[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

My opinion on the gift of 30 day Hell Maiden

ZeroheartZeroheart
Vindictus Rep: 7,740
in Suggestions and Feedback
The free 30 days Hell Maiden companion is a bad way to promote the player to actually getting Succubus Mate in the future. It was like showing a preview of a gorgeous sports car and what we get is a skateboard held together with duct tape. Not sure if we are given like the beta version of the pet or something that riddles with issues

Here is the list of problems with Hell Maiden:
- She is not sharable between characters in the account? That means she is worse than a pet.
- Not able to name the Companion.
- No Skills or some default clothing options
- No emotes or dialog, basically a giant balloon doll
- Can her AI be any worst? I attack mid range and she never engage the bosses

Just by these issues, who would want one when they actually do come out? Also I have a feeling that the reason we don't have full 8 man raids anymore is that DOL is forcing this feature down the players throat for the cash grab. (Before someone say they prefer the 4 man stuff, we were able to limit the party size. Also KR still has a bigger player base, so why did they shrink the max limit? )

Can someone confirm how companion really works?
ReziSir_RenderKiyoujiPandaStormCrusher

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 4, 2018
    Actual Hellmaiden has trainable skills. This one is simply a preview of the system to come.

Succubus has all the mentioned working minus better AI that is compensated with better damage she deals than the 30 day Hellmaiden.
    Zeroheart
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Before someone say they prefer the 4 man stuff, we were able to limit the party size.
    Personally I'd prefer middle ground of 6 people, so it fills faster and doesn't require as much resources as 8 people.
    EnigmaTaro
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Actual Hellmaiden has trainable skills. This one is simply a preview of the system to come.

Succubus has all the mentioned working minus better AI that is compensated with better damage she deals than the 30 day Hellmaiden.

Better damage doesn't mean sh*t if she just sits there when in attack range. I have witnessed the handmaiden just stand in place while fighting lakoria. Absolutely worthless. Midnight Wolf is the superior attacking pet choice.
    KiyoujiPanda
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Succu mate might have slightly different AI since she has rather wide AoE slash attacks like the SQ from from Nifl.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 4, 2018
    auto attack AI is meaningless anyways with that low dmg

it all boils down to what skills the permanent version can obtain and if they're worth it
    StormCrusher
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    Also I have a feeling that the reason we don't have full 8 man raids anymore is that DOL is forcing this feature down the players throat for the cash grab. (Before someone say they prefer the 4 man stuff, we were able to limit the party size. Also KR still has a bigger player base, so why did they shrink the max limit? )

I also have that feeling
    it makes me wish someone would find the man responsible and slap him with a wad of money that has been laminated
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Good for kick kill title if you don't have a kai or high ADD to stomp monster with 2k regular kick.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • NotRainNotRain
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    i dont see mine attack AT ALL, they could give her a 1 shot to bosses and she'll still be useless from what i can tell
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited January 4, 2018
    If you hotkey her you can enable and disable her ability to attack, you'll know based on if it has a flashing border or not....
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Other then her Sailor V Kick, I think for now she's pretty pointless, I also don't like the way she was made I've had her very close while I've camped and seen her thighs and it looks like she has a skin disease from the black smooshing into her leg color. Yikes. Here's hoping to improve her usefulness and her mesh. But hey at least we don't have to feed them! +best
    StormCrusher
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited January 7, 2018
    Other then her Sailor V Kick, I think for now she's pretty pointless, I also don't like the way she was made I've had her very close while I've camped and seen her thighs and it looks like she has a skin disease from the black smooshing into her leg color. Yikes. Here's hoping to improve her usefulness and her mesh. But hey at least we don't have to feed them! +best

Admit you zoomed just to stare on her boobs . I hope we can customize her look in future , she remindes cow now
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Good thing is she doesn't expire as long as you don't use her. So when I come back 3 years later with only 12 people online and use Hellish Handmaiden, they'll be so confused that it'll be worth wasting my disk space.

But by then that l33t new magical AMD hardware I'll have will give me so much disk space thanks to its exploit-immune quantum superpositioning capabilities that I guess I won't have to worry about space at all!
  • DrustanDrustan
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    edited January 10, 2018
    -Wait, why does everyone seem to know about a succubus mate? I always read the kr mainpage and the future content forum but haven't seen anything about this at all.-
    Edit: nvm searched a bit harder and found the topic
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Drustan wrote: »
    Wait, why does everyone seem to know about a succubus mate? I always read the kr mainpage and the future content forum but haven't seen anything about this at all.

Here you go

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/10158/succubus-mate/p1
    Drustan