[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gust Sting

misakamisakamisakamisaka
Vindictus Rep: 1,685
in Lann
Have any of you had any success in using/controlling gust sting and getting it to crit and then being able to glide off the crit? I've been starting to play my lann more recently, specifically more swords than spears and I've noticed that I'll randomly gust sting after I glide the first time (I think mostly because I'm hoping I'll get a lightning fury off right after) and whenever it does crit when I try to glide off that, I can't. I've tried to stop spam clicking and just waiting for the crit sign to appear before clicking and I've had a bit of success in being able to glide off a gust sting crit although I'm not sure if that solved the problem because sometimes I still won't be able to.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried not holding down any directional keys when I do it and sometimes it still doesn't work either. Maybe it's my internet? Reason I'm asking this is because back then you used to be able to spam gust sting when a boss was down and hopefully get crits on each so you could spam glides for damage.

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 5, 2018
    I don't know your build, but once my atspd got to ~70 or higher I basically got into the habit of assuming I would crit, and time things accordingly ;-) (And I would have the speed to smash a space if I didn't manage to crit to avoid getting hit.)

That said I almost always use moves that will give you 2 or more attacks to manage a crit instead of one. And honestly I don't use gust sting at all.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited January 6, 2018
    Gliding off a gust sting or sprint smash is really wonky and rather inconsistent especially if you are not the host. This is noticeable even with 4bars while 3 or less is almost impossible.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Just a little follow up. I tested 5 runs of Kraken head gust sting for kicks. At least hosting I managed to get all my crits on 4 of the 5 runs without thinking much. But then when I started really thinking about how I was timing it... I managed to bif like 3 crits in a row :-)

From what I see when I use gust sting you end up waiting a split second more to glide off of the crit. Again so much easier to catch the crit if you just do a LR combo since you can hit your left mouse any time in the animation and will glide, obviously DC does this too. (And DPS/mobility wise DC>LR>gust.)

Good luck figuring out what works best for you.
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    edited January 13, 2018
    Thanks guys. Seeing as gust sting is only one smash and is rather inconsistent, I just use LR now to sneak in glides for damage when the boss is knocked down/someone is using their hold skill. Plus LR is two smashes instead of one so I guess it's better to find crits.

Again thanks, helped a lot in making my gameplay a little bit smoother. Now to work on hitting that dullahan/aes crit cap (^: