[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

would you ever whale?

RedTerraRedTerra
Vindictus Rep: 610
edited January 5, 2018 in General Discussion
I just whaled on the Death Cube because I really wanted the Blossom set, but no more. The only other time I may whale is when we get 100 level weapons. I will buy runes and unbinds and keep trying until I get +13 or better.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Would I ever whale? hold on, let me get some coin out of my butt that I don't have.
  • RedTerraRedTerra
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    edited January 5, 2018
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    Would I ever whale? hold on, let me get some coin out of my butt that I don't have.

I completely understand. The only reason I had money for the Death Cube was from a Christmas gift card I got. I don't have disposable income unless I do stuff like product testing for a cosmetics company near me. I really shouldn't spend the money cause I'm on the poor spectrum, but I also have that gambling bug in me :/
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    No point when plenty of gold literally lies on the ground.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    I'd never whale.. too poor irl.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I only whail
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    ...You don't have a butt?
    You poor bastard.

(I know what you meant, but I also know what your grammar says you meant.)
    Sir_RenderReziPrettyyKiyoujiPanda
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    The only things i buy in Vindi is Avatar sets for new characters that interest me
    EnigmaTaroKiyoujiPanda
  • BryanZubineBryanZubine
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    I'm usually down to whale, get some cool stuff and support my favorite game so double whammy! Thats just me though. Also a favor to the people considering gachas but are on the fence: If you cannot afford to spend money on it then don't it do. Its a damn shame having to listen to whinners on megas. Just farm yer gold and buy airtights!
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I know better than to gacha. Give me the option to buy an item straight up and I'll consider it. I don't gamble.
    FreakingAngelSir_RenderBabyDani
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    Why would you spend ridiculous amounts of real life money on a dead game?

East, West and AUS servers were merged not too long ago most likely due to having so little players on each of the individual servers. Safe to say the game is on it's deathbed.

So why spend all this money on a game that is in serious danger of shutting down at any moment? Multiple servers being merged just to try and salvage what little there's left of the community. You have staff running the game that rarely even bother to speak to you. Countless threads being made asking questions to staff, looking for any response at all and most of it is ignored and goes unanswered unless it has to do with money or threatens Nexon's financial revenue. Better uses for my money out there other than throwing it at people who only care about my wallet at the end of the day.

And then an entire update ('Rise') that was obviously made to try and milk money out of the whales that are still playing and clueless about what's really going on with the game and others I guess just have spent so much cash on the game already there's no turning back lol While others are just in denial of the state of the game (I was too for a while) and continue to spend money on a lost cause.
    ReziSir_RenderPhoebeHalliwel
  • ReziRezi
    @FreakingAngel

Because we're trying to extend an MMO like this as long as possible before a real spiritual sequel actually gets released, internationally if the fates would have it. Most of them are cancelled right before launch (conspiracy theories about Nexon involvement abound), and the closes we get are games like BDO which mimic the physics somewhat but woefully not the actual combat.

The action hack and slash genre has been building in following thanks to Playstation and Steam, so I'd imagine some people just want to keep Vindi up until its proper replacement gets installed onto our systems and its servers come online.
    Sir_Render
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    Rezi wrote: »

The action hack and slash genre has been building in following thanks to Playstation and Steam, so I'd imagine some people just want to keep Vindi up until its proper replacement gets installed onto our systems and its servers come online.

Dynasty Warriors 9 comes out soon
    I'm just waiting for Xtreame legends and hoping it's similar to 5 with Online open world function
    I'm also going to Jump on monster hunter when it comes out later this year for steam
    Rezi
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    edited January 7, 2018
    @Rezi

So your rationale for spending crazy amounts of money on a dead game is to extend the life of it, keep it alive until someone else decides to create a game with a better combat system, whenever that may be. Doesn't sound like a very good argument to me. But it's your money, everyone is free to spend it how they wish. Just sounds very foolish to me but then again Vindictus and the pay2win players aka Whales have shown me that you don't need to be very bright or intelligent to have thousands of dollars to waste.

Don't get me wrong Vindictus' combat system is unmatched compared to any other MMO I've seen so far but when you consider everything else about the game that is nothing but bad, the dwindling playerbase, terrible management of the game, how moneyhungry Nexon is, the way they put money before players (we've been having to put up with laggy Royal Army Raids since it was first released several years ago because they'd rather profit off of the whales and their wallets than upgrade the servers and give us an enjoyable experience with good servers for Royal Army Raids, can't profit off of the whales if they're having to buy new servers right?). This terrible Rise update which caused even more players to leave in flocks, majority of players clearly didn't like the Rise update (yeah sure there was a handful that absolutely loved it but that's the minority, most hated it).

You have innocent players being banned due to this broken autoban system then when they're unbanned they're told "if you get banned again it will be permanent next time even if it's our mistake". Does this sound fair to you at all? So basically you're throwing your money at what could be the most evil and greediest game company in existence. You're giving money to people who mistreat the community as a whole on a daily basis, they don't have a care in the world about how we feel at all, only thing that matters is your money, this is what you support? You're willing to overlook all the very wrong things going on surrounding this game, the terrible staff running it just because you like the combat.

It's like saying "oh I'm going to support this charity that is just stealing money from the poor and needy and not even using the donations properly because they have the fanciest advertisements" or whatever other single reason you thought they were a great charity organization when really it's the total opposite.

You are literally being exploited, wake up. They see how much players, especially the whales like to finally be able to feel special and get attention somewhere, how much they love the vanity, looking flashy so they can feel important in front of others for once in their lives so they lock away the most popular vanity item pieces and sets behind what's called gachaphons where most of the time you're going to end up spending a large chunk of cash to get that set you wanted. As someone very much into studying psychology it's fascinating how Nexon is able to keep a hold on the whales and casuals down to a psychological level holding these vanity items over their heads because they know how much the whales want them so of course you're going to be made to pay up for it. Oh your "luck" was so bad that you still couldn't get that set you wanted? Don't worry just give us $200 and you can get whichever set you want.

But like I said, people are just in denial or they just have that "out of sight out of mind" mentality which is actually a mirror to how our society is in the real world as well - who cares that prisoners are being treated like animals and being fed "food" that clearly states "not for human consumption", who cares about all these terrible things that are very wrong going on in the world because all that matters is your own happiness and pleasures, if it's not directly affecting you who cares right? Well thankfully Vindictus is a much smaller 'society' and mistreating so many players, neglecting them will only last so long and we're beginning to see the effects of that before our very eyes - server merges because not enough players are left on the individual servers, "Quick Battle" introduced because players couldn't even find parties to raid with in the previous system, party size reduced to 4 from 8 because there's not enough players to be doing 8 man raids everywhere like before, the list goes on but this is Nexon panicking and having to adjust to so many players leaving. All there's really left is the whales and casuals for the most part and the Rise update is fueled by their greed for money so the game was altered completely to appeal to those players and milk those whales and their wallets as much as possible before the game goes down for good.

Take the change to enhancing - now you can't enhance your weapon after its been restored once. This means you'll end up spending twice the amount of NX and gold to reach that high enhance level you always wanted, a 100% increase in profits for Nexon. More money the whales have to spend on enhance projects.
    You continue to throw money at these people and by doing that you're telling them you're okay with this. You can't give me a good reason why it's fair to have to potentially expend twice the amount of resources to reach the same high enhance levels as before.

And no, Vindictus isn't some godsend for the hack and slash genre. When hack and slash games are being discussed I rarely ever here Vindictus mentioned. Instead people think of games like Monster Hunter or God of War, I'm sure there's others but its not coming to me right now and I haven't looked into hack and slash games specifically very much. Vindictus seems to cater to a very niche audience, it's just a niche game at this point.

Vindictus had amazing potential and yes it could've definitely inspired some even more amazing MMOs but sadly the wrong people got their moneygrubbing paws on it and they completely destroyed the game from the bottom up, completely changed what it once was, now the only game left is "let's milk the whales before they quit". No one really knows or cares about Vindictus in general. Almost every single other gamer I try to talk to about Vindictus have never even heard about the game. And Nexon did that themselves, they're responsible for that. You don't advertise the game at all, you don't take care for players like you should and instead shi t on them, you continuously make mistake after mistake and have showed how incompetent you are since the release of the game, you hardly ever even want to speak to players and the community so as a result many players have a deep hatred for you. They might put up with it for a while but eventually they're fed up and leave. And sadly the state of the game will only continue to get worse.

But do whatever makes you happy. Maybe being a whale and spending thousands on a dead game just to make your character look flashy and feel important while you do those same battles and raids you repeat every single day is what makes you happy. You're spending crazy amounts of cash for what? To repeat that same cycle of battles and/or raids that you do every day? That's it? A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable not a chore and that sounds like a chore more than anything. Or maybe spending hundreds of dollars just to get that new vanity set that not many others have or just to get it firstmakes you feel special. Then there's the whales that like to spend thousands on getting the highest stats possible and the funny thing is you're going to have to spend thousands again 6 months later or whenever the next level cap increases, all those items you applied attack limit removal to won't be the best anymore, now you need to go spend money on a whole new set again, it's a vicious cycle and Nexon knows exactly what they're doing, this will insure you keep spending. Just remember you're pouring money into a dead game. The overwhelming majority of the cool people, actually mature players, the vets have all left, hardly anyone plays this game anymore. Look on megaphones and what do you see? Nothing but spam and immature kids spamming "REEEEE" like idiots, the millennials that think being stupid is cool.

I could go on and on but you get the idea, I'll just put it bluntly - being a whale in Vindictus in 2018 is laughable and honestly you actually get very little respect from the respectable humble players in the game, the ones that aren't making fools of themselves on megaphones or other places, the vets that know what's really going on and what's up with Nexon. We know full well that you're being exploited and you're blind to it or maybe you just don't care and don't mind it at all and you continue to spend money on that vanity or to boost your stats to try and impress strangers, people you don't even know or care about you at the end of the day. Humble yourselves, have some respect for yourself, try to be content with what you're able to get without spending crazy amounts of cash supporting one of the worst game companies around. You're giving money to the same people who decided that we deserved less rewards for that golden coin event compared to other regions for some reason. After so many complaints about Nexon NA giving us crumbs when Korea got much better rewards they finally decided to give us what we deserved. This is how little respect Nexon has for its Vindictus players. And you continue to support this. What does that say about you and your character when you condone this behavior.
    FuzetsuCuraiHotaruVladinoArishantePhoebeHalliwelHangeZoeAmenari
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 7, 2018
    Everytime I see someone post wall-o'-text like this here I have an irresistible urge to tell them to start writing a book. The superfluity is simply appalling.

NA/EU have never been and won't ever be Nexoff's target audience.
    ReziSir_Render
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited January 7, 2018
    Why would you spend ridiculous amounts of real life money on a dead game?

East, West and AUS servers were merged not too long ago most likely due to having so little players on each of the individual servers. Safe to say the game is on it's deathbed.

So why spend all this money on a game that is in serious danger of shutting down at any moment? Multiple servers being merged just to try and salvage what little there's left of the community. You have staff running the game that rarely even bother to speak to you. Countless threads being made asking questions to staff, looking for any response at all and most of it is ignored and goes unanswered unless it has to do with money or threatens Nexon's financial revenue. Better uses for my money out there other than throwing it at people who only care about my wallet at the end of the day.

And then an entire update ('Rise') that was obviously made to try and milk money out of the whales that are still playing and clueless about what's really going on with the game and others I guess just have spent so much cash on the game already there's no turning back lol While others are just in denial of the state of the game (I was too for a while) and continue to spend money on a lost cause.

You clearly never played games that were going to get shut down.I have

In a dying game (think atlantica which was owned by nx) first they try to milk the game as much as possible with sales over sales then they update at a very slow pace until no new updates are in sight.

Vindi is far from that.They import updates according to a schedule from the parent version of the game and on top of that this game uses peer2peer connection and very few elements of the game actually require a dedicated server to host them.
    These 2 factors ensure the game will run for a very long time before they even consider selling it/shutting it down.

You can save your doomsday predictions for a couple more years.Everyone's been bitching that the game is dying ever since late Season 1,then whole Season 2.
    ReziSir_RenderPrettyyBabyDaniA_Little_EerieAmenari
  • CuraiHotaruCuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    edited January 7, 2018
    @Rezi

So your rationale for spending crazy amounts of money on a dead game is to extend the life of it, keep it alive until someone else decides to create a game with a better combat system, whenever that may be. Doesn't sound like a very good argument to me. But it's your money, everyone is free to spend it how they wish. Just sounds very foolish to me but then again Vindictus and the pay2win players aka Whales have shown me that you don't need to be very bright or intelligent to have thousands of dollars to waste.

Don't get me wrong Vindictus' combat system is unmatched compared to any other MMO I've seen so far but when you consider everything else about the game that is nothing but bad, the dwindling playerbase, terrible management of the game, how moneyhungry Nexon is, the way they put money before players (we've been having to put up with laggy Royal Army Raids since it was first released several years ago because they'd rather profit off of the whales and their wallets than upgrade the servers and give us an enjoyable experience with good servers for Royal Army Raids, can't profit off of the whales if they're having to buy new servers right?). This terrible Rise update which caused even more players to leave in flocks, majority of players clearly didn't like the Rise update (yeah sure there was a handful that absolutely loved it but that's the minority, most hated it).

You have innocent players being banned due to this broken autoban system then when they're unbanned they're told "if you get banned again it will be permanent next time even if it's our mistake". Does this sound fair to you at all? So basically you're throwing your money at what could be the most evil and greediest game company in existence. You're giving money to people who mistreat the community as a whole on a daily basis, they don't have a care in the world about how we feel at all, only thing that matters is your money, this is what you support? You're willing to overlook all the very wrong things going on surrounding this game, the terrible staff running it just because you like the combat.

It's like saying "oh I'm going to support this charity that is just stealing money from the poor and needy and not even using the donations properly because they have the fanciest advertisements" or whatever other single reason you thought they were a great charity organization when really it's the total opposite.

You are literally being exploited, wake up. They see how much players, especially the whales like to finally be able to feel special and get attention somewhere, how much they love the vanity, looking flashy so they can feel important in front of others for once in their lives so they lock away the most popular vanity item pieces and sets behind what's called gachaphons where most of the time you're going to end up spending a large chunk of cash to get that set you wanted. As someone very much into studying psychology it's fascinating how Nexon is able to keep a hold on the whales and casuals down to a psychological level holding these vanity items over their heads because they know how much the whales want them so of course you're going to be made to pay up for it. Oh your "luck" was so bad that you still couldn't get that set you wanted? Don't worry just give us $200 and you can get whichever set you want.

But like I said, people are just in denial or they just have that "out of sight out of mind" mentality which is actually a mirror to how our society is in the real world as well - who cares that prisoners are being treated like animals and being fed "food" that clearly states "not for human consumption", who cares about all these terrible things that are very wrong going on in the world because all that matters is your own happiness and pleasures, if it's not directly affecting you who cares right? Well thankfully Vindictus is a much smaller 'society' and mistreating so many players, neglecting them will only last so long and we're beginning to see the effects of that before our very eyes - server merges because not enough players are left on the individual servers, "Quick Battle" introduced because players couldn't even find parties to raid with in the previous system, party size reduced to 4 from 8 because there's not enough players to be doing 8 man raids everywhere like before, the list goes on but this is Nexon panicking and having to adjust to so many players leaving. All there's really left is the whales and casuals for the most part and the Rise update is fueled by their greed for money so the game was altered completely to appeal to those players and milk those whales and their wallets as much as possible before the game goes down for good.

Take the change to enhancing - now you can't enhance your weapon after its been restored once. This means you'll end up spending twice the amount of NX and gold to reach that high enhance level you always wanted, a 100% increase in profits for Nexon. More money the whales have to spend on enhance projects.
    You continue to throw money at these people and by doing that you're telling them you're okay with this. You can't give me a good reason why it's fair to have to potentially expend twice the amount of resources to reach the same high enhance levels as before.

And no, Vindictus isn't some godsend for the hack and slash genre. When hack and slash games are being discussed I rarely ever here Vindictus mentioned. Instead people think of games like Monster Hunter or God of War, I'm sure there's others but its not coming to me right now and I haven't looked into hack and slash games specifically very much. Vindictus seems to cater to a very niche audience, it's just a niche game at this point.

Vindictus had amazing potential and yes it could've definitely inspired some even more amazing MMOs but sadly the wrong people got their moneygrubbing paws on it and they completely destroyed the game from the bottom up, completely changed what it once was, now the only game left is "let's milk the whales before they quit". No one really knows or cares about Vindictus in general. Almost every single other gamer I try to talk to about Vindictus have never even heard about the game. And Nexon did that themselves, they're responsible for that. You don't advertise the game at all, you don't take care for players like you should and instead shi t on them, you continuously make mistake after mistake and have showed how incompetent you are since the release of the game, you hardly ever even want to speak to players and the community so as a result many players have a deep hatred for you. They might put up with it for a while but eventually they're fed up and leave. And sadly the state of the game will only continue to get worse.

But do whatever makes you happy. Maybe being a whale and spending thousands on a dead game just to make your character look flashy and feel important while you do those same battles and raids you repeat every single day is what makes you happy. You're spending crazy amounts of cash for what? To repeat that same cycle of battles and/or raids that you do every day? That's it? A game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable not a chore and that sounds like a chore more than anything. Or maybe spending hundreds of dollars just to get that new vanity set that not many others have or just to get it firstmakes you feel special. Then there's the whales that like to spend thousands on getting the highest stats possible and the funny thing is you're going to have to spend thousands again 6 months later or whenever the next level cap increases, all those items you applied attack limit removal to won't be the best anymore, now you need to go spend money on a whole new set again, it's a vicious cycle and Nexon knows exactly what they're doing, this will insure you keep spending. Just remember you're pouring money into a dead game. The overwhelming majority of the cool people, actually mature players, the vets have all left, hardly anyone plays this game anymore. Look on megaphones and what do you see? Nothing but spam and immature kids spamming "REEEEE" like idiots, the millennials that think being stupid is cool.

I could go on and on but you get the idea, I'll just put it bluntly - being a whale in Vindictus in 2018 is laughable and honestly you actually get very little respect from the respectable humble players in the game, the ones that aren't making fools of themselves on megaphones or other places, the vets that know what's really going on and what's up with Nexon. We know full well that you're being exploited and you're blind to it or maybe you just don't care and don't mind it at all and you continue to spend money on that vanity or to boost your stats to try and impress strangers, people you don't even know or care about you at the end of the day. Humble yourselves, have some respect for yourself, try to be content with what you're able to get without spending crazy amounts of cash supporting one of the worst game companies around. You're giving money to the same people who decided that we deserved less rewards for that golden coin event compared to other regions for some reason. After so many complaints about Nexon NA giving us crumbs when Korea got much better rewards they finally decided to give us what we deserved. This is how little respect Nexon has for its Vindictus players. And you continue to support this. What does that say about you and your character when you condone this behavior.

Kudos to you, very well written. In the end the players are doing it to themselves by spending so much money on gachas each time they come, just to get an item that will "put you above the rest". Nexon is a very successful company and they know how to milk the sheep. I've quit the game a long time ago, checking the forum time to time in hope of seeing that Vindictus 2 release, that is until a proper game with better combat system comes out.
    FreakingAngel
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus is the only real hack and slash MMO. There have been other games that tried to go full hack and slash but they failed miserably and relied on skill spam (BnS, BDO, etc). In fact, the only company that's managed to do hack and slash correctly is KOG, which made 2.5D sidescrollers, not full 3D (until now; thank the gods for KurtzPel).

So sure, there are great hack and slash games...for singleplayer, and perhaps local multiplayer. But peer2peer and massively? No.

While Nexon is bad, I still hold that NCSoft is the worst. Nexon was always greedy, now so even more; still, it doesn't intentionally kill games off, unlike other companies. If I have to compare it to every other host company, it gets a C. I've seen Fs.
    Sir_Render
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    I'd rather not whale if i had the money and buy myself a better rig to actually be able to run this game lol. At this point you only encourage them to focus on vanity items (+15-20 gear, chairs....really? really?) than actual content and also to transform this game in a mobile-like fighter. Like the previous poster pointed it out... the fact that 2 wrongful bans can kick you out of the game permanently is reason enough not to invest too much time/money. A shame, the game deserved better.
    FreakingAngel
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Point of thread -> Direction of thread

EtEgmOO.png
  • BatSnacksBatSnacks
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    Earlier i was wondering why Ghost in the shell: First Assault Online was missing from the Nexon launcher. I found out that the game was shut down on the 6th of December. I played the game on and off since the closed beta, and while it wasn't as good as I'd hoped, I'm still sad to see it go, and so soon (Shut down after just ONE year!) I'm a huge GiTS fan, and i doubt we'll get a game set in the Stand Alone Complex universe for a long time.

I can't help but worry over Vindictus' future, because its such a special game to me, and most of the directors we've gotten haven't exactly left the game with a good reputation. Vindictus still has the best combat with the most unique weapon choices of any game i know of, and awesome music thats only gotten better over the years, so I support it. I don't whale, but because i support them with my money (albeit rarely) i can always hope for the future, for a new director to step up and breath new life into the game.