[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Playing Teide

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Hurk
I tried it out on an alt and it seems that you are supposed to stack wound buffs to make shotgun attacks more effective. OK. But the wound skill description is clearly bugged...IIRC it says you only need 5 sword slashs to get the highest wound buff level, but its more like 5 to get the FIRST level. Using the sword to manually stack wound buffs takes way too long.

Theres a SP skill to automatically apply the highest wound buff level + another SP skill to exted the wound buff duration, but the problem is that the former has a pretty long cooldown and the latter only extends by a few seconds. I found that I needed to spam the SP skill to extend the wound buff several times before I could get enough time to use all 6 of my shotgun shells without having the wound buff drop a level. The constant SP skill spamming simply to extend the wound buff seems like it hurts DPS a lot. If the wound buff drops a level, you have to waste too much time using the sword to get it to the highest level again, so it seems like using the SP skill to extend the duration is essential.

Shotgun doesnt seem to do that much damage either unless you are using red shells + max wound buff. Reloading also seems like it takes too long compared to just firing + auto reloading. Using the dodge special reload to reload with red shells takes too long as well unless you are doing it before you trigger the boss, and quick reload has too long a cooldown.

I tried asking around but most of the replies i got were along the lines of "nobody plays teide LOL" and "teide is a joke".

Anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize DPS with Teide? The best thing i managed to come up with so far is using dodge + 3x shotgun, SP skill for max wound, dodge + 3x shotgun to get as much SP as possible, extend the wound duration whenever necessary, quick reload + shotgun damage skills, extend wound, etc....but this was with trans giving me the SP generation buff and it wouldnt work without trans.

Comments

• AnsfridAnsfrid
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    edited December 17, 2017
    Give me your IGN in game, i will try to answer your questions .

IGN : Ansfrid
  • Question2Question2
    Why not post here? Seems like it would be easier than using the poor in game chat.
  • AnsfridAnsfrid
    Because I prefer to answer you in direct, I do not like the discution which lasts several days on the forum to wait for the answer of the interlocutor, tell me if you are interressed or not.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Split slash when raid starts. Then just rotate between shooting, and extending the wound duration with spinning slash when you have sp. Sp reload should be used w/e off cd with the shells dumped asap with double shot giving you some burst and sp.

Don't bother manually reloading before each shot unless you can't really do anything else ex: neam is in the air or Dullahan is in bomb phase. Normals shouldn't be used unless you are really short on sp and have to extend the buff period.

Excess sp on-top of keeping up wound with spinning slash and reload can be put into true shot. No need to dump all 6 shots at once as each shot will increase the cd by 10s unless you find an opening large enough.

You can use the following video as reference.

• Question2Question2
    Ansfrid wrote: »
    Because I prefer to answer you in direct, I do not like the discution which lasts several days on the forum to wait for the answer of the interlocutor, tell me if you are interressed or not.

Would rather not do this ingame.

• Question2Question2
    Atherion wrote: »
    Split slash when raid starts. Then just rotate between shooting, and extending the wound duration with spinning slash when you have sp. Sp reload should be used w/e off cd with the shells dumped asap with double shot giving you some burst and sp.

Don't bother manually reloading before each shot unless you can't really do anything else ex: neam is in the air or Dullahan is in bomb phase. Normals shouldn't be used unless you are really short on sp and have to extend the buff period.

Excess sp on-top of keeping up wound with spinning slash and reload can be put into true shot. No need to dump all 6 shots at once as each shot will increase the cd by 10s unless you find an opening large enough.

You can use the following video as reference.

The main issue i have is that it seems really difficult to generate enough SP to spam spinning slash every...5 seconds or so, while building SP to use the other SP skills. Not to mention that when a boss uses a move with a long invulnerability frame (dragons flying away, etc) then your wound buff decreases and you have to use the sword to increase it again which is VERY time consuming as split slash has a long cooldown.

It seems that quick reload works best with true shot since you are basically doubling the damage of every shot?

Should you use double shot mode with normal shotgun shells all the time vs a boss? I dont see the drawback of not using double shot all the time vs a boss...obviously theres a cooldown but its still faster DPS than single shot mode.

• AtherionAtherion
    Sp reduction on spinning slash and a cat statue. 80sp down from 150sp each slash will be a complete game changer. I personally tend to stack wound to the point where my buff is over the minute mark at all times and still have sp to spare.

True shot should not be priortized just to be used with sp reload. This is because double shot with sp reload gives you a quick sp boost allowing for better upkeeping of your wound buff. In fact I’d skip true shot all together unless you start having excess sp after rotating sp reload and spamming spinning slash ever so often. It does decent damage but has poor sp generation and is extremely situational due to leaving you stationary.

Double shot away, if the situation allows you to, go for it. But don’t priortize reloading shells over continuously shooting since it will both leave you open to being hit and lower your sp generation. Maybe with the future buff where manual reload is buffed to load an additional shell, it will have more use. But as of now, don’t bother as the reduction in sp generation is not worth it.

Gattaca
  • hazebetobehazebetobe
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    I just hit the boss with normal attacks(rarely ever use split slash) to get to gaping wound and use spinning slash for when my stam runs low and deft reload when I can. double shot always as you will never get dps trying to single shot. Stay on the boss constantly hitting and shooting him and use true shot when you can. But honestly teide is just for fun even if you try your hardest to dps you probably have the lowest dps of any character with equal stats.
  • AnsfridAnsfrid
    Teide has more damage than Greatsword hurk which is pretty big damage, after that it's just my opinion.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Teide does more dmg than GS assuming GS has little to no deflections, does not stim/trans, and the run is not Neamhain.