[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

christmass ornaments

MadcobraMadcobra
Vindictus Rep: 5,230
edited December 15, 2017 in General Discussion
So this event gives ornaments only in two ways? By christmass on time when you have to be just loged or from only battle quests. Whats with players who have reached already all quests and got none? . I was even checking with my low lvl character if its true and yes got ornaments only on quests battle from destroy objects . That means my 95 lvl character can count only on christmas on time ornaments xD . That is just sad

Comments

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    I thought you just needed to destroy objects, quests or not.

If that's not the case, it probably means any battles that are part of quests and not just fillers that have none (i.e Golden Gnoll Leather). As far as I know, this only doesn't count for Traces Of Battle since it's not a real battle.

And if THAT'S not the case, then at the very least, if you haven't been playing long, you might have a plethora of side-quests you can do if you uncheck the hidden quests box in the quest menu.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    I do play long and no i dont have no hiden quests sadly :(
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    It drops in Donegal -> I have tried Lagho and White Bear but nothing -> went to lvl 95 locations and got them by destroying environment, crates etc.
    Madcobra
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    They dropped in Berb/Plains when I ran last night. They don't seem to have a great drop rate, though. Not anything like the last time when I was swimming in the buff items by the end.
    Madcobra
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Usually can get 3 or more per run breaking all the debris in Hidden
    Hoarfrost is bad on both sides. Smashed everything and got only one over multiple runs.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited December 16, 2017
    The drop rate on them is ridiculously low. Seeing how theres an expiration date on the cakes and such from mysterious traveler, they should be raining from the sky with every step. Because they are literally of zero value to players after said date. But they do drop everywhere - i got one in Braha from breaking nails.

Still, the drop rate makes the event not worth bothering with.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I dont know why people are trying to farm the ornament. You only get pots from it, aside from the server wide decorating part. If you just play normally, you can easily hand in ornaments over time to get free pots and decorate the tree at the same time. There is zero reason to farm the ornaments manually...its not like you get runes for turning in 100 ornaments or something.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 16, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    I dont know why people are trying to farm the ornament. You only get pots from it, aside from the server wide decorating part. If you just play normally, you can easily hand in ornaments over time to get free pots and decorate the tree at the same time. There is zero reason to farm the ornaments manually...its not like you get runes for turning in 100 ornaments or something.

It's the challenge of completing the tree before Christmas. They gave us 12 days to get it done, but it's day 4 now and we're only around 10% complete.
    PrototypemindMadcobra
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    there a title given once we complete it.
    Madcobra
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Order5 wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »

It's the challenge of completing the tree before Christmas. They gave us 12 days to get it done, but it's day 4 now and we're only around 10% complete.

Where in game do you see how far % complete we are?
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Where in game do you see how far % complete we are?

It was a server wide announcement.

You really can't farm these. A full day of farming and I got 2? So for all you title farmers you just have to hope everyone is afking/getting those 5 a day. But I highly doubt it since folks tend not to farm titles on alts... (And the 3 seals aren't worth the 3 hrs of afk.)
    LoLoBooty
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    I just wanted that damn title ... but i see the only way to get them its being online . Tho i got only 2-3 houers per day for Vindi . Hope its enough for the afk event to get reward at the end
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    People are probably hoarding to turn them in at the last minute. But its odd that the requirements for an event like this would be high.
    @Madcobra:
    'Those that contributed Christmas Ornaments can speak to the Strange Traveler and gain a Santa Hat Box and the special "Shiny Knight" title'
    Madcobra