[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Staffie DPS

SheiklesSheikles
Vindictus Rep: 410
edited October 13, 2017 in Evie
Coming back to my staffie after a long hiatus. I played her last just around the rework, and so now I'm wondering what the priority order/rotation for her spells are to optimize DPS. I know that all three fire spells are best for DPS, but which of the ice/lightning spells should be cast first when fire isn't available?

Also, how best to use casting save and continual focus? Again, what I remember is using continual focus to resave Fire3 after every use. Is that still best?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited October 23, 2017
    @Sheikles
    A fellow staffie is trying to post thier dps guide, but the forum restriction for first time posting is preventing them from posting. They've been waiting for 3 day now so I'll take the liberty and post it for them.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZtOxN30Tw3Q53opQvRMyaXDZh4YD-0JZRj5IeTTdP0/edit?usp=sharing
    Keep a look out for thier accual post.

You can also join the evie discord to ask questions. We also have other players dps rotation which will be added to that doc once tested by the author.

Can find the discord link in this post http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/11389/evie-discord
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    Vindictus Rep: 1,025
    I wonder what's preventing me to post here U_U
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited October 24, 2017
    There the staffie that couldn't post on forum for a few days :D . Hi @NITROLUX ^^.

Ganna share my (well accually Anju's) dps rotation. My dps rotation is pretty much Anju with some preference differences in casting skills.

This DPS rotation is good in party play. When doing solo play or doing neamhain, i recommend doing @NITROLUX rotation. Which is in this doc /^^' https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZtOxN30Tw3Q53opQvRMyaXDZh4YD-0JZRj5IeTTdP0/edit?usp=sharing

Starting castsave setup:
    1) lvl3 Fire; lvl3 lightening; lvl3 ice (copied from Anju starting setup)
    2)lvl3 Fire; lvl3 lightening; lvl2 Fire (another setup i used depending on how i feel at the time, uselly go with this one nowa days)

Artifact:
    Greater Wolf Paw for maximum dps. This increase cast animation speed, thus quicker recovery time and also quicker animation cancel timing aswell.

Startup rotation:
    since I'm using paw i wont have sp to cast continue focus(CF); luckily, casting lvl 3 fire + lvl 3 lightening gives enough sp for CF. (Think casting lvl 2 fire + lvl3 lightening will also give enough sp but i don't use that method)

1) with cast save setup 1: lvl3 fire>lvl3 lightening>lvl3 ice>CF>lvl3 fire cast save> guideline rotation

2)with cast save setup 2: lvl3 fire>lvl3 lightening>lvl2 fire>CF>lvl 2 ice>guideline rotation

Guideline Rotation:
    lvl3 Fire>CF>lvl3 lightening >lvl2 fire> lvl 1 fire (Replace lvl 3 fire or lvl 3 lightening with lvl 3 ice if any of those skills are on cooldown)

Since this is a guideline rotation, depending on situation or if i have wolf paw active, I may replace some skills for others.

But overall, with wolf paw active, I'll have all lvl2 spells on cd and lvl 1 fire skill on cd aswell before having to start from the beginning of the rotation.
    Without Wolfpaw active, I will have all guide line rotation spells on cd and maybe fit a lvl 1 or lvl2 lightening or lvl 2 ice in the mix.

One small thing i make sure to do is to use lvl 3 lightening with one lightening buff active. Only exception is during the starting rotation.

Another thing I do is to cast Rage Conductor/Raze when there forced down time from bosses. Like when Lugh does his mechanic as an example. Other then that, the time wasted casting Raze decreases your overall dps during battle.

Here a 12 hour stream, there two battle of the stream that show a decent representation of the rotation is discribed. You can also watch the other battles, I mess up a decent amount of times in every battle x3.

decent example time stamp:
    1) S3 Glass 00:13:18
    2) Lugh 1:15:17 (one of the few times i would use Rage Conductor/Raze)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175113320

Side Note, I did way better fighting Glass over fighting Lugh in those example surprisingly x3

I might make a youtube vid to share the rotation with.

ouwF7OI.jpg

Here my current stats, I had 4 less crit during the time of that 12 hour stream. +13 Regina Staff o:)
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    It depends a lot on the boss and your attack speed.

So let's talk about theoretical DPS for a moment, later on we'll try to apply that to real bosses

### Part 1 ###
    Those are the spells you're going to use ordered from top damage to bottom:
    1) raze
    2) fire shock
    3) guided ligtning
    4) fire storm
    5) lightning wave / ice spear (depending if the boss is big enough so you can hit all your lighnings)
    6) firebolt
    7) lightning bolt
    8) ice blow
    9) ice blast
    10) magic arrow

On top of that, you have to factor in your fire mastery. Each fire spells will increase the damage of the next. at 3 fire spells you'll apply a DoT to the boss and the count will be reset.

Immagining you're against a sand-bag, the optimal dps would be:
    Raze -> firebolt -> fire storm -> fire shock -> guided lightning -> continue with whatever spell untill fire spells come off cooldown and repeat
    what comes after guided lightning usually depends on your attack speed.
    Also, DPS is defined as the ratio of damage over time, so we'll have to maximise our damage (choosing the right spell to cast) and minimize combo time.
    That's where Continual Focus (CF) and Flying Sparrow (FS) comes in handy.
    If your intent is DPSing, you should always use CF for lvl 4 spells, because it saves most time. But don't use the second spell right away, use CF to re-save an other lvl 4 spell, so you won't have to load it on the next spell rotation.
    Depending on you attack speed, it might be faster you use sparrow to start on lvl 2 focus.

### Part 2 ###
    Now that we have the basics covered, we need to apply that to a real boss... one that moves and attacks.

The key concept is the same. Maximise damage, minimize "wasted" time.
    You have to know WHICH spell is going to hit the boss, even before casting them. For example, firebolt has a "long" cast time and medium travel speed. It's probably going to miss if you use it against an enemy that is jumping/running away from you. That's why you have to know that BEFORE you cast the spell. In those scenarios it's better to cast other long range spells (like ice spear) or if the boss is too fast, save your spell and get back close to the enemy.

An other important thing is dodging/ambering attacks! wasting time on recovery animations is bad.
    Depending on the attack, it might be better to dodge with sparrow, so you can start casting your next spell right away. some other times it's just better to amber and wait for an other opportunity.
    Remember one thing though, amber has a minimum "shield" time of 1 second, you can cancel amber sooner only if it's perfect amber (using amber right before getting attacked) so you should really practice doing only pefect ambers and cancel them as soon as the attacks are over. remember, we have to avoid wasted idle time? one second is a LOT.

Last very important thing, use saved spells as soon as possible. you never know when the boss is going to disapear or going in some invulnerable animation.
    Use that time to save up more spells that you can unload on the boss soon after.
    Don't be the evie that uses the /dance animation while Regina is doing her OHKO (on hit KO). Save spells and make her regret that later.

So yea, i guess you guessed it by know, you have to learn every boss patterns and what's the best thing to do for every possible attack that is comming

### Extras ###
    If you used 4sec CD reduction as CF awakening, lvl 4 spells will have the same cooldown as CF... but if you used 5s instead, they will be ready 1 sec earlyer so to maximize efficiency, it's best to save both Fire shock and guided lightning, and use continual focus on the one that is not on cooldown.

### Final notes ###
    This is to make the most out of your stats, but to actually do meaningfull damage, go out, get a job, cash in and get a +15 or +16... with that all the previous won't matter, just pew pew pew and the boss will lie down dead before the battle even starts. no skill, top damage dealt, easy peasy.
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    So the forum doesn't allow me to write too long posts...
    i'll link you a document i created to expain a bit the concept behind dpsing with evie... i'm not super pro, but if you're at the beginning you'll find this quite detailed
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZtOxN30Tw3Q53opQvRMyaXDZh4YD-0JZRj5IeTTdP0/edit?usp=sharing
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    I wrote this file trying to help you :)
    i'm still improving it, so feel free to drop me a feedback
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JZtOxN30Tw3Q53opQvRMyaXDZh4YD-0JZRj5IeTTdP0/edit#heading=h.z31cl5oqcq6n
  • NitroLuxNitroLux
    It depends a lot on the boss and your attack speed.

So let's talk about theoretical DPS for a moment, later on we'll try to apply that to real bosses

### Part 1 ###
    Those are the spells you're going to use ordered from top damage to bottom:
    1) raze
    2) fire shock
    3) guided ligtning
    4) fire storm
    5) lightning wave / ice spear (depending if the boss is big enough so you can hit all your lighnings)
    6) firebolt
    7) lightning bolt
    8) ice blow
    9) ice blast
    10) magic arrow

On top of that, you have to factor in your fire mastery. Each fire spells will increase the damage of the next. at 3 fire spells you'll apply a DoT to the boss and the count will be reset.

Immagining you're against a sand-bag, the optimal dps would be:
    Raze -> firebolt -> fire storm -> fire shock -> guided lightning -> continue with whatever spell untill fire spells come off cooldown and repeat
    what comes after guided lightning usually depends on your attack speed.
    Also, DPS is defined as the ratio of damage over time, so we'll have to maximise our damage (choosing the right spell to cast) and minimize combo time.
    That's where Continual Focus (CF) and Flying Sparrow (FS) comes in handy.
    If your intent is DPSing, you should always use CF for lvl 4 spells, because it saves most time. But don't use the second spell right away, use CF to re-save an other lvl 4 spell, so you won't have to load it on the next spell rotation.
    Depending on you attack speed, it might be faster you use sparrow to start on lvl 2 focus.

### Part 2 ###
    Now that we have the basics covered, we need to apply that to a real boss... one that moves and attacks.

The key concept is the same. Maximise damage, minimize "wasted" time.
    You have to know WHICH spell is going to hit the boss, even before casting them. For example, firebolt has a "long" cast time and medium travel speed. It's probably going to miss if you use it against an enemy that is jumping/running away from you. That's why you have to know that BEFORE you cast the spell. In those scenarios it's better to cast other long range spells (like ice spear) or if the boss is too fast, save your spell and get back close to the enemy.

An other important thing is dodging/ambering attacks! wasting time on recovery animations is bad.
    Depending on the attack, it might be better to dodge with sparrow, so you can start casting your next spell right away. some other times it's just better to amber and wait for an other opportunity.
    Remember one thing though, amber has a minimum "shield" time of 1 second, you can cancel amber sooner only if it's perfect amber (using amber right before getting attacked) so you should really practice doing only pefect ambers and cancel them as soon as the attacks are over. remember, we have to avoid wasted idle time? one second is a LOT.

Last very important thing, use saved spells as soon as possible. you never know when the boss is going to disapear or going in some invulnerable animation.
    Use that time to save up more spells that you can unload on the boss soon after.
    Don't be the evie that uses the /dance animation while Regina is doing her OHKO (on hit KO). Save spells and make her regret that later.

So yea, i guess you guessed it by know, you have to learn every boss patterns and what's the best thing to do for every possible attack that is comming to you.

### Extras ###
    If you used 4sec CD reduction as CF awakening, lvl 4 spells will have the same cooldown as CF... but if you used 5s instead, they will be ready 1 sec earlyer so to maximize efficiency, it's best to save both Fire shock and guided lightning, and use continual focus on the one that is not on cooldown.

### Final notes ###
    This is to make the most out of your stats, but to actually do meaningfull damage, go out, get a job, cash in and get a +15 or +16... with that all the previous won't matter, just pew pew pew and the boss will lie down dead before the battle even starts. no skill, top damage dealt, easy peasy.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited January 19, 2018
    u need to abuse the double hit counts bug for a few spells to maximize her dmg potential. Playing with a routine would only make you competitive , without the glitch abusing it's quite impossible to catch up to the top tier classes.

the following spells have a multi hit counts bug that could be utilised (i forgot their names so I will just use stage names instead.
    • lightning 4
    • fire 4 (only in SQ and Regina, can't reproduce in other raids so far)
    • ice 3
    • ice 4

among all the named above, only lightning 4 and ice 4 are the easiest to replicate. You could watch this vid to learn the mechanic of the tweak.

PhoebeHalliwel
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    Samalenko wrote: »
    u need to abuse the double hit counts bug for a few spells to maximize her dmg potential. Playing with a routine would only make you competitive , without the glitch abusing it's quite impossible to catch up to the top tier classes.

the following spells have a multi hit counts bug that could be utilised (i forgot their names so I will just use stage names instead.
    • lightning 4
    • ice 3
    • ice 4

among all the named above, only lightning 4 and ice 4 are the easiest to reproduce. You could watch this vid to learn the mechanic of the tweak.

How are they doing that (if they are)? I tried to use t4 lightning and ice at pointblank range and couldn't seem to replicate that.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited January 18, 2018

• lightning 4
    • ice 3
    • ice 4

among all the named above, only lightning 4 and ice 4 are the easiest to reproduce. You could watch this vid to learn the mechanic of the tweak.

How are they doing that (if they are)? I tried to use t4 lightning and ice at pointblank range and couldn't seem to replicate that.

the range differs from the staff you are using, the concept is basically using the tit of your staff (where the spell is fired) to touch the target. So the projectile you fire could be registered twice.

But above all it's highly not recommend using joyous crook due to its model.
    • it could bug the fire 4 (i.e. using CF and saved fire 4 at the same time, the fire 4 could hit into the ground dealing no damage)
    • it'd be hard to replicate the double hit bug because spells don't fire at the tit of joyous crook.
    misakamisakaPhoebeHalliwel
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685

the range differs from the staff you are using, the concept is basically using the tit of your staff (where the spell is fired) to touch the target. So the projectile you fire could be registered twice.

But above all it's highly not recommend using joyous crook due to its model.
    • it could bug the fire 4 (i.e. using CF and saved fire 4 at the same time, the fire 4 could hit into the ground dealing no damage)
    • it'd be hard to replicate the double hit bug because spells don't fire at the tit of joyous crook.

Ah I see! I'm using a regina staff x) I'll play around with it and see where to position and see if i can consistently replicate it.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    was requested to explain the multi hit bugs. Will just leave one of my old solo vids here and mark the time stamps, you could check it out if you are interested in knowing the tweak. Read the hit counts and combo numbers so the multi hits are more observable.

Tripple Fire 4th: 0:18
    Double Lightning 4th : 0:25
    Fire 4th cast into the ground (bug) : 1:47

Couldn't find a ice 3rd somehow, but most ppl should have realised the double hit ice spear anyway
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • IdiahIdiah
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Also, reminder that you don't need to invest into Smash Mastery if you play staff