[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Death Cubes questions

CaelestineCaelestine
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
Do all the rares have the same chance of being picked? aka Is the likelihood of getting a death lady outfitter the same as getting a dragon wings or a premium weapon fusion rune?

Do the tickets in the exchange shop indicate how rare the outfitter is? Like the lady death is 1/250 while the sakura blossom is 1/100?

And if that's true does that mean people are spending hundreds of dollars on gacha for these outfitters? :#

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    RNG boxes are purely random unless we are talking from CN or KR, where the full odds have to be disclosed according to their laws.

Either way, you have the item's chance, and the 1 in 5 chance to get it anyway since you have that illusion of choice.

You can either get it in one box, or be supremely unlucky and spend 250 coupons to get it where each box (from what I hear) drops 1-3 coupons.

at most, you're looking into a x10 pack for 11.9K NX where the max coupon odds give up to 30... each. 250 needed/30 coupons would equate to about 8 units of x10 boxes or 95.2K NX where 1K NX equates to 1USD.
  • CaelestineCaelestine
    RNG boxes are purely random unless we are talking from CN or KR, where the full odds have to be disclosed according to their laws.

Either way, you have the item's chance, and the 1 in 5 chance to get it anyway since you have that illusion of choice.

I guess I should frame my question differently...

There is a 5% chance of getting 12 items (as explained on http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/27518/the-mighty-death-cube-and-more):

Airtight Special Death Knight Set
    Airtight Special Death Lady Set
    Airtight Dragon Wings
    Airtight Special Moonshot Shirt Set
    Airtight Special Moonshot Blouse Set
    Airtight Special Mad Dog Set
    Airtight Special Sakura Blossom Set
    Airtight Premium Weapon Fusion Rune (Gift)
    Airtight Premium Enhancement Rune
    Airtight Exquisite Enchant Rune
    Airtight AP 10000 Capsule
    Airtight AP 5000 Capsule

There is a 95% chance of getting other things like dye ampoules, vvip capsules, etc.

If all "rares" (aka the 5% items) have equal probability of getting picked that means the chance of obtaining any outfitter item (7 outfitter items in the list) would be:

7/12 * 0.05 = 0.029

That means I would need to buy around 30 boxes to have around 60% chance of getting any outfitter.

However, I do not know if all the rares are of equal probability-->the exchange shop suggests that the death lady set is much rarer than the sakura blossom. Are outfitter rares as rare as something like a premium weapon fusion rune? It kind of seems like they aren't, based on how many death knight outfitters are on the market vs. mad dog.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    I wouldn't know for sure on my end. I don't tackle these boxes myself.

In either case, it really depends on what you do considering you technically have 6 choices after the animation stops spinning, unless you exclude random choice.

I'm just more of a grind gold and buy the item that way. You got two months anyhow depending on how you want to go with it.

5% would be 1 in 20 boxes to win the high tier roll, but again, illusion of choice does not make that amount consistent.
  • CaelestineCaelestine
    Hmm yeah, the cheapest outfitter that I want to buy atm is 100million ....but it seriously looks as though to get any outfitter, I'd probably have to spend about $100 for 50 boxes. I guess I'll do it your way and just pay the gold.