[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Would be nice if we had a PC Guide

JustFrameJustFrame
Vindictus Rep: 1,005
edited March 18, 2018 in Suggestions and Feedback
As the thread title implies, it would be great to see if someone who knows the market well would be willing to make a PC Guide on here for the rest of us, so that we can tell how much things are selling for and how much we should be buying things for.

I understand that it fluctuates and all, however most of the time, things have stayed consistent and even when it fluctuates, the guide can simply be updated. I feel that having such a guide would only be beneficial to the community if one was ever made.

Not only that, but it would also give us a thread for anyone who has questions pertaining to pricing to be able to freely ask there.

It's been annoying and frustrating at times to be asking people in-game when many don't reply (even when I use Megaphones) and or the only answers I get are "Hmm...it's going to cost you a lot." Gee, thanks. It's not joke when I'm still clueless on how much value or the cost of buying an S/R/E bracelet.

Hence why I'm suggesting such a guide be made because I'm sure that I'm not the only player who feels this way.

I've personally played other mmo's or games where they've had a player(s) contribute in making a PC guide and it was nothing but beneficial and helpful to the entire community.

So for me, I feel that Vindi should have one made (by knowledgeable and established players who know the market well), that way if I happen to come over something of value that I know I could at least sell it for a fair price or trade it for something of equal value. This way we also have less people trying to scandalize another individual due to their lack of knowledge.

What are other people's thoughts on this?
  1. Should their be a PC Guide?34 votes
    1. Yes, Because it would be helpful to me as a player, while also benefiting the community!
       38% (13 votes)
    2. No, Because we've never really had one and we don't need one now.
       15% (5 votes)
    3. It doesn't matter to me, Because with or without a PC Guide, I know all things and thus I'm Great.
       47% (16 votes)

Comments

• HeartCardHeartCard
    Vindictus Rep: 1,015
    edited November 10, 2016
    The problem is that the people who DO know the prices of the market, like myself, are the ones HAPPILY scandalizing the market for our own gain.
    And we're not saints to graciously share that knowledge, otherwise we wouldn't be scandalizing the market to begin with.

Likewise the price can fluctuate as much as 200% on a week-by-week basis for many items. And that difference can be anywhere from 1~100mil depending on which item we're talking about.

Being free2play through market abuse is easy, but it requires a degree of overall control. And all of us involved in it want to get as much value as possible, which means there are essentially unwritten and unexchanged universal laws. Keeping the masses uninformed definitely at the top of that list.
    The moment you ask how much it costs to buy something, the people who reply back to you are likely going to try and discern if you are currently willing to pay for the item if they have it or can acquire it. They will do this discreetly so as not to tip you off that they are preparing to bend you over on the price and just get it from the person they know that has it. This normally leads into the replies like "how much are you willing to pay" or "It's going to cost you a lot". They're not just empty comments to troll you, they're trying to actively DISCOURAGE you from buying the item to test if you are ready to buy it NOW or not.
    And if you're not willing to buy it now, they don't need to be concerned with you and can blow you off entirely as you are completely useless to them.

If you ARE willing to buy it now, and suggest that you know it's going to cost a lot or that the cost seemingly isn't an issue to you, THEN this will likely turn into a chance to actually buy the item off them. The next thing to expect is how quickly they're going to bend you over with the price. If they now believe you capable to buy the item at it's value, they will want to try and discern how much they can exaggerate the value on you. The less you know about it's value, or the more they can discredit information you have about it's value, the harder they slam their big hard pickaxe into your goldmine.

Remember:
    TheDayInLoveHallyEnigmaTarofluffyninjainlovewithbaguetteTheGreatCreidneArellaRoth
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Upvote because George Carlin :)
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited November 10, 2016
    Totally agree.. market secrets shall remain secret. As a player who doesn't buy nx, gotta make those bils to feed videk/fergus/brynn somewhere :p

Also, a "price check" is not very useful, since prices varies wildy even between different days of the week; on the orders of 1.5 - 3x price difference for many items. Nexon being somewhat successful with combating inflation lately further contribute to price instability.
    ThePharaoh
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Items fluctuate 200% in a week that are more than a few dozen thousand gold? LOL
    You know super secrets that you don't want to share? What a load of bull.
    Really? Because I haven't seen a scroll go from 40mil to 80mil without a reason for it such as new character release.
    Please stop spreading lies.

Here's how you do a price check.
    You have your item, do a search for it in the marketplace forums and the marketplace in game.
    If anyone is offering to buy it in the forums find a few recent threads where there are buyers and contact them and request a price from them.
    It'll generally be within about 10mil of what they give you.

When you check the marketplace, it'll generally be about 10mil less than what that marketplace value is for it.
    This 10mil is a bullcrap number that I pulled out of nowhere.

To the people claiming they can scam the market and make billions in a day, please, shut up or provide proof. I used to stare at that market and buy low items to craft into more expensive ones to sell for a profit. Literally sit there and refresh. It's not feasible and not practical.

To the ones claiming they buy weapons and flip them. I stare at the weapons and their prices. There is no flipping.
    If you flip on the forums post links to the evidence.
    And please, don't try and lie that you are selling via megaphones only. Not a SINGLE weapon has been sold via megaphone that had not yet been advertised in the forums. So don't make stuff up and lie about how you got your gold. We *know* how you got your gold, and if the ToS was upheld you wouldn't be posting here lying.
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

To the people claiming they can scam the market and make billions in a day, please, shut up or provide proof. I used to stare at that market and buy low items to craft into more expensive ones to sell for a profit. Literally sit there and refresh. It's not feasible and not practical.
    Nobody said ANYTHING about making "Billions in a day". Your strawman is so ridiculous that you actually attached the headlights from the batmobile to it.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

Not a SINGLE weapon has been sold via megaphone that had not yet been advertised in the forums.
    Now that's quite a statement. I don't suppose you have any evidence that's the case, do you? Rationally, that doesn't add up. You have far more players than forumers. You also have players whom could not use the old forums for entirely technical reasons, some whom were banned from the forums but not in-game, and it's likely there are some who simply believe the forums are ineffectual for selling rather than megaphones.

Hell, the premise alone defeats itself. If a weapon sells due to megaphones, it proves that a weapon can sell purely BY megaphones regardless of if there is a forum post or not. If something is caused by X, then it is caused by X.

Cessa
    Cessa said:

Items fluctuate 200% in a week that are more than a few dozen thousand gold? LOL
    You know super secrets that you don't want to share? What a load of bull.
    Please stop spreading lies.
    To the ones claiming they buy weapons and flip them. If you flip on the forums post links to the evidence.
    So don't make stuff up and lie about how you got your gold. We *know* how you got your gold, and if the ToS was upheld you wouldn't be posting here lying.
    Which brings me to the REAL point of your entire post.
    It's a trap. A strange one at that since your intended target would need to be oblivious to fall into it...Yet somehow have the awareness to abuse the market and thus make themselves the target of this trap.

The way you're asking "Show me proof" is another way of saying "Teach me how", regardless of if that's how you intended it or not. And I think I can answer for the vast majority of those like myself when I said "lol no".

Now that being said, I will give SOME very fundamental advice to those who want to abuse this in the same way those before you have,
    [Control]
    Supply and Demand. Stimulation. Monopoly. Depression. Sinkhole. Any term around economy you can think of can be simplified to just control.
    Naturally this means that something that is a NATURAL RESOURCE outside your control cannot be abused in this fashion. So Cessa's idea of making a profit out of exquisite crafting is fundamentally flawed, because those materials are too vast in supply to control. They're also a fundamental constant throughout the game, and they form a self-sustaining value chain by being tier-merged. The value of Exquisite Iron isn't independent, it depends entirely on the value of Superior Iron, which depends on the value of Fine Iron, which depends on the value of Iron. In order to actually change the value, you would need to monopolize the entire chain for a period of no less than 4 days. And that is just not feasible. Therefore you would instead have to suffice with a profit rate of around 10%~25% on average if you wanted an immediate profit(within 1 week).
    If you're clever, this information is more than enough to figure out damn near everything. If you're not...Well, just wait for Cessa to say that the reason we can't provide proof is because there isn't any. I give it like...two posts tops.

So no, Cessa. No one smart enough to abuse the market is stupid enough to fall for that trap.
    And if you think it's not real just because you couldn't make it work...Consider that MAYBE you're not doing it right. Getting work advice from someone who wants you out of a job is generally not a great plan.
    inlovewithbaguette
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited November 11, 2016
    Sorry this got really long.

I think Cessa's BS 10 mil numbers that was pulled out "nowhere" is sort of the point of the previous posts. Most good scrolls will sell for 20 mil one day and the next 40 mil... with an average of say 30 mil.

Heck during the weekend I gladly bought righteous for 70m since I wanted it right then... today you could buy them for 50.

So there is no point in saying how much each item is worth when they price swings by half of its worth so quickly. As you said just look at the market place (which is now basically dead...) and figure out the trend yourself. (Course does anyone's search actually work well for finding scroll's/items on this forum?)

As for sitting on the market and refreshing... well sadly it does happen. Even I have made close to billions (not in 1 day) when prices are going insane. Simple example for me was during the enchant scroll events. (Of course most of that money is quickly spent making more weapons to blow up for the elusive +15).

During the enchant scroll event idiotic people would post 100 magic powders for ~2-5k. I and many others would just be refreshing to snap them up, while posting our own for ~250k... Then we would just recraft and sell blessed powders for ~1 mil. (Posting ~100 250k powders would sell in ~2 hrs or less during the evenings...)

Another simple catch was I saw 2 D/E Cu bracelet for ~23k since no one was selling them on the market. I managed to grab one, but the other was bought before I clicked. Those were going for ~200m then?

I have never bothered with weapons, since those are extremely risky. (But sadly there are are folks out there that just don't realize how quickly prices on say +15 lv 70 can tank, or maybe they don't care and would rather have the mythical +15 over a much better +13 lv 90...)

Note for almost any event some prices will crash and some will sky rocket. And many of us are willing to spend billions, sit on them for a year and then make >2x profit. (Heck I had bought a ton of lambent stones during the fishing events they were at ~100k... then ~1 year later I was selling element stones for ~5-7 mil a piece.) Sure that is a long time to sit on stuff... but meh when you are already over gold cap/have all your gear scrolled, what else are you going to spend your gold one?

=> And note if you follow the future section, you always have ~6+ months heads up if you are at risk and should offload stuff before the new content comes. So that way you don't loose a huge amount. (You just don't know if Nexon is going to start a new event that will tank what you are stalking even more...)

Pro note... don't ever sit on level specific items. => IE anyone that was just holding a bunch of orange weapon shards in hope of another enhancement event for the holidays are now crying. Lv 70 armor never recovered after the events that gave a ton of them. (Even though the seal shop update took nearly a year to come after the first set of free lv 70 gear.)
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited November 11, 2016
    Such a list can't be created. Think about what you're asking:

You're asking me, a 3rd party, to determine beforehand w/ my psychic powers:
    1: How much your buyer is willing to pay for your rare item X
    2: How much you are willing to take for X
    3: Which one of you barters harder: what number will you two agree on
    For any rare item X. Really now? When I'm on for an embarassing number of hours per day and see maybe 3~4 transactions go down when it's active?

Nope. Pie-in-the-sky idealist dreams. People vary wildly. Times vary wildly. No one I know would put in the man-hours to update...besides one guy who swore off the forums. I have, over vindi history, seen Sig ES at 1mil, 2mil, 8mil, and free.
    (That last one may have been some rich person who ran out of cares.)

Maybe someone privy to more traffic than me could do it. I'm a loner. I bet Guilds trade items internally all the time.
    I suggest you join a Guild and ask them. Heck go buy it from them. Heck go farm it with them. Heck go random raid with them, watch it drop, and have it awarded it to you for free bc you were whining about it for the last 3 months.

Man I miss my old guild.

{cough} Go have fun. Don't spend your vindi time worrying about whether you're being cheated up or down 10mil. I feel equally bankrupt at 10mil and 20mil, and equally rich at 100mil and 150mil. After all, all us rich people do is bankstand anyways.
    inlovewithbaguette
  • jjXjjX
    edited November 11, 2016
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

To the ones claiming they buy weapons and flip them. I stare at the weapons and their prices. There is no flipping.
    If you flip on the forums post links to the evidence.
    I weaponsmith and armorsmith. I learned it in the S2 heyday. So I was crafting lvl70 and 80 gear. Those required significant investment for like 10% profit because iron ore was through the roof. Edit: So this is not proof of IS, but definitely proof of WAS.

Multiple times over months I saw my name reappear on weapons being (re)sold in MP. Often clean. A few times after they had been through the fergus treatment: those had shitty dura. One particularly amusing time, someone had to list my boots for like a month before they sold. I messaged the person, who blocked me without talking back.

I found it very amusing. I bet it still happens: I don't give a damn. I get my pay out immediately. They get their speculative pay out in the future. Don't spend your vindi time worrying about whether you're being cheated up or down 10mil.
  • CessaCessa
    Sure you bought a D/E bracelet for 23k.
    I've been playing VIndi for years and every other person claims to have some stupid story like that. You have no proof means you're lying.
    Or maybe you did, but how often are you going to say that happened to fund a +15 lvl 90 weapon? Do you expect me to believe that it is luck based, but yet the ONLY person in the history of Vindictus that got lucky enough to snag enough D/E bracelets to not only have two of them on your character but to also have fully double enchanted lvl 90 gear with +15 lvl 90 weapon was yourself? You got 30 of these bracelets at 23k? Only you? Because if you say it happened once and you worked for another 400mil and you have 600m total only right now, that's a lot more believable.

If scrolls are going for 20m one day and then 40m the next day and fluctuating back and forth, it means if you're selling for 20m you're bad at the market and underpricing the scroll. The price of the scroll is 40m. You can wait and sell it tomorrow for 40m. It doesn't mean the price of the scroll is changing from 20 to 40m. It means the people selling and buying have no idea how the market works. And/or the market is so weak now that there is no standard price because you're just grabbing onto anything that comes along getting whatever you can for it. Again, if you sell the scroll for 20m you're a fool. Wait a day and sell it for 40m. The price of the scroll is 40m. Not 20m. You don't even have to take an economics course to understand this. The things that will change that much are common enemy drops. Goliath tendon? Yeah, I can easily see that going from 50k to 250k in a day. But there's a reason why that is.

Check the old forums. People claimed to be making a billion a day by flipping weapons. Only possible with enhanced weapons.
    Yet when I check the marketplace forums there were weapons there still unsold. And when a good deal on a weapon came along still no one wanted to buy it. The biggest weapon flipper in East was banned a long while ago. Guess why.
    So, on flipping weapons to make billions in a day. I've asked for proof. When I did, everyone else shut up about it except for one guy. I asked him for proof and he linked a stupid post with ONE weapon that wasn't even in the 1bil+ range. So yeah, I guess if he flipped a weapon just once everyone did it also and he did it multiple times and on an every day basis to get all the gold he claims he got legitly.

The question has come up before and the discussions have been done.
    You always get these people claiming they have some magic fix on the market and can make all the gold in the world just by buying low and selling high. How they funded their +15 level 90 weapons by playing the market.

Then you ask them for any kind of specific and they pull the Donald Trump "non specifics" on you. Why? Because they literally have no idea what they're doing and they obtained most of their gold in ways not specific to the marketplace or the forums. And if they can prove otherwise then let them. Not a single person in the years that I've been playing this game has been able to come out and show what they can do to gain any kind of real gold gain by playing the market.

The biggest profit I have ever gotten by playing the market was when avatar black dyes jumped from ~8mil to ~30mil.
    After the prices finally tanked again to around 20mil a discussion came up on it.
    There were people talking in there about how they managed to get billions in gold from the dyes. But you know who was on there literally buying every cheap black dye and reselling it for 30+mil? Myself. And I rarely EVER saw anyone list more than 3 or so black dyes at a time and within the month or so that this price was being maintained there weren't but 6 or 7 names that had more than a few black dyes to sell besides myself. I made out with about 800mil in profits from that month.

There was never anything else as spectacular as that in the marketplace in terms of profit value.
    Shortly afterwards people were still talking about how they were making money off of the dyes yet they were lying. Because I would undercut every black dye with the cheapest price and my dyes would expire before they sold. Meaning I just chunked the listing price over and over. I still have about 30 or so black avatar dyes. And I couldn't sell them at a respectable profit due to them just expiring before they sold even when I undercut every other black dye. But nah, people here on the forums will still claim they were making billions off the black dyes. And you get people still talking about enchant events about how they made off with billions in a weekend when realistically you could sit in front of your computer for ~36 hours and make ~80mil in profit only. Why? Because I sat there for 36 hours and that's all I was able to do. Even though I started with a huge stash of magic powders and whatnot that I didn't have to pay anything for so my profit was all 100% from that onset.

You can read this and choose to believe that there's some black magic vodoo chant you can do at the marketplace and gain billions of gold like how some of these other posters are saying. Or you can choose to ignore their lies and trust me when I say that I played this game like a job for over 3 years and realistically only made about 3.5 bil in gold. That's farming runs and materials 8+ hours a day for 3 years. That there's no magic way to gain hundreds of millions of gold without having hundreds of millions of gold in the first place. You can watch the Korean marketplace after updates as much as you want and still you can't play this market. You can wait for enchant events and spend 36 hours of a weekend to make realistically 50mil. You can pretend like some other people will lie about how they found 50 bazillion scroll drops in a month and so that kind of profit margin is realistic and easy to do. I can't do enough raids to even get 1-2 good scroll drops a month. But these people claim they can do it. Believe them if you want, go on being frustrated with the economy. But just know that I'm not here to lie to you, I tried to make gold in this game. And I've seen what other people do to make gold in this game. And I'm telling you right now, if people tell you making gold in this game is easy then they aren't farming or working in the game for that gold; they're obtaining it by some other means that Nexon doesn't want me to talk about.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited November 11, 2016
    I don't think you read my message. And for some odd reason you seem extremely hostile in your comments. I have never said it is easy. Almost all of my examples of making money were over a year in the making...

The 1 Cu Bracelet was me saving 200m... as stated I have managed to see 2 of those, could only get my mits on 1 and I use the one I got.

Any real money I have is half from normal farming. (Look at all my posts on the old forum + this forum... Almost all are just me selling stuff I have farmed over time.

The other half of the money is from buying cheap => remaking, holding on for months/years, selling for mega profit. (Again I am not saying this is done in a day... it took me from the games release till E3S2 till I could start to afford fully scrolled gear. (And I ran with +10 demains till the pocket knife event.)

But since then I have just been sitting on money/things worth money, so even when S3 came out I managed to sell enough powders/ore/stones/other consumables that went from ~2.5k to >150k a piece (so I could craft from 25k something that would sell for 1m...) such that I could afford to double blow up >50 weapons. (And buy the stupid +11 runes, etc to give me more of a chance of making a +15.)

But it took me 6 years to get there... This isn't a 1 bil in 1 flip. (Unless you count buying +100m worth of powder to earn billions of money later.)

Note I used to be one of the folks that was buying life ergs to make health potions selling them at ~5k-25k profit per (stacks of 100 would give me a profit of ~50k to 250k)... my knowledge evolved from there. Nothing is magic, and honestly I only know the price ranges on key items that people CONSUME. (And I guess we all should know what the new "hot" items are, so if you see it for cheap you can grab it. But yes that hardly happens.)

And your point about scrolls is my point too, right? Prices vary crazily because people have many different reasons. The problem is you can't resell scrolls. But the fact is that almost everyone using the market follows the same mentality for scrolls. That is: Joe Smo wants to get easily get rid of their silent ES for 20m with 1 mega, while I will spend 4 days finding a buyer at 30 and the next day someone will mega they are buying for 40... You tell me what would you say a Silent ES is worth then?
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    edited November 11, 2016
    Wow I literally called it. Two post(ers) after my post, Cessa posted blatantly saying "no one will provide proof because there isn't any".
    10/10. Should rename myself ProphetCard.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

Do you expect me to believe that it is luck based, but yet the ONLY person in the history of Vindictus that got lucky enough to snag enough D/E bracelets to not only have two of them on your character but to also have fully double enchanted lvl 90 gear with +15 lvl 90 weapon was yourself? You got 30 of these bracelets at 23k? Only you? Because if you say it happened once and you worked for another 400mil and you have 600m total only right now, that's a lot more believable.
    When did that person say ONLY they got it? Hell the only sentence mentioning it says they only managed to snag ONE of TWO, that means that someone else got the other one.
    I'm not trying to be rude, and believe me I ENJOY being rude, but you seem irrational and unable to read what people have actually stated. You're so busy trying to read between the lines that your hand is blocking most of your vision just to have more lines to read between.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

If scrolls are going for 20m one day and then 40m the next day and fluctuating back and forth, it means if you're selling for 20m you're bad at the market and underpricing the scroll. The price of the scroll is 40m. You can wait and sell it tomorrow for 40m. It doesn't mean the price of the scroll is changing from 20 to 40m. It means the people selling and buying have no idea how the market works.
    That just shows that YOU don't understand how the market works. The "Price" of an item is the standard it is currently at. If everyone in a first week sells a scroll for 20m, that scroll's price is 20m. If during a second week 90% of the sellers bump the price up to 40m, the price is now 40m. Yes SOME people may still be selling for only 20m, but the item's price is 40mil. And finally if during a third week that same 90% of sellers decide to drop the price down to 30m, the price is THEN 30m. It's not 40m just because it [can] or [did] sell for that much, it's 30m because that's what it [currently] sells out.
    Now for the MONTH you could say the price was 20~40m. You could even say the price TENDS to be 20~40m, but the price is NOT 40m it is whatever the current standard is.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

Check the old forums. People claimed to be making a billion a day by flipping weapons.
    Which is cool, but what you don't understand is that NOBODY IN THIS TOPIC has said that yet. You are arguing against people whom have NOT made that stance thus far. Now if you want to quote those posts and argue against those, fine that's your call. Feel free to disprove THOSE POSTS, but you should not be attacking ANYONE who abuses the market just because SOME people have fairy god parents to wish for infinite gold and then when asked where it came from they go "uhhhh...Internet?"
    You are arguing against a strawman you set up yourself.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

Yet when I check the marketplace forums there were weapons there still unsold. And when a good deal on a weapon came along still no one wanted to buy it.
    H...How do you...KNOW for certain they weren't sold? Because the person never replied to their own thread to say it sold? What if the thread wasn't popular enough to merit it? What if the person just didn't care to let other people know?
    Hell, I'm sure you'd find a DOZEN threads in the old forums of me personally selling certain scrolls. Most of which I didn't update when someone whispered me in-game to buy it off me. You'd also find dozens upon dozens of threads where someone was selling Extreme/Tutelary/Sentinel/Passion/Warlord scrolls that I bought without me even posting in the thread, and I'm sure most of which the OP did not post afterword letting other people know the item was bought from them.

Your ENTIRE arguement relies on this strange notion that you have an implausible level of information about the sales that is fundamentally flawed.

Cessa
    Cessa said:

Not a single person in the years that I've been playing this game has been able to come out and show what they can do to gain any kind of real gold gain by playing the market.
    Let's put it this way. Rationally, what benefit do they get by doing so? The only penalty for not doing so is that you doubt their legitimacy...But you're insignificant to them, so why does that matter? If there is no benefit to telling you, WHY would they? Because there is a CLEAR detriment to telling you, it creates more competition for them.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

But you know who was on there literally buying every cheap black dye and reselling it for 30+mil? Myself.
    Your arrogance blinds you. Do you seriously think you were the only one? Do you HONESTLY believe you bought [literally] every cheap black dye? Then you are delusional. There were likely HUNDREDS of people doing the same thing, and across atleast TWO US servers.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

Why? Because I sat there for 36 hours and that's all I was able to do.
    This sums up your post really. You think that because YOU failed to abuse the market, that it's simply impossible for anyone else to do it.
    You are BLINDINGLY arrogant.
    VahelDiRaizeljjXinlovewithbaguette
  • CessaCessa
    If I have to wait a day to sell a scroll for 40m then the scroll is 40m. I'm sorry you can't wait a day to sell the scroll and must settle for 20m and so think the price of the scroll is 20m-40m. Because it really isn't. It's 40m.

So say you think a scroll is 20-40m. When do you think a person would EVER come by and agree to sell it to you for 20m if they can wait a day and get 40m for it if the price for the scroll fluctuates that much in such a short time. The fact is that it doesn't. Not without a new character, a new weapon, an enchant event, or something similar.
  • jjXjjX
    edited November 11, 2016
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

If I have to wait a day to sell a scroll for 40m then the scroll is 40m. I'm sorry you can't wait a day to sell the scroll and must settle for 20m and so think the price of the scroll is 20m-40m. Because it really isn't. It's 40m.

So say you think a scroll is 20-40m. When do you think a person would EVER come by and agree to sell it to you for 20m if they can wait a day and get 40m for it if the price for the scroll fluctuates that much in such a short time. The fact is that it doesn't. Not without a new character, a new weapon, an enchant event, or something similar.
    No. The price of ES in particular can change in seconds.
    In 5 seconds I can go from "hmm the cheapest r7 scroll of use is someone 3hrs ago megaing 50mil" to "omgomg buying exactly Enlightened gimme now. 50? 60? 70? respond goddamnit". Why? I opened a free enchant rune from a box.

I've also been on the other side, selling enchants. I've done my share of "super undercutting" precisely because I did not want to wait a day. Tomorrow the weapon I'm eyeing on the marketplace might be gone.

I've called your bluff twice now. You're not listening.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Holy fk me these novels and essays. All these economic flipping is nice and all but it gets to the point that the time investment to do these things and keep track of em is not worth the end result. I have pretty good gear, nothing too fantastic, just enuf to get the job done. I never really acted in such a cladestine and selfish way (although I respect your method of playing the market since you are free to do whatever you choose). Yes money is nice and exploitin the mass can net you some extra gold, but at the end of the day I wanna have a pleasant nonstressful experienve with vindi. for a very long time now I havent really been doin any sort of farmin or market manipulation like i used to and I do pretty damn well in terms of damage in raids (since that is the ultimate goal in vindi, why we farm or want that glorious +15 and decked out gear). Id rather get experienced and do well in game thru skill rather than buff myself like crazy with absurdly expensive gear acquired through "secret trade methods."

At the end of the day its just a game. Have fun and u can do some market manipulation as it is entertainin to make that dough. But dont stress too much about that it destroys you. I kno someone in game who farms the fk out of vindi, multilogs, has fully decked out char with +15s back to back. But just utterly sucks at the game and has a very notorious reputation for his mega spamming and just general lack of skill. I kno he does alot of market manipulation to afford what he has. I on the otherhand am not nearly as rich as he is and yet people have praised me for my humbleness in doing fair and straightforward sales and being really good at the game even if I dont hve insane gear or whatnot. Id prefer to have the latter experience. Less stressful, more muh deeps, and generally a more positive vibe from the game. But "hey, you do you booboo." If you find satisfaction from exploitin the market to the fullest to maximize profit, go ahead. Just givin my two cents.

TL;DR: I am a hypocrite for complaining that other people wrote novels/essays.
    sabersatenRakushuDelteros
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    And to get this back to OP, here is a quick and raw PC list for the current state of the game:

General Scroll Prices
    `
    Normal/ high demand
    Temporal ~ 25-30 | 40 Memorable ~ 25 | 30
    Reinforced ~ 35-40 | 45-50 Expeditionary ~ 10-15
    Echoing ~ 35-40 | 45-50
    Silent ~ 35-40
    Immoral ~ 55-65 | 70+ Declarative ~ 35-40
    Righteous ~ 60-70 | 80+ Spirited ~ 20-30
    Judgement ~ 50-60 | 70+ Journeying ~ 10
    Subdued ~ 50 | 60+ TheDead ~ 50
    Crescent Moon ~ 20-25 Enthu ~ 25 | 30-40
    Enlightened ~ 50-60 | 70+

Credit to Khloe/Aichan who made this list. I agree with it and its pretty accurate.

Bracelet prices are fked, imma tell u rite now. Nobody knows it and its mainly at the discretion of seller or buyer.

Lvl 90s with orange main only.
    ~100-130m for +10. Roughly double per increase in enhance and add a fixed amount per orange shard in the weapon independant of enhance.
    250m+ for +11. 500m for +12. 900-1b for +13. 1.7-2b for +14. 3.5-4b for +15. Altho nowadays game is ded as hell so ur prices gonna hve to be lower.

Idk bout vanity, i just play this game for the gameplay mostly so I only kno about items. Ask me something specific if u want to kno more as i do not want to make a full list of items. Too much effort, scroll and weapon prices are good enuf since those are the most important things
  • DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    For a long time in EU server (EU forum) we've had an Enchant Scroll price list. Here is the current one (link).

Just to make few points according to what i've read:

1. People who know the prices - aren't automatically the same people who try to take advantage of it. Many people know the prices in general, but only some of them take the advantage of it... also to actually take an advantage of market manipulation trading - knowledge of prices isn't 'the important thing'. What mostly contributes to it, is being able to predict the fluctuation of prices (which happens mainly in connection to some updates/events), or create one yourself (yes, it is possible in some cases). Then, if you're capable to deduce what will be the price fluctuation and how can you use it effectively - is how you gain a profit.

So theoretically yes, it is possible to create a list like this, same as we did in EU with scrolls. People would simply post in thread for how much they've bought/sold some item, which would give an approximate value of it. Tho the main post would have to be updated often.

Tho, to be honest it's a bit more idealistic rather than realistic. Market is a very 'lively' place, where things change often depending on demand/availability... some are more stable, some less, but in general the point is that the prices are meant to fluctuate depending on situation and by trying to keep people informed about 'prices', you actually stop the natural flow (auto-adjustment) of the market.
    By trying to fix one issue - you create another, because people are f.e. like:
    1p: it says on forum that this is the price
    2p: but i'm telling you it's not the value anymore due to event
    1p: i don't believe you, forum says that...
    2p: blablabla...

And in general, it's not needed to be honest, since most of the stuff is tradeable via marketplace - which means you have an access to all of the information you need to determine current value of something (unless you're dumb).
    In EU we did that list long before Enchant Scrolls were tradeable via marketplace, and when scrolls could be re-sold to someone else (because they wouldn't bound after purchase). Now, since scrolls can be sold via marketplace and can not be re-sold... personally i think that this list has lost its purpose and is quite unnecessary.

So yeah, if you'd like to make a list with prices, it would be useful only for the items which can not be sold via marketplace (or some rare stuff)... because that's when player can be actually 'scammed', otherwise anyone can just go to marketplace and check the price.

What would be more useful to people - is someone with marketing knowledge, logic calculation skills and 'good heart' xD (plus access to korean server for approx. prediction comparison), informing people about incoming price changes due to next updates (i have all, but i don't have time to manage this kind of thing... maybe i would create something like this in the future, but i can't really know).
    With this^, people could react faster to incoming market changes, which would mean that price transition would be more fluent instead of sudden. It would help people to evaluate future situation on market, which means that they could for example be prepared to sell something at the right time (if they want to preserve their money), or to not buy something for higher price if they prefer to wait some time and get it cheaper.
    Tho... in this scenario, the person making such an 'information tool', would take quite a lot of responsibility on himself, because if he gets something wrong - this means that it could cost some people a lot of money (of course it would be totally personal whether someone decides to trust him or not, so there would be no reason to blame him... it's all personal action in the end, which means it's all personal risk).
    PixelPantsu
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    To all of the people who refuse to submit a PC guide because they want to monopolize the market I just want to say, really? New players have enough of a tough time gearing up as it is, they need all of the gold that they can get for a +10 90 weapon to stay relevant in the current end game. It's these players who benefit the most from a guide to make sure that they aren't cheated out of the few rares drop that they get. Certainly the marketplace prices can be used as a starting point to gauge how much an item is worth, however as we all know scrolls and enhanced weapons are often listed much higher than their actual value, especially if it's through a 10 days coupon. For example I wouldn't say it's fair if a new player buys a +10 90 for 300m even after the seal shop revamp.

If anything we should try to alleviate the pay-wall that current exists at the end game (the seal shop revamp and the level-up gears helped, props to Nexon for those), instead of exasperating it through a hostile market to newcomers.
    JustFrame
  • HeartCardHeartCard
    Scarrlettt

At the end of the day its just a game. Have fun and u can do some market manipulation as it is entertainin to make that dough. But dont stress too much about that it destroys you.
    Some of us like it tbh. I do the same thing on most other games with markets. Hell, I do the same thing on ebay for that matter. Plus, it's not like it consumes nearly any time. You can make a pretty decent weekly profit just from a few minutes a day once you have a grasp on how the market works.
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

So if I scam some new player who abuses mommy's credit card into giving me 250mil for that same scroll, does that mean that 40m Scroll is now a 250m scroll? Or does it mean that person simply overpaid?
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

When do you think a person would EVER come by and agree to sell it to you for 20m if they can wait a day and get 40m for it if the price for the scroll fluctuates that much in such a short time.
    Suppose they're about to leave for the week/weekend and won't have time to sell it the next day? Suppose they only play on the weekends and thus have to sell it within that short timeframe? Suppose they need money for a scroll THEY want before someone else buys it. Suppose I trick them into thinking they won't be able to sell it for 40m and should just sell it to me for 20m.

You've locked your argument down to such absolutes that it's now just a fantasy.

Chrys
    Chrys said:

To all of the people who refuse to submit a PC guide because they want to monopolize the market I just want to say, really? New players have enough of a tough time gearing up as it is, they need all of the gold that they can get for a +10 90 weapon to stay relevant in the current end game.

If anything we should try to alleviate the pay-wall that current exists at the end game (the seal shop revamp and the level-up gears helped, props to Nexon for those), instead of exasperating it through a hostile market to newcomers.
    The problem here is that you're appealing to morality rather than rationality. People only act in ways that benefit them, even if those benefits are emotional(morality included). The type of person to abuse new players in this way is most likely unconcerned with their morality or atleast what you view of their morality...So it is not beneficial for them to be morally upright.
    If you truly wanted to alter their opinion, you would need to present a tangible benefit for them.

• CessaCessa
    Scarrlettt

Normal/ high demand
    Temporal ~ 25-30 | 40 Memorable ~ 25 | 30
    Reinforced ~ 35-40 | 45-50 Expeditionary ~ 10-15
    Echoing ~ 35-40 | 45-50
    Silent ~ 35-40
    Immoral ~ 55-65 | 70+ Declarative ~ 35-40
    Righteous ~ 60-70 | 80+ Spirited ~ 20-30
    Judgement ~ 50-60 | 70+ Journeying ~ 10
    Subdued ~ 50 | 60+ TheDead ~ 50
    Crescent Moon ~ 20-25 Enthu ~ 25 | 30-40
    Enlightened ~ 50-60 | 70+
    Obviously wrong. Have you not been reading what people are saying? Scrolls can be 20m one day and then be 40m the next. None of the prices you listed reflect that.