[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lion Statue Bug or Unclear Description?

BigAssTTsBigAssTTs
Vindictus Rep: 1,120
in Bug Reporting
With the triumph medal bonus I got the lion statue (smaller version), so I can save some gold on pots when tanking Dullahan after bar 3, because I thought it would give me 5000 hp recovery... I thought succubus fang was nerfed and became inferior to the lion statue in any way so I didn't get that.

But it only raises the max hp by 5000 and my current hp by 5000 for 10 seconds, after that, even if I don't get hit, the hp drops back so that I only actually recovered 2000 or something.

Is this intentional? Is the description wrong? What is the point of using this if this was intended (I've never seen anyone use lion statue, and found no one talking about it specifically).

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited January 20, 2018
    Yes, it's been like that from the beginning. It increases current and max hp by 5k, then reverts max hp at the end of the duration, keeping your % current health. The lower your hp is when you use it, the more hp you get to keep out of the 5k.

Main uses for Lion Statue are:
    • Facetanking attacks with high set damage values by using it with a full health bar
    • Cheesing arena pvp wins off of people who didn't have it or opted to use paw/cat instead
    • Extra survivability in freematch
    • A small heal that only outperformed pre-nerf Succubus Fang when the user was very low health or if they played very passively/didn't do enough damage

With RISE making potions instant cast both healing artifacts are pretty bad, but I still prefer the Fang for topping up my health without waiting to drop below 50%. For Neamhain I would use the Lion but only because I'm not strong enough or good enough to make do with Fang there.
    Red_Bones
  • _Kale_Kale
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    It's intentional. The description is unclear but not wrong. It temporarily increases current and max HP by 5k. When the effect ends, the ratio of your current HP to max HP does not change.

The primary purpose of lion statue is not to heal, it's to buffer the damage you take. Let's say your max HP is 10k. You activate lion statue which increases your max HP to 15k. Because your HP pool is temporarily higher, any damage you take while your max HP is 15k will be divided by 1.5 (15k/10k) when your max HP returns to 10k.

Healing HP is just a bonus you get if you use lion statue while your current HP is not at max, and only possible because lion statue increases your current HP as well. While this isn't the primary purpose, this is ofc the way you should be using it. Let's say you're at 5k HP of your max 10k. You use lion statue and you're now at 10k HP of you max 15k HP. If you've taken no damage by the time the effect of lion statue ends, you'll be at 6.67k HP of 10k HP max, because the ratio of 10k : 15k remains after your max HP returns to 10k. This is why you recover only a fraction of 5k.
  • BigAssTTsBigAssTTs
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Wow nice information there. Can't help wonder how you guys figured this out while the description has only one line. I'd try to use it the right way and see the turn out. Thanks very much. Really hope the game fixes all the lack of description and untranslated korean dialogues but that might never happen.
    Red_Bones