[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Future Enhancement Stones

HelgiHelgi
Vindictus Rep: 205
in Future Content
Hello all.

I know this may be an outdated issue for many, but since the last Seals of Bravery shop update (which I highly approve of), I thought this is something that needs discussion about. I sincerely wish this truly is an old discussion and would like some confirmation that this item as a whole is now an abandoned idea.
Around May time, there was an outrage in the Korean forums and community regarding a presence of an 'absolute enhancement stone' within the game client (found through a client repack or whatever you call them).
They are labelled 'HEROES_ITEM_DESC_randomitem_enhance_stone_jump_abs_nnnn' (last nnnn being a 4 digit numbers indicating which enhancement stones they are). They are a set of different enhancement stones with

1. a 30% chance, enhances your weapon / armor to +15

2. a 40% chance, enhances your weapon / armor to +14

3. a 50% chance, enhances your +14 into +15

4. a 60% chance, enhances your +13 to +14

5. a 70% chance, enhances your +12 to +13

6. 80% chance, enhances your +11 to +12

(quoted from a reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Vindictus/comments/6d3mij/so_dem_new_enhancement_rates_doe/)

What made it truly horrifying is that it says 'randomitem' in the code and also they found out that the item can only be traded once- which we all can assume it is coming out of one of those cash-paid random 'lucky' boxes.

OBVIOUSLY, this caused havoc and outrage in the communities. What really worries me (and should worry everyone else) is that what they said to calm the Korean community down is that 'THIS ITEM IS MEANT FOR FOREIGN SERVERS'. !!!!!!!!!!!! (yeah that means us)

Later, they updated the flawless enhancement stones and the binding 13 enhancement stones as we know of it now. Few months later, we got them too.
These items I believe are one of the best updates Vindictus has given in the past few months (if not best, it is the least controversial). It is an update that actually rewards people for their efforts in the game instead of playing some bs gamble to have their gear stronger (and being a Nexon game that says A LOT).

I am paranoid that this will all be for nothing when the Absolute Enhancement Stones are ever updated. Because the current nature of the binding system and item revival system which fundamentally bans items from further enhancements, should those ridiculous enhancement stones are ever updated, all the weapons people have invested so much time in- will be for nothing (since they cannot be enhanced anymore). They simply should not raise the 'common' weapon standard above lvl.90 +13 for the forseeable future.

Therefore, what I would like from Nexon EU/NA AND ALSO FROM KOREA is a confirmation that these items are gone for good.

Sorry for the long post.

All the best x
+drunk
Sir_Render

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Those stones havent been implemented yet so we have no idea if they will actually be a thing. Also DevCAT saying "They are meant for Foreign servers." More than likely is a way of covering the fact that they are becoming a thing for KR. DevCAT have been a lot more shady and less talkative to the community since then and it makes the players worried for the game.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    by the time they add said stones,you will get enough money for a brand new full orange weapon that can be enhanced once again with the alleged new runes
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    JP already has the Flawless Stones up to +14:

+10 -> +11 at 70% or 80%
    +11 -> +12 at 60% or 70%
    +12 -> +13 at 60%, 70% or 100%
    +13 -> +14 at 60%

They all come packaged, and prices are quite insane for the higher enhancement ones, with a 60% +13 being ~200m (economy is exactly the same as EU), while +11 and +12 are quite cheap (20m a +12 iirc). On top of that, they also have +1 and +2 quality coupons in their gacha, plus Primal Flame Blute flame_lynn_3.jpg

Price per box is:
      1  200 yen
     10 1800 yen
     20 3200 yen
     50 7600 yen

Each box also gives a set amount of coins (our Vindicator coupons) you can exchange for various rewards. The worse is the result of the gacha, the more coins you get (1 for 100% +13, +2* Coupon and Primal Flame Weapons, or 8 for 300 AP Capsule for example)
    PrototypemindOrder5
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Cn and Jp had those, but its still clueless about other regions.
  • RankZRankZ
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited December 14, 2017
    If this is true, it would be an amazing addition to the game. The only reason I as a veteran would come back is to actually play the game with gear comparable to my peers. +15 is pretty much the standard nowadays and especially since they added +20, it should be easy to get a +15 weapon. Of course only +15 holders who valued their weapon so long will be scared and stressed that their item is worthless now, but if players can get them much easier, it'll balance the playing field and allow players to compete better in terms of skill. That's right, your 2bil gold weapon is now worth much less, start being worried. Plus, it motivates nexon to push these out since they'll make money and attract players.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    RankZ wrote: »
    If this is true, it would be an amazing addition to the game. The only reason I as a veteran would come back is to actually play the game with gear comparable to my peers. +15 is pretty much the standard nowadays and especially since they added +20, it should be easy to get a +15 weapon. Of course only +15 holders who valued their weapon so long will be scared and stressed that their item is worthless now, but if players can get them much easier, it'll balance the playing field and allow players to compete better in terms of skill. That's right, your 2bil gold weapon is now worth much less, start being worried. Plus, it motivates nexon to push these out since they'll make money and attract players.

Nothing is going to change. People who have had their +15s for a long time knew that this was coming since the introduction of +20. Most have already restored their weapons so they wouldn't be able to sell them anyway. Furthermore, the playing field will not be evened out because +15 will be the new medium instead of +12 (what we're currently at), and you won't stand a chance against later bosses unless you have one.
  • VinseltusVinseltus
    Vindictus Rep: 700
    Dont you guys always loose a lot worth in your gear after every level cap increasing patch with new weapons and armors? Doesnt your old gear becomes almost garbage? Well think of these runes as a new patch. Only this time not new items but different mechanics. Since i saw fron the social media that a 6k add char can onepunchneam and feels like Saitama, I feel like speed of sound sonic here with only 3k ADD. I know my char is powerful but Saitamas are in a whole another league.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Nah, gear creep hasn't been nearly so bad these last patches. The people who went all out with 80 gear walked into Regina & Co. without any real issue other than crit resist being a bit low, and a decent set of 90 gear is still more than fine for now and maxed 90 will likely be fine into 100 content. The gear creep isn't nearly as bad as it used to be and I'm very glad for that.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Nah, gear creep hasn't been nearly so bad these last patches. The people who went all out with 80 gear walked into Regina & Co. without any real issue other than crit resist being a bit low, and a decent set of 90 gear is still more than fine for now and maxed 90 will likely be fine into 100 content. The gear creep isn't nearly as bad as it used to be and I'm very glad for that.

Not really true. Obviuosly the huge jumps in crit on weapons/bosses crit res have really nerfed lv 80/90 weapons, poor sword lann :-( (And honestly rise tanked +15 <lv 90 gear faster than everything has ever even come close too. With bracelets folks were still managing to att/crit/bal cap with +15 lv 48/52 weapons. on lv 80 content. IE ~23.5k att.)
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @ikevi I just mean in the main. 90-95% of players never cap from season to season. You may be right going forward, though. 80 +15s, actually even 70 +15s were able to still hold things down in 90 content--for capped players--but with the huge jump in crit and crit resist needed to get by people may be left in the dust if they aren't willing to keep upgrading all their gear.