DesireOfMine

Quinque
    Quinque said:

Merge EU with AUS, West with East. Open up the servers to South America.
    ...and then drop a fu*kin nuke on all of it.

fyi the server had it's IP block lifted from South America for about a month last month from what I assume was testing/a mistake on Nexon's part, and I bet you didn't even notice a difference while Southies were playing on your server.