[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Does It Hurt If You Exit The Launcher After In?

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
in General Discussion
I have always just done it but something recently got me wondering if I should. An what im referring to is - Is it ok, or does it matter either way if once we are in game & playing, does it matter if we right click the launcher & exit it completely?

TI7VqfC.jpg
  1. Do You Exit The Launcher Completely After Your In The Game?12 votes
    1. Yup...
       75% (9 votes)
    2. Nope...
       25% (3 votes)

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Nexon or Steam?
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited December 14, 2017
    Hurt how? I immediately end the launcher process the moment the Vindictus splash screen pops up and have been since the launcher was created without trouble.

Tera is the only game I know where certain in-game processes rely on the launcher staying open.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Sorry, thankyou i should have differentiated between the 2, i meant Nexon, i dont use Steam. I have prob.....well lets just say i dont use Steam for V
    Order5 wrote: »
    Nexon or Steam?

Sorry, thankyou i should have differentiated between the 2, i meant Nexon, i dont use Steam. I have prob.....well lets just say i dont use Steam for Vindictus xD

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    CometCupid wrote: »
    Hurt how? I immediately end the launcher process the moment the Vindictus splash screen pops up and have been since the launcher was created without trouble.

Tera is the only game I know where certain in-game processes rely on the launcher staying open.

Hurt as in like not having as secure a connection to the game & having a bigger chance to get D/C'd & such....

TI7VqfC.jpg
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    At this point we know the launcher does nothing to keep the game/connection more secure. If anything it causes it to drop when it forces an update oddly.

I usually don't bother closing it till I am done with vindictus for the day, but the concern more would be if they ever decided to modify their background program checks to see if a launcher (steam or nexon's) was running.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    ikevi wrote: »
    At this point we know the launcher does nothing to keep the game/connection more secure. If anything it causes it to drop when it forces an update oddly.

Oh ya that reminds me, theres an option in the settings of the launcher to activate "Automatic Updates". Does that mean theyll download them to us while were playing in game or....? If so that'll prob cause me more lag than i already have, which is to much already. I notice it also says in the settings, "Only when the launcher is on (or up)" But that didnt clarify anything for me so thats partly why im askin.....mJBda4e.gif

TI7VqfC.jpg