[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can I even come back?

HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited January 12, 2018 in Account Support
So I was thinking of coming back to try all the new stuff. I left before the "awesome" rise update, I think. I can't recall exactly when. Anyways, I hear something about a migration, and if you didn't xfer your char, it's now deleted. Is this true? I know I could download the game again and see, but I don't wanna deal with the trouble. I sent in a ticket, but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it's cuz there's like 1 or 2 people left running this game and they're busy. Idk. Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    edited January 12, 2018
    Yes. If you didn't transfer your characters they are lost.
  • HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
    Well that sux. I never knew or I would have transferred. Always planned coming back. I mean, I've taking breaks from vindi before, so I figured I could do it again. Guess not... lol. Thanks for letting me know. +best
  • SteyStey
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    edited January 12, 2018
    Furiel wrote: »

Uh, I am pretty sure the transfer was automatic if we are talking about the "North America" server merge. I didn't have to do anything to move any of my characters, and I had multiple on East, Australia, and West servers. Granted I was active during merge, but don't know if it's different if you were inactive for X amount of time.

The only thing that was "deleted" would be your character name changing if there was another person with more hours with the same name on a different server, and Nexon gave a free name change to those affected.
    Sir_Render
  • HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
    Oh? Well, that's good news if true. I might DL after all. Now I need to read up on the changes. I don't wanna waste my returning +luck on garbage.
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    Stey wrote: »
    Furiel wrote: »

Uh, I am pretty sure the transfer was automatic if we are talking about the "North America" server merge. I didn't have to do anything to move any of my characters, and I had multiple on East, Australia, and West servers. Granted I was active during merge, but don't know if it's different if you were inactive for X amount of time.

The only thing that was "deleted" would be your character name changing if there was another person with more hours with the same name on a different server, and Nexon gave a free name change to those affected.

If the OP is an EU player who didn't transfer their characters when they switched to P R E M I E R E then their characters are gone. If OP is not an EU player, disregard this message. +best
    Sir_RenderDokkun
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    EU → NA migration took months (like over half an year?), Vindictus was one of the last games to migrate. That said, You possibly accepted the new terms etc. - if so, your character shouldn't be gone. One way to find out?
  • HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
    I'm NA. Was on West. Is there still such a thing? Or is everyone on one server?
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    edited January 13, 2018
    I'm NA. Was on West. Is there still such a thing? Or is everyone on one server?

We had a server merge awhile back. Your acc should be fine, if you had characters on east server its now merged into one.
  • HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
    When do they usually have the returning vet event? March?

And does anyone know of a guide with the current status of enhancing in this game? Are the enhancement rates still atrocious? I saw you can buy goib stones in the seal shop now. And there's +13 stones out there?
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Everything up to 13 had enhance rates increased (10 to 12 is still a bit of a chore, though). 13 and higher actually had rates decreased, and you can go up to +20 now. But don't hold your breath. Double booming is no longer a thing, and once a weapon is restored it's bound to you forever.

The stones in the seal shop guarantee a success going to +11, +12, and +13, but only apply to level 90 weapons. The +13 one treats your weapon as a restored one upon use, so it binds to you and cannot go any further. Still, it's insanely good and a +13 weapon is more than enough. If nothing else it will certainly last until you scrape together money for a higher one or get lucky yourself.
    Dokkunclickhere
  • HomeyDKlownHomeyDKlown
    thx. last time i left i had a +14 tswords. i failed the +15 dream. =( boomed a couple +14s going for +15.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Can you? Yes.

Should you with all the cancer? No
  • DragonRiderDragonRider
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I think you should come back -- run some niflheim boats with me.