[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Old Quesiton about Ein Lacher and Gear

X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
in General Discussion
I was wondering if it was ever figured out how exactly Ein Lacher worked? All I recall was discussion that your gear didn't matter, but then I heard it did up to a point, etc.

What's the actual way Gear works with Ein Lacher? Does it matter up to a cap Battle Power or Technique Cap? Doesn't matter at all? Will I clear Ein Lacher in same time with free gear or Should I invest in better gear to compelte Ein Lacher faster?

Thanks.

Comments

• BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited January 17, 2018
    In terms of stats, only Balance, Critical, attack speed and Health Points matters.
    You do not need to invest in better gear as the gear the give you should give enough attack speed for you to clear in around ~5min.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Thanks
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited January 17, 2018
    BoatGod wrote: »
    In terms of stats, only Balance, Critical, attack speed and Health Points matters.
    You do not need to invest in better gear as the gear the give you should give enough attack speed for you to clear in around ~5min.

Small correction about the above statement - Last time I looked into it (pre-rise), Balance does not have any significant effect in Ein Lacher. The short explanation is that a 'multiplier' is applied to the final damage done based on the player's balance which in effect equalizes low balance players to players with capped balance. This can be seen by lower balance players actually scoring higher damaging hits than players with high balance. If you want more details, check Shippu's site which is where I posted most of what I found out when looking at the inner workings of Ein Lacher (again, pre-rise though aside from Boss HP values, I haven't heard that anything changed).
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited January 17, 2018
    Pre-rise, ein lacher did use your attack/def and AD, until the cap is reached. The cap was just so low that even purple lvl 90 gear would reach it, (20k attack, 10k def, 120 AD was the pre-rise limit). If you used really low level stuff (like low enhanced lvl 60 gear), you wold actually hit for less damage and take more.

I did not figure out what the crit cap was, but it was somewhere around 100. 110 crit vs 140 crit was the same; but 90 crit had notably less critical hits.

No idea about bal, as all the setups I tried was with 90 bal.

PS: do note I did my ein lacher runs when ein lacher first came out, long before the giant HP nerf and ein lacher pass update; so things could've changed during that time as well.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited January 18, 2018
    I don't exactly know if crit matters, but even if it does, like 75% of the battles there uses bosses with low crit caps. If its true that balance doesn't matters like said above, it would be a good idea to scroll a new set of accesories with fast (which afaik is a cheap scroll).
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Good point, might consider it.