[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Main Story Summary

Comments

• GricielGriciel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    About the new update, what does the name of the Raid "The Price of Failure" mean?
    I have done the story up to the Aes's part, but I could find any clue about which failure and what was the price that was paid.
  • RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    Griciel wrote: »
    About the new update, what does the name of the Raid "The Price of Failure" mean?
    I have done the story up to the Aes's part, but I could find any clue about which failure and what was the price that was paid.

The main page states that we have seen what magic does to others, now it's time to see what magic can do to you. It's about Aes Sidhe who is a mage with the ambition to become a god but in the end he failed and was punished, serving as a gatekeeper for the gods.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Too much reading in the game
  • MiraakMiraak
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    when i done a sub quest about Arcana it said Arcana actually come from Neam dead body
  • MiraakMiraak
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    when i done a sub quest about Arcana it said Arcana actually come from Neam dead body
  • RhilinRhilin
    According to the quest, the humans weren't the only ones trying to bring back dead gods. The Fomors doing experiments of their own on, as it's mentioned above, the corpse of Neamhain resulted in the volcano spirit Arcana inhabiting the body successfully bring the body to life. However she went out of control and started stealing powerful souls, such the mountain was evacuated by all Fomors.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    edited May 21, 2018
    That's probably a typo/mistranslation. It's supposed to be a Nemedian's corpse, not Neamhain's corpse. Nemedians are supposed to be just another race of people. Wouldn't make sense if it was Neam's corpse anyways since she is immortal. The player doesn't actually kill Neamhain in the story, they just break the glass tower and put a stop on her plans to spread the infection.
  • RhilinRhilin
    It's doesn't say that the player's the one who killed it. Also god's are known to leave corpses as well (Cromm Cruatch). Also as far as I know one of Berbhe's inhabitants were Nemedians, maybe it was the Priest but unsure. Personally think their human forms aren't that different from normal humans otherwise they wouldn't have fooled the army yet Arcana is Neamhain's height. As well Neamhain is incomplete ressurection so it's entirely possible she has a corpse left from the previous cycle.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I finished that quest recently and it said "Nemedian's corpse" so either you accidentally read it wrong or it was a typo and they recently changed it.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited June 2, 2018
    Nemedians are basically humans who are fomors. Neamhain has nothing to do with Arcana. Neamhain is so tall only for gameplay purposes, like Regina and Lugh, who are player size in cutscenes (although they could be little bigger due to being elves).
  • RhilinRhilin
    I read the main page and it does say Nemedian so it's my mistake. "Humans who are fomors" is kinda confusing. We have Fomors who took light shade to turn into humans and humans who took Fomor's religion of sorts and live with them albeit on a lower tier. As far as I remember Nemedians were the latter with only the priest being a Nemedian.

Lugh is taller since he is an former god and gods are usually depicted as taller in most situations. Regina is an elf queen so she can't really be considered normal as well in addition that most high ranking elves were bigger in size as well.

But then again something as consistent height is probably not in devCAT's priority list.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited June 3, 2018
    While Lugh is referred to as "God of Light", he's not really a god at all. He is hero of the past and went through the same path as we do now (although less twisted and complicated, as stated by Muir, the hero's guide). If anything, Fragarach is what holds the power. But again, there are 2 cutscenes with Lugh, where his size is more normal, and one with Regina and Cichol. This is not surprising at all after Keaghan, Iset and Succubus Queen party play issues.

As for Nemedians - we don't truly know what they are, and apparently the NPCs don't either. They are pretty much fomorian version of humans. Anytime there's mention of humans, the speak is about non-nemedians. This is what we know:
    Culann wrote:
    ...Do Nemedians count as humans?
    Culann wrote:
    I mean humans. Nemedians are a type of human, after all. Do they call the women oracles and the men priests? Is she the same as him, then?
    Macklin wrote:
    This town is almost like a haven for lost souls. The folks who live her are quite... unique. We've got a Nemedian priest, a half-blood Fomor, a Gremlin, an unusual ogre, and the Silent Knights...
    Jornin wrote:
    He's not just a Nemedian, but a human? Hmm... Wait a minute. Have you met my sister? Her name's Dianann. She should've been back by now. I wonder if she's okay...
    Macklin wrote:
    Ah, I'll just spit it out, then. We're Fomors. Not separatists, not humans in disguise. We're real Fomors. Gertrude, Roma, and Rema are Gremlins. I'm half-Kobold, half-Gremlin. Jornin's a Cassian. Culann is an ogre. Lechaud is the only human among us. Well, he's a Nemedian, to be precise. But he's still the Divine Priest. There was another who didn't take the potion... But he's no longer with us. When I said that potion fights the infection like a vaccine, I wasn't kiddin'. Thing is, if ya take this potion, you'll take on the form of a human. In this town, everyone chose to take on a human form. That means all the Fomors ya saw outside are converts. And those weird priests showed up right when the infection started to spread. Said they worship a "new doctrine." They promised the converts protection from the infection in exchange fer complete loyalty to their faith. No one anticipated the impact of it all... The complete loss of compassion, the overwhelmin' apathy... Those priests were so jealous of the humans' immunity that they destroyed the Nemedian town and started fightin' each other. A massacre took place in that Nemedian town on the way here. Lechaud was the sole survivor... The remainin' Silent Knights managed to rescue Lechaud and brought him to this town."
    So yes, only Leuchad is a Nemedian, rest are polymorphed to prevent infection from getting them.

Ps. Apparently Diannan is Jornin's sister, who's Cassian (what ever is that).
  • RhilinRhilin
    So Nemedians are certain type of humans, a subspecies.

Also as far as I remember Lugh and Muir were gods, as bona fide as you can get. But at some point they gave up on godhood and their wings. Miur became a mortal (I think?) and Lugh became the hero of the last cycle.

P.S. What Diannan is not a human? Deffinately missed that.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Rhilin wrote: »
    So Nemedians are certain type of humans, a subspecies.

Also as far as I remember Lugh and Muir were gods, as bona fide as you can get. But at some point they gave up on godhood and their wings. Miur became a mortal (I think?) and Lugh became the hero of the last cycle.

P.S. What Diannan is not a human? Deffinately missed that.

I'm not sure but I think I remember Lugh was more of an adopted son of Muir so I'm guessing he's human
  • RhilinRhilin
    He is adopted yes, but I believe both of them were gods up to a point.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited June 5, 2018
    Kurs wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I think I remember Lugh was more of an adopted son of Muir so I'm guessing he's human
    He's obviously an elf - look at his outfit and ears, including NPC portrait.
    Mannanan made the elf Dauna his son and led him on the path of a hero. Dauna was recognized by Fragarach and received the name of the Shining One, Lugh Lamhfada, known all over Erinn. But Shining Lugh could not break free from the bonds of destiny. When the Goddess and the Devil sealed the evil dragon, Mannanan made a promise with the vanishing Shining Lugh. It was the end of everything, and he was the last hero. He spread his wings and made Shining Lugh and Fragarach sleep forever in paradise. God lost his divinity and became human. Even the last of them, the goddess of strife, fell asleep. The promise and the hero's name were forgotten. The priest chose the path of doom, and the magician chose the path of eternal life.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Need op or someone continue summarizing the stories after arkana pls :c
  • RhilinRhilin
    After arkana is Rupacitus which is current. I'll leave it to someone like SiRFI since I personally found some aspects confusing from the peeks through time.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    We don't know much about Aes Sidhe - he wanted more power, but got trapped in Erinn entrance instead. There was a mention of him "being a great warrior once". Perhaps he's the mentioned priest who has chosen path of doom.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited June 24, 2018
    Arkana episode:

After the conflict caused by the Goddess Remnant usage in Berbhe, we found a seal used by believers of Macha. It had written "Jardin" on it as well. Want to know what Macha plans are, so we started asking the town people about it, but without results. The innkeeper told us what is it - a place:
    If you're talking about Jardin Volcano, then yes. You can't go there though. No one can. It's a restricted area. Though, since you're a human... It might be okay... I wonder if that old road is still intact.
    And said that Macklin might know more. We went back to him, and he elaborated on the topic since he could no longer pretend he doesn't know a thing.

With the hints, we found a path to this place and found weird machinery and Arcana. We fought her, and after her defeat - Macha (as Ceara) appeared with Enok for a short chat. During the chat it was confirmed that we were indeed inverse-summoned to the place with Aes, to receive a blessing for Fragarach.
    Culann wrote:
    So that's the blessed Fragarach. Since you held your own against Arcana, I can only assume that idiot finally did something right.
    More importantly - we didn't actually meet Morrigan, but her imitation. We were actually baited to come here and defeat Arcana, as they needed something from her:
    Enok wrote:
    I have obtained all the materials you require. Now, my goddess, shall we go?
    Shortly after they left. We started investigating the place and found the scientist logs:
    The goal of the Arcana experiment was simple. We were to place the Jardin Volcano spirit into the dead Nemedian's body... We were successful. The spirit had full control of its new body, and we knew we were ready for more complex challenges. But our second experiment was a complete failure. The ancient spirit vanished without a trace. Soon after, Arcana's physical ability rapidly improved. It was as if... she had absorbed that spirit's strength. When our other specimens began to disappear from their enclosures, our suspicions were confirmed. Some of our Fomor collaborators argued to stop the experiments. They feared what she would become. And rightly so... During one of our tests, a researcher came into direct contact with Arcana and died instantly. It seems she is not only capable of absorbing other spirits, but the souls of living creatures as well. When we finally realized our mistake, it was too late. Arcana has gone wild. We can no longer control her. Even our armies are no match for her. I fear all will soon be lost...
    When we returned to town, we learned that "another human army is approaching the town" - the Pontiff Court, which is in conflict with Royal Army due to recent events.
    MochiSweetMiraak