[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are they ever going too fix the time issue?

Raiden893SoLRaiden893SoL
Vindictus Rep: 660
in Bug Reporting
So since right now its 7:05am PST but IG it says 3Pm im no longer able too claim the event? It says 12AM to 12AM if i am correct or am i just going crazy?

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 2, 2018
    Are you talking about the +10 coupon? It was from 0:00:01 to 23:59:59 on Jan 1st PST. Now it is 7:12 Jan 2nd PST. The clock isn't on PST. I think the clock just shows GMT?
  • Raiden893SoLRaiden893SoL
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    Welp okay Thanks! but i still hope they fix the IG Clock issue hate not being able too tell time IG
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Google "Golden Miri Event" and look at the dates and times. The last gifts will be next Saturday/Sunday/Monday, but make sure you look at the time for your timezone.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Welp okay Thanks! but i still hope they fix the IG Clock issue hate not being able too tell time IG

The in-game clock uses UTC. They changed it for the NA/EU merge, but I'm not really sure why they bothered to do that. Should've kept the time as PST or have it be based on computer clock.
    Rezi
  • FreakingAngelFreakingAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,350
    Problem is time isn't displaying period during battle with both 'Display Clock' and 'Time' options selected in the UI settings.

Neither the time remaining for the current battle nor the current time show in battle but the clock does show in town.

Battle time is very important for obvious reasons and the clock helps to keep track of when trans resets and how much time you have to trans for the current hour.
  • ikeviikevi
    Problem is time isn't displaying period during battle with both 'Display Clock' and 'Time' options selected in the UI settings.

Neither the time remaining for the current battle nor the current time show in battle but the clock does show in town.

Battle time is very important for obvious reasons and the clock helps to keep track of when trans resets and how much time you have to trans for the current hour.

First this issue isn't really related to OP's question.

That said I never bother with displaying the in game clock because it isn't my time zone, so I can't help you there.

BUT if you are asking for the current battle time left, well having neither of those options selected seems to always work for me. That said... trans reset doesn't exist right now and the only battle that ever gets close to running out of time is neam.
    edited January 2, 2018
    ikevi wrote: »

First this issue isn't really related to OP's question.

That said I never bother with displaying the in game clock because it isn't my time zone, so I can't help you there.

BUT if you are asking for the current battle time left, well having neither of those options selected seems to always work for me. That said... trans reset doesn't exist right now and the only battle that ever gets close to running out of time is neam.

Upon checking the OP's post I see he was talking about a different time issue, I'll start a thread on that to report that bug later on.

I don't know where you're getting this info that trans reset "doesn't exist right now" but you're wrong, that's false.

And while the clock or battle time left options not working is fine for you there's lots of others like me who actually use it.

And no, neam isn't the only battle that risks running out of time even if that might be the case for you. There's a whole lot of newbies out there and lesser geared parties that struggle with raids sometimes and barely get the battle done before time runs out. Keeping track of the battle time left helps them a great deal so they know how much time is left on that tough run, whether they need to trans or not, buy some GGs/GGPs or call in for guild feathers to get the run done before time is up and who knows what other scenarios where the battle time is important.

Helps to think about others and what their needs might be, not just yourself.
  • DinahDinah
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    edited January 2, 2018
    And no, neam isn't the only battle that risks running out of time even if that might be the case for you. There's a whole lot of newbies out there and lesser geared parties that struggle with raids sometimes and barely get the battle done before time runs out. Keeping track of the battle time left helps them a great deal so they know how much time is left on that tough run, whether they need to trans or not, buy some GGs/GGPs or call in for guild feathers to get the run done before time is up and who knows what other scenarios where the battle time is important.

Since you didn't know about the trans reset change, I assume you might not know that they nerfed the raid bosses so much it's unlikely a group would fail because of time running out. (You also get free decent +10 gears when you reach lvl90, so no one can really be "undergeared", unless they choose to)

Only if 4 newbies who don't know what they're doing end up together, then yeah. But odds of that happening is slim to none, there's always at least a veteran within the group
    edited January 3, 2018
    Dinah wrote: »

Since you didn't know about the trans reset change, I assume you might not know that they nerfed the raid bosses so much it's unlikely a group would fail because of time running out. (You also get free decent +10 gears when you reach lvl90, so no one can really be "undergeared", unless they choose to)

Only if 4 newbies who don't know what they're doing end up together, then yeah. But odds of that happening is slim to none, there's always at least a veteran within the group

Yeah no, I've actually been in parties where everyone had these "free +10 decent gears" you claim and still the run has almost failed and that was only because of GG spam, luckily having someone with a lot of them on hand otherwise the run would've failed.

I'm not just sitting here just assuming things and trying to speak for all the newbies saying that +10 gear is "decent" when it's really not - you end up with about 21k attack and balance (which is probably the most important stat in the game to determine overall damage output) sucks. I've actually ran in these parties with the newbies on a weak alt account myself and the runs can get pretty bad.

Had I not been able to easily check the time on a recent Lugh run with all newbies to figure out what we're going to do and notify everyone we only had about 10 minutes left the run would've failed, people wouldn't be rushing to grab GGs and guild feathers which ultimately saved the run just in time.

It's easy to sit on your pedestal where you don't have to worry about what newbies are really going through day to day and say "oh that free +10 gear is decent" when the set sucks because your balance still ends up being terrible with meh attack already, it's easy to say "oh there's always at least a veteran within the group" when we all know that's not true, the server isn't just filled with vets able to carry newbies in every single run, that's just not the case. Maybe for you there's always a well geared player in your parties but don't try and say that always happens for everyone else on the server because it doesn't.
  • ReziRezi
    edited January 3, 2018
    The only way I could get through most of S3 is because of the free unlimited respawns. Now I'm at Donegal, no parties, still with that free +10 gear, and I can't even get to the boss. I died about 20 times from the first boss I can remember, who had what is equivalent to an OHKO. This is all on Miri, who I'm very used to by now and can easily adapt to different tactics with.

When I first did Regina with that +10 gear, everybody was spamming potions. The build up rate for OHKO was way too fast, and I died tons of times before realizing how to avoid it. Then there was Braha, Glas, Lugh...

To be honest, DevCat really screwed up with S3 mats. The notion that you can get any material from any battle, making S3 all level 90 and only having one piece of 95 content, getting rid of unique break-offs, etc, really screwed everything up. There's no incentive to party in all S3 content, so most players have to solo in content that's barely passable with a party.

And I hate, I absolutely HATE that 90% of S3 is Raids. I get having Raids as ADDITIONAL content, but as Story content? It's ridiculous.

But yeah, that +10 level 90 gear does not work well for any Raid content, and certainly does not work for later S3 content.
  • ikeviikevi
    Ok, thread fully derailed.

I don't think anyone is saying that the +10 free lv 90 purple gear is even comparable to orange gear, let alone the folks that are ranked.

All that was said is that any any normal S3 raid you have to try extremely hard to not manage to get a party with someone that can carry. And at least on NA that is true. Heck even if you manage a full Miri boat, there seems to be always 1 or 2 with +12/13 weapons already. (And whenever I jump into any party there almost always seems to be someone with a +15 let alone just "good" states.)

And remember they purposely want orange/+13 items to be op. $$ is all they see with this change.

As a side note, I honestly don't know what lugh is like with a full party that doesn't know it anymore. That said for kicks I did it on my kai with just a +12 lv 80 and the free gear + soap. He had no issue soloing it in <50 min. But again I know when to dodge his throw moves etc, so I understand how it could be frustrating for a full new party. (If that really exists, since every "new" person I meet seem to be alts.)

• DinahDinah
    edited January 3, 2018
    I'm not just sitting here just assuming things and trying to speak for all the newbies saying that +10 gear is "decent" when it's really not
    whlQzU8.jpg

I'm not just sitting here either, I went and tested the free +10 gears. 20% in 10 mins seems pretty decent, doesn't it? Even 4 newbies who can only do half that would easily clear the battle under 25mins. Don't know why people keep saying it sucks
    It's easy to sit on your pedestal where you don't have to worry about what newbies are really going through day to day and say "oh that free +10 gear is decent" when the set sucks because your balance still ends up being terrible with meh attack already, it's easy to say "oh there's always at least a veteran within the group" when we all know that's not true, the server isn't just filled with vets able to carry newbies in every single run, that's just not the case. Maybe for you there's always a well geared player in your parties but don't try and say that always happens for everyone else on the server because it doesn't.

What I said is, it is unlikely for a group to fail because of time running out. Yet you get offended and start assuming I'm on some kind of pedestal not worrying about others? Sheesh, I'm not bullying anyone, no need to be toxic!

Are you going to tell me the majority of your daily raids take more than 50 minutes every time? If so, you might have the worst of luck. In that case, we need to tell nexon to fix that battle timer immediately. I'm with you!

Rezi wrote: »
    But yeah, that +10 level 90 gear does not work well for any Raid content, and certainly does not work for later S3 content.

Don't know about you, but I used +10 lv60 raider/dreamwalker set for S3 raids when I came back, and it worked quite decent enough (They didn't give free lv90 gears back then and I was too poor to afford them). Now if we're talking about donegal battles, that's a different story. :p

• ReziRezi
    edited January 3, 2018
    @ikevi

EU
    EU
    EU
    EU
    EU

Seriously, not everyone's on NA. If it was NA, I wouldn't claim there were no party boats.

And being purple isn't the issue. You can replace the weakness with orange mats anyway. The problem is that S3 gets progressively harder without any default stats increasing - aka, it's all level 90, when they could make it 91, 92, 93, or even properly bump it up to 90 in Ben, 95 in Berbhe, 100 in Donegal, and make Neam 105 or something. Because that's what the difficulty is actually like, and getting from 90 to 95 in Ben alone is piss easy.
  • ikeviikevi
    @Rezi

Just move to NA ;-) I was just in a AU hosted boat, 2-3 bars wasn't bad at all.

As for the difficulty scaling. Well if you run the story you are given an orange regina weapon shard. You aren't actually wearing "real" lv 90 stuff till you manage to have all orange, and once you do that and manage +12-13 weapon with runes you are good for neam. There is no reason for new lvls.

And I assume you realize they did "new" folks a huge disservice by nerfing S1/S2 so much. It is obvious they don't want folks running them anymore, so I wonder why they didn't just get rid of them and start everyone at lv 90. Because that is the skill lvl of any brand new person that walked through the first 2 seasons.
  • ReziRezi
    Oh sure, let me just click that "change server" button that's right next to character select.

In all honesty, I'll probably just have to wait 4 more years for them to fuse EU into NA.

And yeah, it was a disservice nerfing S1/S2. But it wasn't an issue for me cuz I played years ago. The problem I find is that they didn't nerf S3 with it. Because if anything needs a nerf, it's S3.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Nerf s3, the endgame content, because players with free gear can't complete it? really now. Isn't it easier to join a guild that can help with quests? if you can host qb's then you don't even have to do that.

My experience with Miri is what Dinah argued, raids can be done with 4 newbies just fine if they know the patterns and revive when needed. It won't be quick and people will die but it is a raid after all.
    Dinah
  • ReziRezi
    The problem with your idea is that the devs want players to get to the most recent content as fast as possible. That means Donegal and 95 Raids, not 2 huge areas that no one does anymore.

What should be difficult for players is enemy AI, not stat walls. It's the devs' fault for removing bosses like Lakoria and replacing them with ones like Glas. Glas's portals aren't even that smart but they have OP suction and OHKO, while in Lakoria you had to pay attention to your surroundings and quickly dodge/block/trap with having to deal with actual knockdown if you failed instead of revives-spam. If you failed to fight properly in battles, you lost the bonus missions and SoM which actually mattered back then, unlike now.

S3 embodies everything that's wrong with Vindi now. You used to have to have skill and smarts, now you need stats and infinite revive/pots.
  • DinahDinah
    Had to read about your rise rant to understand where you're coming from. Not that I disagree with you, but discussion is getting derailed even more :p

All I wanted to say was that it is unlikely for a group to fail a raid because of time running out.